Back to Getting Started With Application Development

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Getting Started With Application Development by Google Cloud

In this course, application developers learn how to design and develop cloud-native applications that seamlessly integrate managed services from the Google Cloud Platform. Through a combination of presentations, demos, and hands-on labs, participants learn how to apply best practices for application development and use the appropriate GCP storage services for object storage, relational data, caching, and analytics. Learners can choose to complete labs in their favorite language: Node.js, Java, or Python. Prerequisites and prework: • Completed Google Cloud Platform Fundamentals or have equivalent experience • Working knowledge of Node.js, Java, or Python • Basic proficiency with command-line tools and Linux operating system environments...

DB

Jun 02, 2019

t was a good free course. I only realised the second time round the labs are ungraded. So I plan on doing them outside Coursera on Qwiklabs itself so I can earn credits for my lab work.

SK

Dec 02, 2017

You can gain a certificate just by clicking through the tests that are aimed on imbecils. Now I understand where all those "Certified cloud specialists" are from.

1 - 25 of 191 Reviews for Getting Started With Application Development

By nosferatum

Jun 13, 2019

The course does not explain anything thoroughly. It jumps over the new terms. Speaking is mostly very fast. Very bad course, money waster :(

By Douglas B

Jun 02, 2019

By Siarhei K

Dec 02, 2017

By Nofar C

Dec 14, 2018

It is just too bad that it labs are only in node js

By Guido H

Jan 22, 2020

Instructors sounded like they read from autocues. Dull and tiresome. I have the impression that they never worked with the technology themselves. Also too much speaking and too little exercise / hands on coding. Unprofessional videos (why two different instructors in one video, badly edited together and sometimes overlap in their story?). And it's outdated: When I finished the course (January 2020) I got an email telling me that I could claim 30 Qwiklab credits that were valid until June 30, 2019. Wow, thanks!

By Sunil M

Dec 27, 2019

The speed of lecture can slow down a bit . It sounded like one presenter was reading from notes without much technical knowledge of what was being presented . It sounded more like reading loud than information sharing /and training

By Michal M

Mar 29, 2019

Labs are not marked as done.

By Piyush P

Sep 03, 2018

didn't include enough information. Labs were below expectations. Secondly, the course has limited instructions. It's more like promoting google product rather than training.

By Muhammad N

Nov 08, 2019

First of all I want to thank coursea for letting me join the course after approval of financial assistance, without what it would not have been possible to join for me. Regarding course! I really can not make it out how productive it could be practically, for the labs are designed with not much of a challenge. Though it highlights cloud resources to a great extent.

By Josh P

Feb 05, 2019

Really well done. I'd suggest a lab or two that is more open ended where you aren't necessarily trying to accomplish something specific but have directives to try things out with some explanation of what each of the commands does. A more detailed analysis of some of the set up scripts in the demos would be interesting too.

By Jose R G J

Dec 27, 2018

Concise yet very informative course. Courses should be this long to retain the participants attention thru out each lesson. Important details were discussed very nicely. The instructors knew very well which topics to emphasize on and which to em-passingly mention and leave to other / next discussions

By Rabindra K B

Nov 10, 2018

"Thank You Very Much for providing an overview knowledge on Application Development in Google Cloud Platform. It helps to understand the application development, its requirements and various available features."

By Tom M

Aug 09, 2019

Great course, I feel I know how to write apps using Google Cloud. I feel I understand all of the Storage options in depth, and enjoyed the overview of a good development practices at the start of the course.

By Xinyue Z

May 26, 2018

I am not user of Node.js, so that I could not go through lab very smoothly, however, they can help me understand datastore. My suggestion to Python, go even Java might be prefer to. But thanks.

By Killdary A d S

Feb 16, 2019

Excelente curso sobre os recursos do google cloud. Didática perfeita e laboratórios extremamente didáticos com exemplos em várias linguagens. estou ansioso para colocar meus projetos em nuvem.

By Thomas B

Mar 25, 2019

Re-hashed a decent amount of previous material -- for good reason. I liked that it provided practical experience working on a project within the GCP ecosystem.

By ravi g

Dec 26, 2019

A course with pretty much clarity of storage options with an overview of examples that brings closer to implementation. Impressive indeed. Thank you.

By Justin E

Jan 15, 2020

Some overlap with the core GCP intro class, but overall nice. I like that it gives you the option of 3 different languages to take the labs in.

By Hitesh A P

Aug 01, 2018

Good course and good insight about building Secured, Scalable application using different database, cloud storage option.

By Dan M

Dec 04, 2018

An excellent introduction to core knowledge required to build modern and scalable apps. Looking forward to applying this.

By siddharth u

Dec 20, 2019

Concise and good. would appreciate also a java based web app along with node.js for a sample web-app setup example.

By James H

Jan 15, 2019

Create coverage of all the storage services, with good introductions to the basics of GCS and Cloud Datastore

By NITIN K

Sep 16, 2019

it was very informative course in relation with google storage. Learnt many small technicalities of them

By Shreyas P

Apr 03, 2020

All contents are well structured. Great materials and hands-on practice with GCP. Thank you!

By James V

Jan 08, 2020

This was a good overview of the underlying features of app dev and data management in GCP.