Back to Getting Started with Essay Writing

Getting Started with Essay Writing, University of California, Irvine

About this Course

Course 2: Getting Started with Essay Writing This is the second course in the Academic English: Writing specialization. By introducing you to three types of academic essays, this course will especially help prepare you for work in college classes, but anyone who wants to improve his or her writing skills can benefit from this course. After completing this course, you will be able to: - create effective thesis statements for your essays - plan and write compare/contrast, cause/effect, and argument essays - write well-developed body paragraphs Note: The lectures and practice activities are available for free, but you must upgrade to the pay version in order to take the quizzes and get feedback on writing assignments....

By MU

Feb 11, 2016

I always loved writing. What I didn't know, however, was that writing had some scientific structures that could make it very interesting. Take this course and know why. I took and was very successful.

By EB

Dec 05, 2015

I am only on the second week an have done my essay and feel very powerful. English is not my first language but the instructor made it easy for me by detailing every aspect of essay writing. Thank you

396 Reviews

By Dasom Kang

Feb 08, 2019

I leaned about how to write Compare/Contrast

Cause/Effect

Argument Essays.

By Syed Javeed Pasha

Feb 02, 2019

Very useful course to improve your skills in a very systematic and effective way.Strongly recommended for everyone who wants to improve their academic writing skills.

By Wagner Wilson Bortoletto

Feb 01, 2019

This course is very practical and useful.

By Manisha Jaishi

Jan 28, 2019

good

By Letian Wang

Jan 22, 2019

By learning this part, I realised how to structure an essay. I would highly recommend this session to my friends.

By KASPER AUNG

l

l

By Самарин Антон Константинович

Jan 03, 2019

Good course for essay writing

By Akhtar Ali