Back to Getting Started with Essay Writing

Getting Started with Essay Writing, University of California, Irvine

About this Course

Course 2: Getting Started with Essay Writing This is the second course in the Academic English: Writing specialization. By introducing you to three types of academic essays, this course will especially help prepare you for work in college classes, but anyone who wants to improve his or her writing skills can benefit from this course. After completing this course, you will be able to: - create effective thesis statements for your essays - plan and write compare/contrast, cause/effect, and argument essays - write well-developed body paragraphs Note: The lectures and practice activities are available for free, but you must upgrade to the pay version in order to take the quizzes and get feedback on writing assignments....

By EB

Dec 05, 2015

I am only on the second week an have done my essay and feel very powerful. English is not my first language but the instructor made it easy for me by detailing every aspect of essay writing. Thank you

By MU

Feb 11, 2016

I always loved writing. What I didn't know, however, was that writing had some scientific structures that could make it very interesting. Take this course and know why. I took and was very successful.

386 Reviews

Nov 23, 2018

very practical!

By Xu

Nov 19, 2018

An interesting course. It is useful for me, a non-native speaker, to improve academic writing ability.

By Yousef Almohamad

Oct 15, 2018

Real amazing course.

By Elena Z

Sep 28, 2018

A great introdution for academic essay writing.