Back to Getting Started with Essay Writing

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Getting Started with Essay Writing by University of California, Irvine

Course 2: Getting Started with Essay Writing This is the second course in the Academic English: Writing specialization. By introducing you to three types of academic essays, this course will especially help prepare you for work in college classes, but anyone who wants to improve his or her writing skills can benefit from this course. After completing this course, you will be able to: - create effective thesis statements for your essays - plan and write compare/contrast, cause/effect, and argument essays - write well-developed body paragraphs Note: The lectures and practice activities are available for free, but you must upgrade to the pay version in order to take the quizzes and get feedback on writing assignments....

B

Nov 17, 2015

Thank you for teaching me how to write basic essays. This has been one of my most important goals for years. I've tried several other ways of learning but your method worked for me. Thank you so much.

MU

Feb 11, 2016

I always loved writing. What I didn't know, however, was that writing had some scientific structures that could make it very interesting. Take this course and know why. I took and was very successful.

1 - 25 of 432 Reviews for Getting Started with Essay Writing

By Julian B

May 25, 2019

Great

By Siyuan P

Jun 02, 2019

I love this course so much, for it is an introduction for a non-native English speaker to learn academic writing. I will definitely learn the entire specialization! Big thanks to the lecturers.

By Sheheryar K

May 27, 2019

Excellent short course. It covers the necessary things and is helpful overall.

By Aram S

Oct 22, 2016

I liked the course very much. It extended my knowledge about essay writing a lot. Also, I got many useful feedback from peer-reviewed assignments. Thank you to the instructor and to the classmates.

By Bruna C

Mar 30, 2016

Course has great material and I do like how the teacher explains the topics. I wish course was fully free so I could have the chance to write my essays and get them reviewed.

By Monica S

Apr 09, 2016

Excellent and good sources.

By Shihao L

Jan 14, 2019

Great

By Самарин А К

Jan 03, 2019

Good course for essay writing

By Letian W

Jan 22, 2019

By learning this part, I realised how to structure an essay. I would highly recommend this session to my friends.

By Pratheek D

Feb 23, 2019

For a beginner to get an understanding on how to model your essay. The course delves into different ways on how to write an essay

By Ana R

Mar 24, 2019

Easy to follow; nicely formatted.

By Marwa R A

Mar 19, 2019

Thanks, coursera community! This course is very rich, useful and it is a great help to me.

By Manisha J

Jan 28, 2019

good

By Dasom K

Feb 08, 2019

I leaned about how to write Compare/Contrast

Cause/Effect

Argument Essays.

By Wagner W B

Feb 01, 2019

This course is very practical and useful.

By Syed J P

Feb 02, 2019

Very useful course to improve your skills in a very systematic and effective way.Strongly recommended for everyone who wants to improve their academic writing skills.

By Gustavo P

Apr 02, 2019

Very good course. Really helpful.

By 姚娇娇

Apr 03, 2019

I have studied a lot,thanks for everyone

By Wusherry

Apr 11, 2019

It is a nice course for new learners~!

By amjad a

Apr 12, 2019

Splendid course in order to familiar with writings. Those who are interested in writings must take this course.