Back to Understanding Plants - Part II: Fundamentals of Plant Biology

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Understanding Plants - Part II: Fundamentals of Plant Biology by Tel Aviv University

This class is aimed at people interested in understanding the basic science of plant biology. In this four lecture series, we'll first learn about the structure-function of plants and of plant cells. Then we'll try to understand how plants grow and develop, making such complex structures as flowers. Once we know how plants grow and develop, we'll then delve into understanding photosynthesis - how plants take carbon dioxide from the air and water from soil, and turn this into oxygen for us to breathe and sugars for us to eat. In the last lecture we'll learn about the fascinating, important and controversial science behind genetic engineering in agriculture. If you haven't taken it already, you may also be interested in my other course - What A Plant Knows, which examines how plants see, smell, hear and feel their environment: https://www.coursera.org/learn/plantknows. In order to receive academic credit for this course you must successfully pass the academic exam on campus. For information on how to register for the academic exam – https://tauonline.tau.ac.il/registration Additionally, you can apply to certain degrees using the grades you received on the courses. Read more on this here – https://go.tau.ac.il/b.a/mooc-acceptance Teachers interested in teaching this course in their class rooms are invited to explore our Academic High school program here – https://tauonline.tau.ac.il/online-highschool...

AP
Nov 4, 2017

That was a pleasure to have such a passionate and interested in biology lecturer. I found course useful and interesting. Thank you dr. Chamovitz for let me being your student for last several weeks.

JL
Aug 27, 2017

The course does very good job for providing the planned content. However if you have already studied the field and want to have more deep understanding like I do, you need to look for other courses.

101 - 125 of 200 Reviews for Understanding Plants - Part II: Fundamentals of Plant Biology

By sheroukgomaa

Apr 7, 2020

It was very useful and I understand ever lecture thanks alot

By Sire

Jan 28, 2020

the best fundamental course on plant biology on the internet.

By Violeta C

May 9, 2018

Great course! Professor Chamovitz's enthusiasm is contagious

By Cassie B

Mar 16, 2020

Professor Chamovitz is fantastic, this course is amazing.

By Felipe D

Jan 17, 2018

Brilliant! the contents are well designed and explained.

By Arthur L L d S

Sep 7, 2020

I truly recomend this course if you love plant biology.

By VIJAYINI M

May 14, 2020

Good course. Educative , enlightening and interesting.

By James H

Jan 17, 2018

great follow-up to part II (wish he did more classes!)

By Ángel D F

Jul 25, 2017

Fantastic course. I have learnt a lot of about plants.

By José R R L

Mar 27, 2017

Ótimo curso amei, explica de maneira fácil e objetiva

By Paul C H

Jun 25, 2017

A really interesting and very well presented course.

By Neha K N

Aug 13, 2020

The classes were well defined and easily graspable.

By Tania R

Jun 5, 2020

A really interesting introduction to plant biology.

By YASHAS V 1

Jan 26, 2020

About genetic engineering and plant identification

By John R N L

Aug 18, 2020

Thank you for the knowledge that you have shared.

By Elisha w w

This has been a wonderful journey. One of my best

By Wang L

Jul 5, 2019

It inspires me to dig the plan biology furtherly.

By Royston M

Aug 2, 2020

The Course was good and systematically presented

By Matthias W

Jan 4, 2017

Interesting & very good build-up of information.

Mar 6, 2017

I got full score in the week1, 3 and 4 quizzes!

By Michelle L

May 1, 2020

Really concise and clear content. Great couse.

By AISWARYA.V.A

Aug 2, 2020

Good course,& interested topic.,.

By Luis D

Mar 8, 2020

Mind blowing, already expecting Part III.

By Muhammad D T

Jul 22, 2020

superp! This course is full of knowledge

By luis r o c

Feb 21, 2018

For all that are found of plants biology