Back to Machine Learning with Python

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Machine Learning with Python by IBM

This course dives into the basics of machine learning using an approachable, and well-known programming language, Python. In this course, we will be reviewing two main components: First, you will be learning about the purpose of Machine Learning and where it applies to the real world. Second, you will get a general overview of Machine Learning topics such as supervised vs unsupervised learning, model evaluation, and Machine Learning algorithms. In this course, you practice with real-life examples of Machine learning and see how it affects society in ways you may not have guessed! By just putting in a few hours a week for the next few weeks, this is what you’ll get. 1) New skills to add to your resume, such as regression, classification, clustering, sci-kit learn and SciPy 2) New projects that you can add to your portfolio, including cancer detection, predicting economic trends, predicting customer churn, recommendation engines, and many more. 3) And a certificate in machine learning to prove your competency, and share it anywhere you like online or offline, such as LinkedIn profiles and social media. If you choose to take this course and earn the Coursera course certificate, you will also earn an IBM digital badge upon successful completion of the course....

RC
Feb 6, 2019

The course was highly informative and very well presented. It was very easier to follow. Many complicated concepts were clearly explained. It improved my confidence with respect to programming skills.

FO
Oct 8, 2020

I'm extremely excited with what I have learnt so far. As a newbie in Machine Learning, the exposure gained will serve as the much needed foundation to delve into its application to real life problems.

101 - 125 of 1,860 Reviews for Machine Learning with Python

By Riccardo C

Apr 3, 2021

Course was great, however I think that when you deal with certain topics peer to peer review is not the best method for evaluation, or at least it should be kinda different from previous courses. In my opinion many students misunderstood some parts of the final assignment, so how are they suppose to review other's work? I saw I wasn't the only one noticing and having trouble with that.

By Kolitha W

Jan 3, 2021

Absolutely knowledgeable and interesting course with a plethora of insights and plenty of hands-on lab sessions to digest what you learn. I take this moment to thank all the resource collaborators and appreciate the immense effort they all have put into this course to keep it updated and attractive. I wish they could keep this up to help thousands of individuals to groom individually.

By William B L

Mar 27, 2019

This course gives a good introduction (theory and applied) to a variety of machine learning methodologies. The presentations are well thought-out. The labs are great. I learned an enormous amount from doing the hands-on work in Watson Studio/Jupyter notebook.

This would be a bit much for a beginner in Python, but with a modest understanding of the language, this offers a lot!

By Christian C

May 4, 2020

Excelente curso. Los contenidos se presentan de forma facil y comprensible. Hay un gran dominio por parte del instructor y ademas, los contenidos son cubiertos con suficiente profundidad.

Excellent course. The contents are presented in an easy and understandable way. There is great mastery on the part of the instructor and also, the contents are covered in sufficient depth.

By Timur U

Mar 27, 2020

I really enjoyed this well-organized and professional course. I would like to show my appreciation to the manager of this course, especially for a video presentation for each module. The technique to have Query and then Solution is the outstanding feature and helped me to cover all course materials and implement the Assignment tasks on a high level. Thank you so much.

By Juan R

Sep 9, 2019

This Course is awesome to learn the theory and practice of some Machine Learning Metods.

By the end I feel like I can tackle my own datasets and analyze them with various methods seeking the optimal one.

The only thing that could be better is if the course could go a bit deeper into the optimization algorithms (like gradient descent) even if it's a bit mathy.

By Wagner M

Nov 4, 2019

[PT-br] Um dos melhores cursos onde se alinha teoria com a prática na área. Conteúdo bem completo, passando pelas diversas técnicas de ML, com vídeos muito bem explicados e conteúdos práticos que demonstram como aplicar cada técnica. Além disso, as provas são bem desafiadoras e o projeto final é bem completo, o que aumenta o valor do certificado ao final.

By Arindam G

Dec 20, 2018

No Doubt COURSERA is always best AND MNC like IBM,Google courses associated with coursera are MIND-BLOWING.

The Instructors are so great at Explanation Part that hardly anyone won't Understand All the Topics

I would love to thank all the INSTRUCTORS who created such a Awesome Content for us.

My Personal Ratings For All the Instructors: 100 / 100

By PRINCE G

Mar 26, 2020

The course was amazing to get started with machine learning. You are going to learn about some amazing machine leaning algorithms and for the capstone project you have to use them to find best accuracy for a dataset. Peer reviewed assignments are really good as they help every student to know different techniques each person use and can learn from them.

