Back to Embedded Software and Hardware Architecture

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Embedded Software and Hardware Architecture by University of Colorado Boulder

Embedded Software and Hardware Architecture is a first dive into understanding embedded architectures and writing software to manipulate this hardware. You will gain experience writing low-level firmware to directly interface hardware with highly efficient, readable and portable design practices. We will now transition from the Host Linux Machine where we built and ran code in a simulated environment to an Integrated Development Environment where you will build and install code directly on your ARM Cortex-M4 Microcontroller. Course assignments include writing firmware to interact and configure both the underlying ARM architecture and the MSP432 microcontroller platform. The course concludes with a project where you will develop a circular buffer data structure. In this course you will need the Texas Instruments LaunchPad with the MSP432 microcontroller in order to complete the assignments. Later courses of the Specialization will continue to use this hardware tool to develop even more exciting firmware....

AA
Sep 9, 2019

Very Good course intermediate or even advance level for embedded systems programming. I highly recommend this course for who wants to learn writing good quality, maintainable and portable code

PU
Sep 7, 2020

This is a very wonderful course. The instruction was perfectly delivered, and I can see myself going places with what I have learned here so far.

76 - 82 of 82 Reviews for Embedded Software and Hardware Architecture

By Tatenda C

Jan 2, 2021

I was expecting that there would be more hands on assignments to use the MSP432 board, and actually do some programming. There are definitely some great embedded programming techniques shared and explained well, but it needs more practical application/exercises.

By Jose L C S

Oct 1, 2020

no es necesario el uso del microcontrolador, solo se realiza un breve ejemplo

By Thirisha

Jun 5, 2020

Good course but certificate is not issued

By Tamas C

Apr 17, 2021

The course material has little to do with embedded programming and more with simple, basic C programming.

But that is not why I am not giving more stars: whenever I was trying to answer the vaguely phrased questions, I had to guess what the teacher believed was the correct answer. Based on how you interpret the questions, some of the expected answers are plain wrong. And some I cannot even understand how could be possibly correct, no matter how I am trying to interpret the questions. All in all, it was a frustrating experience and I have learned next to nothing for £70 + the price of the board that I did not need to use even once during the course.

By Meryama N

Feb 15, 2021

Course has only slides videos and quizzes, instructor speaks very fast, like reading, doesn't repeat information or show how it's used in real life. there are no assignment, nothing challenging. I passed the course, but I don't feel like I learned anything.

By Juan P P d L E

Dec 15, 2020

Good for beginners to learn about C. The name of the course is misleading as you are never required to use the hardware it tell you to buy.

By Colin O

Mar 2, 2021

The TI launchpad was never used. This is more of a basic level C programming classes than Embedded Systems or Hardware Architecture. Very odd advertising.