Back to Learn to Program: The Fundamentals

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Learn to Program: The Fundamentals by University of Toronto

Behind every mouse click and touch-screen tap, there is a computer program that makes things happen. This course introduces the fundamental building blocks of programming and teaches you how to write fun and useful programs using the Python language....

HA

Aug 18, 2019

Great for a fundamental course. I have to admit that I had learnt python a few years back and was using this as a practice and revision course. But I learnt a lot more which I can add to my knowledge.

CV

Nov 17, 2017

This is a introductory course i would recommend. I especially liked that the instructors took the time to go through the python visualizer and try to unveil some of the background workings in python.

276 - 300 of 1,316 Reviews for Learn to Program: The Fundamentals

By Francesca D M

Mar 31, 2020

It's a perfect course if you have no knowledge of Python. If you do have some knowledge, I think you might be interested in something more advanced. Great step to start! I enjoyed it

By Zi J C

Apr 16, 2019

The bite-sized videos make the contents easy to digest. The mini-quizzes in the videos, the quizzes at the end of the week, and coding assignments help us to gauge our understanding.

By Marshall T

One fo the coruses that lets you see how to use IDLE. Its better than datacamp because the quizzes really force you think about the logic rather than just copy pasty code verbatim

By Thomas L

Sep 28, 2018

A very nice course. It is not that easy as I thought at the beginning. Everybody who wants to learn programming and to learn python (a realy nice language) should take this course.

By Muhammad A F

Jan 20, 2020

Truly recommended for beginners. The course's pace is just right, and the material is no to deep but still makes you think like a programmer. Really motivated for the next course.

By Martin G

Jun 05, 2018

This is a perfect course for me as I am just getting back into programming after a 1 year break. Very intuitive and simple to use, and easy to understand. Thank you and great job!

By Rishabh M

Jul 20, 2020

I had a bit of programming experience but not in Python. This course is ideal for anyone who wants to learn the basics of programming/ basics in Python. Kudos to the instructors!

By MacMike

Apr 24, 2020

A well-designed course with testing tests and gentle presentation that covers a broad introduction to Python. Now on to Paul and Jennifer's next course - Crafting Quality Code...

By Ray G

Mar 03, 2019

Really good Python course! Good lectures and references. Autograding enforces learning; ensures learning the concepts as well as the details needed to be efficient with Python.

By Alex B

Jun 29, 2020

I had no background in Python prior to this course. The instructors and mentors really help guide your growth and completing this course gave me a great sense of accomplishment.

By João F d A J

Dec 19, 2019

It's pretty good,I am not so good in english. i like it very much because i did know about docstrinc of functions and "python functional",is very easy to learn with this course.

By anu g

Jul 03, 2019

super good to follow and lots of nicely tricky questions. would love more programming assignments though. i thought it would lead up to one that we would do mostly on our own!

By Michael O O

Aug 21, 2018

This is the best programming lecture I have taken so far. I trusted the competence (ability to simplify the concepts) of the lecturers and that kept me to the end of the course.

By Tan W C

Apr 05, 2020

This is a very good course with very hands on approach that teaches basic Python. And also the quiz is challenging your understanding and often i learned more from it. Thanks!

By Omeri R

Oct 04, 2019

The teachers are great and the workflow is fast, you get hands-on right away and the forum provides answers really fast! I think it's a great start for people to learn Python.

By Can Ü

Aug 20, 2018

Great course with very engaging material. I had no prior experience with Python, this course made it possible for me to start writing some basic code. Very highly recommended!

By Marc G

Jul 25, 2018

Really designed couse. Makes it the somewhat abstract and at times intimidating material very approachable. Look forward to the next in the series: L2P: Crafting Quality Code

By Michael D

Apr 27, 2017

This was an excellent course. So well designed, and really carefully planned. Great professors. The assignments and the exams really help with developing knowledge. Thank you!

By Sanjana B

Jun 06, 2020

This is my first course on coursera. I loved this course. This is the best I could start programming in Python. The assignments were good and helped in the learning process.

By Alison

Aug 05, 2019

The course is friendly to new programmers, and its great design of videos and quizzes helps the learner to fully understand what each piece of code means and how it results.

By Viesturs A

Feb 22, 2019

The information from teachers comes in very concentrate form. Excellent introduction course. Loved parts where explained whats happening behind curtains when code executed.

By Martin B

Sep 24, 2018

Really enjoyable course with a great balance of challenging and achievable for beginners. I highly recommend this course as a good place to start learning about programming.

By Ikseon K

Feb 01, 2018

This is very helpful for beginner who just started learning Python. The lecture and homework are very simple and concise. Really appreciate it all for your devotion. Thanks!

By Jess H

Oct 23, 2017

Great course. For a none programmer the difficulty level was perfect hard enough to be challenging but easy enough that you were continuously progressing through the course.