Back to Using Python to Interact with the Operating System

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Using Python to Interact with the Operating System by Google

By the end of this course, you’ll be able to manipulate files and processes on your computer’s operating system. You’ll also have learned about regular expressions -- a very powerful tool for processing text files -- and you’ll get practice using the Linux command line on a virtual machine. And, this might feel like a stretch right now, but you’ll also write a program that processes a bunch of errors in an actual log file and then generates a summary file. That’s a super useful skill for IT Specialists to know. We’ll kick off by exploring how to execute Python locally, and organize and use code across different Python files. We'll then learn how to read and write different types of files, and use subprocesses and input streams. We'll also dive into Bash scripting and regular expressions -- both very powerful tools for anyone working with systems. We'll even touch on automatic testing, which allow us to automate how we check if our code is correct. To finish, we’ll put all this together by using the tools that we’ve acquired to process data and generate automatic reports. We’ll also explain how to set up your own developer environment in your machine. This is a key step in being able to write and deploy powerful automation tools....

MI
Nov 19, 2020

Great course! I had some previous knowledge, but this was perfect to fill in the gaps. Also, unit testing was completely new to me and will be very useful in future projects. Thanks for making this!

AD
Jun 15, 2020

In starting five weeks , all answers were directly provided and week 6 and 7 were very tough. So i suggest to equalize the toughness level in all weeks ,ie, no direct spoon feed nor abrupt toughness

176 - 200 of 851 Reviews for Using Python to Interact with the Operating System

By Adam B

Nov 30, 2020

Another excellent course on using Python, was quite challenging at times. The end results were very satisfying.

By Tarun R

Nov 30, 2020

Awesome Instructor, loved the way he taught and motivated. Great content organization. Kudos Google and Rogers!

By Ralph M

Nov 30, 2020

Learnt a lot from this but its not the end i will work towards my goal of obtaining Google IT automation cert.

By KSHITIJ A

May 6, 2021

Really loved the course. Because of it, I was able to familiarize myself with things I had no idea of before.

By Abdul B I

Dec 10, 2020

A superb course. Learned a lot. Especially enjoyed the part where Bash was introduced and how powerful it is.

By Giocrisrai g b

Sep 17, 2020

Muy bueno pero de igual forma muy dificil bastantes términos que vale la pena seguir practicando y afianzando

By Deepanshi S

May 23, 2020

This course was very useful and I gained knowledge of how to interact with the operating system using Python.

By Md. N A K H

Nov 20, 2020

This course deserve 5 stars but it would be more helpful if it could also have targeted windows platformers

By Neelesh V

May 22, 2020

Some parts are a bit difficult, but it was fun to learn those harder concepts. I had fun doing this course.

By Andrey K

Mar 22, 2020

I like Roger very much. I want to thank him and I am looking forward to his other courses. Thank you, Roger

By Agustin A

Dec 21, 2020

It is an awesome course, that integrates all the topics treated in very interesting and high-quality labs!

By vasanth p

May 16, 2020

Good curriculum, Nice explanation and Challenging questions. Simply LOVED the entire course.

Thanks Google.

By Kronicr29

May 4, 2021

Excelente contenido y más los test que son realmente interesantes y refuerzan el conocimineto. Super ...!

By Lokesh M

Jul 4, 2020

Good course to grasp real world implementation of Python and get a good hands-on with Python programming.

By ou y

Jun 8, 2020

It's very challenging, thanks support to help me go through this lab. I tried 5 times and finally passed!

By PAMU S S

Jun 21, 2020

One of the best courses in Coursera. Loved the course till the end. Thank you for building my skills. 😍

By Michael B

Feb 7, 2020

Course moves fast and introduces a lot of topics and it has an interesting final project. Well worth it.

By Muhammad G K

Jul 14, 2020

Learned a lot specially covering Bash scripting and linux commands which i am not used to.

Thanks

Google

By Shintya R R M

Feb 18, 2021

This course was such a long journey. The Lab assessments are really helpful to do hands-on practices!

By Felipe A G

Feb 8, 2021

Great course to learn how to interact with the operating system using Python, Bash script, and Regex.

By David J

Sep 12, 2020

Got a little tough in the end but definitely a good course on how to work coding in the command line.

By Dhruv P

This course was perfect, the assignments were challenging but fun at the same time. Thank you Google!

By Jethro A

Nov 17, 2020

I'm learning a lot and I am confused big time. Thank your for the lessons and I hope to learn more..

By Wai K W C

Oct 18, 2020

It teaches many practical knowledge to communicate with the operating system. A good course overall.

By Michael

Mar 29, 2020

What an amazing course. The best was to learn regexp and testing. But everything was really usefull!