Back to Machine Learning with Python

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Machine Learning with Python by IBM

This course dives into the basics of machine learning using an approachable, and well-known programming language, Python. In this course, we will be reviewing two main components: First, you will be learning about the purpose of Machine Learning and where it applies to the real world. Second, you will get a general overview of Machine Learning topics such as supervised vs unsupervised learning, model evaluation, and Machine Learning algorithms. In this course, you practice with real-life examples of Machine learning and see how it affects society in ways you may not have guessed! By just putting in a few hours a week for the next few weeks, this is what you’ll get. 1) New skills to add to your resume, such as regression, classification, clustering, sci-kit learn and SciPy 2) New projects that you can add to your portfolio, including cancer detection, predicting economic trends, predicting customer churn, recommendation engines, and many more. 3) And a certificate in machine learning to prove your competency, and share it anywhere you like online or offline, such as LinkedIn profiles and social media. If you choose to take this course and earn the Coursera course certificate, you will also earn an IBM digital badge upon successful completion of the course....

RC
Feb 6, 2019

The course was highly informative and very well presented. It was very easier to follow. Many complicated concepts were clearly explained. It improved my confidence with respect to programming skills.

FO
Oct 8, 2020

I'm extremely excited with what I have learnt so far. As a newbie in Machine Learning, the exposure gained will serve as the much needed foundation to delve into its application to real life problems.

1826 - 1850 of 1,852 Reviews for Machine Learning with Python

By Enock

Jun 10, 2020

Maybe Good for some people but this course was proper useless for me, you must know python to take it otherwise you will struggle , because it doesn't show you any coding. its based on theory you watch videos that are 100% focused on mathematics...... at the end there is a peers graded assignments where other students grade your work and that can be a headache. i was abou to give two stars but because it gave me a headache from the start it deserves one star.

By Jayne J P

May 7, 2021

Like others, I need a solution for the localhost error in the final project other than "download and install other tools." I cannot change the configuration of the machine I am using. I cannot be alone in this as many employers, and public systems do not allow users to install products,

Is there something wrong with my code or is it (as I suspect) in the lab environment? Please take this issue seriously and fix the issues,

By wolfgang g

Jun 3, 2020

It has been locked for me telling that I have to wait until 22 July ( 7 weeks !!) until I can continue . What the hack !! I had to pause for a month but it was clearly stated that one can proceed after a pause at any time. No possibility to get the deadlines reset is given either and on top of it the the help center is not reachable by email so that I could resolve the issue. Very, very frustrating !!!

By Charlie J B

Finished the course, now have to wait 6 weeks to receive a certificate anyway.

This course makes you use their awful third party application, which was a massive pain to setup due to errors on the IBM website.

The content is lackluster and barely talks about the important details of the algorithms used. The coding portions are essentially copy-paste and you feel like you learn nothing.

By James P

Mar 17, 2021

The course final to use multiple methods to predict loan payoff. No matter what model used, predicting 100% loan payout was more accurate. If the point of the project was to "show how you can't machine learning everything", I would say it succeeded there, but not a very good way to kick start a better understanding of ML applications.

By Justin L

May 10, 2021

I hated that all the instruction was all math and none of it python. The instructor was completely uninspiring. You really should have instructors with some level of charisma. The course was littered with technical errors. This is the worst MOOC I've ever taken. It is a crime that people actually have to pay for this.

By Zach S

May 11, 2021

Absolute waste of time. Content is outdated, and clearly not properly maintained. Final projects are based on data that is littered with errors, to include errors in the code written by IBM as an example to the student. I literally can't submit the final project because of an error in the instructors code.

By Richard S

Feb 13, 2021

Simply the second worst course I took on coursera (the first on is the upcoming one in this porf certificate course, where the guy records the videos in his car with his potato cellphone).

No clear explanation, one bored instructor shows ppt pages with little to no explanation of math equations.

By oguz o

Nov 1, 2019

very poor quality. limited information and explanation. The staff makes us feel like they are not confident enough to answer questions. The only reason for going on is that I already invested a lot of money and time. definitely not recommended. It should be improved.

By Soham T

Jun 30, 2019

Kindly don't waste your money in this professional certificate. It's of no use. You can get much better courses for just 12.99 on Udemy or you can do other specialization from U of Michigan or JHU. It is total waste of time and money

By Parth M

Nov 23, 2019

Before taking this course I suggest you clear some basics of Machine Learninig (like Machine Learning by Andrew Ng) to understand, this is a very shallow introductory course. This couse can help with learning libraries like sklearn.

By Alban A R M

Apr 15, 2020

No me permite realizar ni los laboratorios ni los exámenes, hasta dentro de un mes. No entiendo porque bloquean las actividades de un curso por el que estas pagando una mensualidad

By Victor S

Mar 14, 2020

This review is out of this course scope.

I heard it like 1000 times in this course

at least give us details where we can learn all of those out of the course scope information.

By ANKUSH T

Jan 15, 2021

this course does not meet your goal you have to learn coding only in the written format nowhere in this course teach us to do programing of machine learning except lab

By Aishik M

Mar 31, 2020

Could not access the labs throughout the course, any query related to this issue posted on the discussion forum was completely ignored by the staff.

By Amulya M

Sep 23, 2020

The concepts are explained well but the coding explanation is zero which makes it very difficult to understand and implement the code

By Jen E

Aug 28, 2019

This module was so complicated - especially the final project - and there was no feedback to help you get it right. Very frustrating.

By Kyle W

Jan 25, 2020

Out of reach for individuals wanting to do just data analysis. Too much for beginner course.

By Abhijeet M

Jul 22, 2020

The problem facing after missing the deadline for peer-graded assignments.

By Ramchander M

Dec 24, 2020

This is very fundamental, they just have definition, not eloborated.

By Utkarsh S

Jul 26, 2020

Poorly structured with insufficient explanation of key concepts.

By Camillo G

Nov 10, 2019

Course content is good but the grading of the final work is bad

By Brevil J D

May 29, 2019

I am not getting my Certificate of course completion .

By Wei K

A Machine Learning course without neural network.

By Daniel L

Jul 22, 2019

Didn't like it, could have been much better