Back to Living with Dementia: Impact on Individuals, Caregivers, Communities and Societies

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Living with Dementia: Impact on Individuals, Caregivers, Communities and Societies by Johns Hopkins University

Health professionals and students, family caregivers, friends of and affected individuals, and others interested in learning about dementia and quality care will benefit from completing the course. Led by Drs. Nancy Hodgson and Laura Gitlin, participants will acquire foundational knowledge in the care of persons with Alzheimer’s Disease and other neurocognitive disorders....

AA
Sep 14, 2019

A multidimensional look at community support for dementia. With the growing number in dementia, families and communities need to be more focused on including the person with dementia. Good learning.

ZZ
Apr 25, 2019

I felt this course expanded the information I already understand regarding dementia care. I have already implemented several things learned from this course in the memory care unit I lead in a SNF.

1 - 25 of 54 Reviews for Living with Dementia: Impact on Individuals, Caregivers, Communities and Societies

By Steve D

Dec 10, 2018

Taking this course has definitely helped enhance my knowledge around people affected by dementia, and as one of New Zealand’s biggest and fastest growing social and health issues that our ageing population are now facing, we need to as a society become more supportive, inclusive and foster an understanding with people living with dementia type illnesses..

By ANKUR S

Jan 16, 2018

The course is very well prepared and have practical approach. It helped me to enhanced my knowledge and I was able to serve my patients in better ways and with more understanding. Everyone who is serving Dementia patients as Individual, family member or professionals must do this course. I strongly recommend it.

By Renee K

Feb 25, 2018

I learned a lot from this course, and now feel much better about caring for my grandmother, who has dementia. If you have a loved one with dementia, I suggest you take this course to further educate yourself on dementia and how to create a better environment for your loved one. I definitely recommend it!

By Azam D S

Nov 7, 2019

This course helps me to broaden my knowledge in dementia care. I do find the explanation is clear, the example given is applicable, and there are many updated aricles you can read... so satisfying.

By Janice E

Aug 26, 2020

Thank you for the opportunity to learn many things about dementia, it is a whole new experience for me, although only by the internet. The contents you provided were more than enough, although some links can't be accessed. Thank you for the different perspectives that you've shown in this course. Grateful to spend my time here. All the best, stay safe, may this pandemic be better soon!

By chewyenlim

Dec 10, 2019

I kept failing W3 quiz, after nearly 20x of trying.. will skip this. If there's a certificate do issue, if not it's ok. Apologies for inconvenience caused. Course wise, I've learnt a lot, had deeper understanding on dealing with dementia, I'm grateful for such courses, hope there'll be more. Geriatric courses too. Thank you very much to the lecturers and team.

By Rita D O

Sep 5, 2017

Excellent course. A course that is relevant, up to date and can benefit individuals with or caring for people with Alzheimer's. Easy to follow. It has been offered more than once and checking in again gives you the opportunity to learn through discussions and updates too. I highly recommend it.

By Grace E W

Aug 28, 2020

The instructors were awesome, able to cram so much useful information in such a short time span. The videos were outstanding. I've never anticipated taking a quiz so much in my life. I truly enjoyed this class and have recommended the classes to my friends and coworkers.

By Nareswari P S

Mar 29, 2020

I like this course. It's very refreshing to know about Dementia Care in other countries. The resources are vast and very reliable. I have gained new knowledge and learned some important details that can enhance my own study of careworking in Japan

By Dayna M

Mar 28, 2018

This course was excellent!

My family member has dementia and doing this course has helped me so much in many ways especially learning about the antipsychotic medications. Thank you so much and I will definitely recommend this course to others!

By Olga B

Mar 8, 2020

Thank you very much for this course. I've obtained a good understanding of how to work with people with dementia, what is this disease kind of. I like this new for me non-drug approach to this disease and many more helpfull advizes.

By Gerardo R G

Jul 17, 2017

Updated information, informational videos. A really good class for people wanting to know more about Dementia but also for people with previous knowledge about the disease, I feel that the course has something for everyone.

By Anna

Sep 15, 2019

By Zack

Apr 25, 2019

By Elizabeth M

Jul 20, 2020

I really learned so much in this course that will help me towards the care for my mother and also about how the country I live in helps towards improving on Dementia care for so many others.

By Jennifer L R

Jul 12, 2020

Easy-to-follow course instructions, informative takeaways, and prompt receipt of testing score feedback as well as the certificate. Looking forward to taking another course soon.

By Ranaweera A N D R

Aug 11, 2020

This made me understand how much effort that our society should spend to develop the dementia care. This is a vital course that everybody must follow.

By Maria C F L

Sep 13, 2020

Great lectures with helpful, timely discussions. Highly recommended even for individuals expecting to care for elderly parents with dementia.

By Ronny A C G

Dec 28, 2018

Es un curso muy completo, muy en la línea de los plan nacional de demencia, realmente útil, excelente, muy recomendable! Felicitaciones!

By Sylvia C

Oct 6, 2020

The course provided a comprehensive overview of dementia. I especially the list of readings and resources provided by the presenters.

By Lisa

Oct 28, 2018

strongly recommend you to have this course, you will get to know how to care a ppl living with dementia , and what is PCC.

By Janet I

Sep 5, 2020

Learned a lot. Quizzes and assignments seemed appropriate for various levels of learners taking the course.

By Gregory R C

May 5, 2019

This is a wonderfully deep course and I would recommend all care team members should take this course.

By Juan D

Oct 30, 2020

An amazing and useful course for people who works with dementia patients and for family or caregivers

By fernando g u

Jun 26, 2018

Thank you very much. Very good course that helps in this arduous task of dementia and its care.