Back to Using Python to Interact with the Operating System

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Using Python to Interact with the Operating System by Google

By the end of this course, you’ll be able to manipulate files and processes on your computer’s operating system. You’ll also have learned about regular expressions -- a very powerful tool for processing text files -- and you’ll get practice using the Linux command line on a virtual machine. And, this might feel like a stretch right now, but you’ll also write a program that processes a bunch of errors in an actual log file and then generates a summary file. That’s a super useful skill for IT Specialists to know. We’ll kick off by exploring how to execute Python locally, and organize and use code across different Python files. We'll then learn how to read and write different types of files, and use subprocesses and input streams. We'll also dive into Bash scripting and regular expressions -- both very powerful tools for anyone working with systems. We'll even touch on automatic testing, which allow us to automate how we check if our code is correct. To finish, we’ll put all this together by using the tools that we’ve acquired to process data and generate automatic reports. We’ll also explain how to set up your own developer environment in your machine. This is a key step in being able to write and deploy powerful automation tools....

MI
Nov 19, 2020

Great course! I had some previous knowledge, but this was perfect to fill in the gaps. Also, unit testing was completely new to me and will be very useful in future projects. Thanks for making this!

AD
Jun 15, 2020

In starting five weeks , all answers were directly provided and week 6 and 7 were very tough. So i suggest to equalize the toughness level in all weeks ,ie, no direct spoon feed nor abrupt toughness

151 - 175 of 853 Reviews for Using Python to Interact with the Operating System

By mcvean s

Jul 1, 2020

The instructor portrays even the complex of topics quite exquisitely! A really good course to refine your programming skills in Python.

By Javit A

Apr 19, 2020

Amazing Course, Roger is a fantastic instructor, I really enjoyed it a lot and I see a lot of opportunities ahead to use my new skills

By Sergio H G

Jan 22, 2021

python is a must-have in your tools belt. This course have interesting labs and interesting concepts. I totally recommend this course

By Eduardo G

Jan 13, 2021

Ha sido genial! Se aprende a usar un moton de herramientas con las que dominar ciertos procesos en los servidores.

Fue un placer!!!!!!

By Ala V D S P

May 2, 2020

Very useful course to learn about commands for linux operating system, regular expressions,bash, file handling etc. Loved it so much.

By Tay K C

Apr 28, 2021

Well organised especially the assignments where we are guided through step by step. Saves lots of time and made it easier to learn.

By Ashutosh M

Apr 8, 2020

This was a great course, the content was absolutely right on. Thank you for making this course. I recommend this course to everyone.

By CARLOS L

Apr 11, 2021

Excelente curso!!. En verdad parece complejo. Solamente es la falta de hábitos de investigacióny bueno.. practicar. Gracias Google.

By Akshay S

Oct 12, 2020

I really enjoyed the course, Nerdy jokes were not too bad. Lots of information covered. Done a lot of programming. You'll love it.

By Maximilano G O B

Apr 4, 2020

A great way to mix unix bash concepts with python, I could see the potential, now I just have to keep using it and exploring it.

By Roy S

Sep 22, 2020

I learned a lot even though I have been coding in python for a while. Lots of hidden gems and Roger is an excellent instructor.

By Cristian A L V

May 6, 2020

Excellent course, exceeded my expectations, provides many tools to explore but a lot of practice is needed to assimilate them

By Shota S

Mar 17, 2020

It was great. Teaches you tons of new things and makes you look at some other thing that you might know from different angle.

By Susan M

Apr 16, 2021

Useful info - I can use all of it, and there was good coverage for IT positions. Presentation was clear and easy to follow.

By Mradul T

Apr 9, 2020

This course was very informative and helpful. Thanks to the instructor, Google and Coursera for providing this course 🙂🙂

By Ahmad A

Feb 22, 2021

Thanks for the awesome and super knowledgeable course! This course has improved my skills in so many aspects. Keep it up!

By DIMAS G S P

Mar 16, 2021

as always, really enjoyed the course at the begining still hard to understand command linux now i adapting to using bash

By Choongho J

Jun 19, 2020

It was a kind of hard time for me, but the new situation or problem are enjoyable things.

Challenge is my favorite hobby.

By JOSE A A L

May 5, 2020

This course was really tough. I'm really excited for everything that I've learnt so far I'm looking for the nex course

By Adarsh K N

Aug 26, 2020

Very good course. I will recommend everybody of my friends to take this up. It enhances your knowledge exponentially.

By Anatoly V

Feb 28, 2021

Some labs are a little bit on the easier side. A lot of nice practical tasks, which help to learn automation skills.

By Jesús A G G

Very useful course and very well explained. A zero beginner and an old expert both can learn a lot from this course!

By Marco M

Feb 28, 2021

Super helpful to improve my skills. It was really tough, but I endured and finished it. It's a really great course.

By Muhammad A

Aug 22, 2020

It really pushed me to my limits overall such an interesting course for how to interact with your operating system

By NKURUNZIZA C

This course goes deep with real life examples. I will recommend it for anyone trying to learn IT tasks automation.