Back to Using Python to Interact with the Operating System

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Using Python to Interact with the Operating System by Google

By the end of this course, you’ll be able to manipulate files and processes on your computer’s operating system. You’ll also have learned about regular expressions -- a very powerful tool for processing text files -- and you’ll get practice using the Linux command line on a virtual machine. And, this might feel like a stretch right now, but you’ll also write a program that processes a bunch of errors in an actual log file and then generates a summary file. That’s a super useful skill for IT Specialists to know. We’ll kick off by exploring how to execute Python locally, and organize and use code across different Python files. We'll then learn how to read and write different types of files, and use subprocesses and input streams. We'll also dive into Bash scripting and regular expressions -- both very powerful tools for anyone working with systems. We'll even touch on automatic testing, which allow us to automate how we check if our code is correct. To finish, we’ll put all this together by using the tools that we’ve acquired to process data and generate automatic reports. We’ll also explain how to set up your own developer environment in your machine. This is a key step in being able to write and deploy powerful automation tools....

MI
Nov 19, 2020

Great course! I had some previous knowledge, but this was perfect to fill in the gaps. Also, unit testing was completely new to me and will be very useful in future projects. Thanks for making this!

AD
Jun 15, 2020

In starting five weeks , all answers were directly provided and week 6 and 7 were very tough. So i suggest to equalize the toughness level in all weeks ,ie, no direct spoon feed nor abrupt toughness

101 - 125 of 853 Reviews for Using Python to Interact with the Operating System

By Johnnie L

Sep 17, 2020

the final project is fun, especially it's not guiding us to use selected data structure which allows us to make more mistakes in the process (and thus learn more when you spot the issue)

By Muhammad I M C

Mar 1, 2021

the course is great, the material is great, the instructor is great, I love Roger because he teaches me in a very light way to deliver the content, plus I love his joke, thanks, Roger!

By Rinat I

Oct 9, 2020

Generally good course, but comparing to the Crash course on Python reading materials were simply links to Python docs till the very end. Nonetheless, I learned so much here. Thank you!

By Kevin S

Mar 13, 2021

It is hard writing code in command line. But good exposure and worth it! Although not applicable to my current work but it really open my eyes to what can be done with python and bash

By Jason S

Mar 31, 2020

I liked it. Good enjoyable content that was challenging. I was able to follow along by using the Linux subsystem on my Windows computer. I definitely learned a lot of new concepts!

By Pencea M L

Nov 8, 2020

It was a very challenging course. First it explained the fundamental notions and than make you face with some real world problems, so the experience was quite unique and complete.

By Krzysztof S

Sep 9, 2020

Great course. Good idea to include bash and basic linux commands. Learned a lot about regex and working with files as well as with data structures. Very hard the final assignment.

By Kodukula S

Oct 30, 2020

It was a really great experience learning this course. I learnt regular expressions. I learnt a lot; it was beneficial what I went through in the final project of this course.

By Schuyler S

Mar 18, 2021

This was very informative. I feel like I have a great understanding of how to do anything on an operating system with python now. The qwiklabs were challenging but worth it.

By Thanh S T

Feb 28, 2020

This section is great! Learn a lot of knowledge about Linux and Python. The final project was difficult but I like it. I can apply it for my daily life. Thank you very much!

By Joe B

Jul 30, 2020

Another excellent course in the Google IT certification with Python. Really remarkable how great this program is. I am speaking highly of it to everyone I know of interest.

By Federico C

Mar 4, 2020

Un curso muy bien preparado para iniciarse en los conceptos de expresiones regulares y comandos del sistema operativo (sobre todo para manejar archivos en Python). Genial!

By Subtain M

Jul 12, 2020

I think this the course that can help you upgrade your knowledge in python and how shells work. Overall a great experience as it includes the hands-on practical work.

By Canaan F

Apr 6, 2020

Some frustrating setbacks, but I guess they're preparing you for the job? Overall good content, and feeling much more confident after finishing the final assignment.

By Sami S

Mar 28, 2020

Code, Reg Exp , Bash scripting, Advising to use Linux,good Instructor, hand on learn by doing things ( should there be more in the quizzes thou).

I TOTALLY RECOMMEND

By mack s

Apr 1, 2020

This is an excellent course I leant a lot in just a few hours. Now I can comfortably use Python on both Windows and Linux. I was fun leaning bash scripting as well.

By Gabriel M

Apr 13, 2020

This was a marvelous course, well designed and most importantly using real world examples that will get your attention throughout the whole course. Recommended!!

By Guillermo R

Nov 14, 2020

Muy buen curso lo recomiendo mucho, el ingles usado es muy sencillo. Lleva mucho esfuerzo programar en python con linux es bastante trabajoso, pero vale la pena

By Syed A H

Nov 14, 2020

This Course Really teaches you a lot !

about Python and Bash and things you did not know these could do .The course works for the Less Time Learn Fast Scenario!

By Vijai K S

Sep 12, 2020

Amazing course. Eventhough its a beginner course, assignments are amazing enough to test you on every aspect of the course. A must do for anyone starting out.

By Jitesh S

May 7, 2020

This course some of the much-needed tools and techniques that should be in the toolbox of everyone who is in the field of writing and developing software.

By Larry M

Mar 29, 2020

I believe that this course definitely contributes to a person being able to offer value to any size IT organization or their own personal computing needs.

By Anubhav

Jul 25, 2020

great course with lots of detailed knowledge, just enough to set you on the path from where you can think of different strategies to attack your problem.

By Antonio M M

Dec 27, 2020

This course is very complex and has several kind of topics, it's really fun and challenging. Take for sure that you will learn something completely new.

By Co N

Apr 21, 2020

Super informative and the course provides a guideline to tackle an issue. It really pushes me to learn more than I expected. Thanks a lot for the course