Back to Social Impact Strategy: Tools for Entrepreneurs and Innovators

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Social Impact Strategy: Tools for Entrepreneurs and Innovators by University of Pennsylvania

This course offers an introduction to social impact strategy and social entrepreneurship, including key concepts, an overview of the field, and tools to get started as a changemaker. Students will learn how to innovate and design new ideas and new organizational forms to implement those ideas. Students who take this course will be better prepared to launch social impact organizations of their own invention. By moving through four stages, Define, Design, Pilot, and Scale, students will turn their passion for changing the world into concrete plans for launching a nonprofit or for-profit venture designed to achieve a social goal. This course will allow students to systematically think through problems; develop and test an innovative solution; assess risk, competition, and performance; and spread impact in a way that is financially sustainable. Students who complete the course become eligible to apply for an in-person educational experience, called the Global Social Impact House. GSIH is a seven-day residential program that provides fellows with the tools, community and training they need to advance their ventures. Workshops are customized to the needs of fellows and explore advanced concepts in business models, design thinking and leadership. The program is also designed to help fellows build meaningful, global connections while living together in an inspirational host location. For more information on the Global Social Impact House, please visit: socialimpactstrategy.org/residential/gsih...

FM
Jun 8, 2020

I have no regrets enrolling at this course. My learnings here are truly foundational, makes me more excited to start. I hope I'll be able to apply the teachings here. So useful for a beginner like me.

AI
Mar 30, 2020

I greatly appreciated this kind of educational platform (Coursera in partnership with various Universities) which can reach millions of people who are aspired to learn in a broader perspective.

26 - 50 of 238 Reviews for Social Impact Strategy: Tools for Entrepreneurs and Innovators

By Jay M J

Apr 17, 2020

Wonderful course on Social Innovation, Social Entrepreneurship and Social Impact Strategy! I learned a lot from this course. I just hope they fix the grammar and spelling issues though given that the overall quality of the content is really good. Thank you!

By James C

May 2, 2020

An amazing course and easily understood by people at all levels. I'm personally just a high school student, but the explanations in the course are very clear. I will definitely be applying the skills I have learnt through this course to my charity project.

By Vendy S

May 22, 2020

Learned a powerful yet extensive understanding about what social entrepreneurship is about. Great for those who have no idea about social impact and would like to know more about a business or an organisation that would like to make a sustainable cause!

By Aaron R

May 3, 2020

Great content and offers really good frameworks and ways to examine how social entrepreneurs should approach their work. Easy to follow and a great source for beginners as well as those who are looking to either refresh or scale their missions.

By Miguel G

Aug 8, 2017

The course has broadened my social innovative scope and guided me on the steps needed to create ideas, manage progress, and visualize a clear path. The lectures have great information that is well explained and the complement papers are useful.

By Mariant H (

Apr 14, 2019

Very practical material. Every lesson built on the previous one, which made learning the topic very fun. Instructor is very thorough and to the point. I would recommend this to any person considering careers that would make a social impact.

By Donna-Luisa E

Oct 13, 2020

Excellent course with very detailed information and discussions on the way forward as a Social Entrepreneur. The additional resources offered are a big value added feature of the course. Would encourage this course for entrepreneurs.

By Abbhilash M

Apr 23, 2017

It was a very effective course. I loved that the videos were made short and precise. This has helped me to start my social enterprise. I highly recommend this course to anyone who is planning to start their own social enterprise.

By Gary M

A few of the videos were a bit to fast, or the professor spoke a bit too quickly and had to go back, in particular in week 4, to re-examine the videos. But all in all, a great way to get an understanding of Social Impact.

By Gary J

Jul 28, 2020

This course was outstanding! I learnt all about being a social innovator, entrepreneurship, social enterprise and social impact strategy. I can't thank Peter and Suzi enough. I was a real game changer and life enhancing.

By Sasivarman

May 7, 2020

Able to get innovative ideas in entrepreneurship and plan it strategically so that it will meet social goal and sustainability. A valuable course to enroll by social activists and young entrepreneurs to plan a business.

By Adryann G

This course is so enlightening and practical. The lessons are applicable for everyone. Whether you're just starting out, or have been doing it for years, you will definitely be edified by this course. AWESOME!

By Samuel A

Jun 24, 2017

This is a course I would recommend to anyone passionate about social impact. It equips you with the essential tools you need as a social entrepreneur to spearhead initiatives that are healthy and sustainable!

By Vidya A

Sep 30, 2018

This was a fantastic course! I truly enjoyed the easy-to-watch video format, in 2-10min segments. The content served as a great fundamental to social impact, with clear definitions and examples.

Thank you!

By Laura C

Jan 22, 2018

Thank you for the course, it is great refresher esp for me who is embarking in the Social Entrepreneurship journey. Great & informative course esp. after leaving the academic world for more than a decade

By Cristina N

Jun 9, 2020

Very good intro to fundamentals and basic concepts. Good mix of concepts and examples. Manageable portions of each topic. I also found diagrams used in the lectures easy to follow, practical and useful.

By Patricia M

Oct 1, 2019

Muy interesante, ofrece muchas herramientas sencillas de aplicar que facilitan los procesos de estructuración de un emprendimiento social. Importante traducirlo para que pueda llegar al publico hispano.

By Faye M

Jun 9, 2020

By Ishan M

Apr 18, 2020

It has been an excellent journey along with coco and Carlos. The illustrations at the end of the lesson really help.

A small suggestion: There are some lectures that need a slight change in the title.

By Amcelle T I

Mar 31, 2020

By Ada D

Nov 2, 2017

Wonderful!!! A great way to organize your thoughts and make your plan more efficient if you want to make a social impact. Thanks Coursera for offering this great tool for social entrepreneurs!

By Lea H

May 30, 2017

Very informative with lots of practical touch points and examples! I genuinely enjoyed taking part in this online course and it has significantly shaped my own research for my master's degree.

By SUMAN

Jul 29, 2020

Excellent course for beginners . Gives a broad overview of the development sector strategy with the focus on idea generation, innovation , sustainability , scalability and business models .

By Nisa N

Aug 14, 2020

I really enjoy this course even though i took times to understand but at least i got something beneficial regarding business organization. Thank you so much for the clear and good videos.