By Lior B

Aug 28, 2019

Great introductory course. Clear explanations and good homework to get your hands dirty and see results of algorithms.

A rather minimal mathematical understanding is assumed by the course so begginers would not be overwhelmed.

Keep in mind this course will not make you an expert or teach you how to write some of the more advanced algorithms by yourself.

By Robinson P P

Apr 30, 2020

Excellent Course. Course cover.

1) Regression

2) Classification- Algorithm :KNN , Decision Tree , SVM , Logistic Regression etc.,

3) Clustering- K-Means , Hierarchical ,Agglomerative ,DBSCAN

4) Recommender System - Content-Based and Collaborative Filtering

5) sci-kit learn and SciPy details with Practical labs on Jupyter Notebook on IBM Watson Platform

By Akbar B

Apr 20, 2020

This is by far the best course on ML. I have explored many online courses. However, this one is the simplest and most effective. Instructor (Mr. Saeed) has explained the concepts with practical examples. His way of explaining things is very simple and to the point. I enjoyed each and every section of the course. Looking forward to his next course.

By Vijayanandhan

Jul 5, 2019

The Video content is very clear and simple to understand the concepts and lab is very good. The IBM Trainer

SAEED AGHABOZORGI

did a great job in this course. Got hand on experience on Machine learning. Final Project is helpful to apply all the concepts I learned throughout the course. Glad to get this certification from Coursera and IBM.

By Rakshith K H K

Dec 27, 2019

under well designed syllabus , became easy to learn and solve real world examples,which keeps motivated through out the learning process . The fascinating about this platform is the ease for access to quality resources or otherwise it is difficult. The end of course meant to me s skill for solution to many issues irrespective of field.

By Azam D D

May 28, 2019

This is an excellent course for a quick review of what you know about Machine Learning.

I think you should mostly know about the basics of programming in python and also Machine Learning, but this course gives you a great quick review and also is an excellent example of python machine learning tools.

I strongly recommend this course.

By Luca A

Jun 5, 2019

A nice and quick overview of how the main machine learning methods work and how to apply them by means of the python library Scikit Learn. It does not dive too much into the details, but explains the main ideas clearly and provides you with the main python routines to use ML on real data.

Recommended if you are new to the field!

By NASIR A

Feb 27, 2019

This course is one of the best course i have taken on coursera, it not only treats you as a beginner but also provides the detail technical details so that one can learn more on his on. The lectures are clear and quiz are tough, Labs give a thorough overview of each topic. I would like to thank you the instructor for his effort.

By Pola A N J

May 13, 2020

One of the best courses in this certification.

The best part of the course is the labs.. very well structured.

In this certification so far, the machine learning with Python (course 8) and visualization with python courses (course 7) are the best

The assignments are good and there is very little 'spoon-feeding' so its more fun.

By Elijah

Jun 3, 2021

This course is truly GREAT. I had never dreamed of being to understand what it means to do machine learning as I do not come from a computer science background. In my part of the world, even graduates have so great a problem with technology and I am just so happy to have my hands on this course. The lessons are invaluable.

By Siva s

Jun 3, 2021

I have found this course very helpful - in terms of the concepts explained in the video for the different machine learning algorithms.

IBM Watson studio is very useful tool introduced through this course.

The assignment notebooks had guided instructions - on how to apply the learnt coding techniques and various ML models.

By Michael K

Sep 16, 2020

The Machine Learning course was made practical with hidden mathematics and applied to solve real world research problems. The instructor merged the theories with labs to simplify difficult part of Machine Learning. I recommend this course for any one interested in using predictive modelling to solve research questions.

By kalidindi s v

Apr 4, 2020

Before joining this course I thought ML is so tough. But after this course I got a overview of some of the concepts of ML and not only overview, they also provided the lab sessions for every concept they teach. I suggest the beginners to join this because they get the complete overview of Machine learning. Thankyou..

By Rafael A C

Jun 24, 2020

Presentations are very well designed. I have teaching experience and I can tell you that my style is great for illustrative purposes.

I learned to conceptually understand the mechanism and purpose of the models presented in Machine Learning. I feel like I can do things that were unthinkable for me before. Thanks IBM!

By Abhijit S

Mar 9, 2020

This introductory course is really very good to understand the basics as well as methods to perform activity. Would recommend highly to anyone wish to learn ML in Python. The explanation, bit of maths and code were flawless and explained well in video as well as in code (most of code is explained in sample notepad).