Back to Getting Started with Essay Writing

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Getting Started with Essay Writing by University of California, Irvine

Course 2: Getting Started with Essay Writing This is the second course in the Academic English: Writing specialization. By introducing you to three types of academic essays, this course will especially help prepare you for work in college classes, but anyone who wants to improve his or her writing skills can benefit from this course. After completing this course, you will be able to: - create effective thesis statements for your essays - plan and write compare/contrast, cause/effect, and argument essays - write well-developed body paragraphs Note: The lectures and practice activities are available for free, but you must upgrade to the pay version in order to take the quizzes and get feedback on writing assignments....

EB

Dec 05, 2015

I am only on the second week an have done my essay and feel very powerful. English is not my first language but the instructor made it easy for me by detailing every aspect of essay writing. Thank you

MU

Feb 11, 2016

I always loved writing. What I didn't know, however, was that writing had some scientific structures that could make it very interesting. Take this course and know why. I took and was very successful.

1 - 25 of 450 Reviews for Getting Started with Essay Writing

By Beatrice

Nov 17, 2015

Thank you for teaching me how to write basic essays. This has been one of my most important goals for years. I've tried several other ways of learning but your method worked for me. Thank you so much.

By Aram S

Oct 22, 2016

I liked the course very much. It extended my knowledge about essay writing a lot. Also, I got many useful feedback from peer-reviewed assignments. Thank you to the instructor and to the classmates.

By Bruna C

Mar 30, 2016

Course has great material and I do like how the teacher explains the topics. I wish course was fully free so I could have the chance to write my essays and get them reviewed.

By Julian B

May 25, 2019

Great

By Siyuan P

Jun 02, 2019

I love this course so much, for it is an introduction for a non-native English speaker to learn academic writing. I will definitely learn the entire specialization! Big thanks to the lecturers.

By Sheheryar K

May 27, 2019

Excellent short course. It covers the necessary things and is helpful overall.

By Monica S

Apr 09, 2016

Excellent and good sources.

By Xu

Nov 19, 2018

An interesting course. It is useful for me, a non-native speaker, to improve academic writing ability.

By Zafar I

Dec 13, 2018

very good course.

By Manisha J

Jan 28, 2019

good

By Самарин А К

Jan 03, 2019

Good course for essay writing

By Wagner W B

Feb 01, 2019

This course is very practical and useful.

By Syed J P

Feb 02, 2019

Very useful course to improve your skills in a very systematic and effective way.Strongly recommended for everyone who wants to improve their academic writing skills.

By Maya G

l

l

By Letian W

Jan 22, 2019

By learning this part, I realised how to structure an essay. I would highly recommend this session to my friends.

By Dasom K

Feb 08, 2019

I leaned about how to write Compare/Contrast

Cause/Effect

Argument Essays.

By Pratheek D

Feb 23, 2019

For a beginner to get an understanding on how to model your essay. The course delves into different ways on how to write an essay

By anjali G

Feb 26, 2019

I so wish to continue further. This course has helped me in my essay writing. Strangely, I have been in academia, but I have failed to understand the basics of essay writing until now. Thanks for having this course. It was extremely informative and helpful to me.

By Berenice R A

Mar 07, 2019

This course really gave skills for essay writing. It makes writing much more easy!

By Ibrahim a

Mar 11, 2019

I'm really thankful to all the instructors who gave and shared their effort and background.

By Marwa R A

Mar 19, 2019

Thanks, coursera community! This course is very rich, useful and it is a great help to me.

By Akhtar A