Back to Social Impact Strategy: Tools for Entrepreneurs and Innovators

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Social Impact Strategy: Tools for Entrepreneurs and Innovators by University of Pennsylvania

This course offers an introduction to social impact strategy and social entrepreneurship, including key concepts, an overview of the field, and tools to get started as a changemaker. Students will learn how to innovate and design new ideas and new organizational forms to implement those ideas. Students who take this course will be better prepared to launch social impact organizations of their own invention. By moving through four stages, Define, Design, Pilot, and Scale, students will turn their passion for changing the world into concrete plans for launching a nonprofit or for-profit venture designed to achieve a social goal. This course will allow students to systematically think through problems; develop and test an innovative solution; assess risk, competition, and performance; and spread impact in a way that is financially sustainable. Students who complete the course become eligible to apply for an in-person educational experience, called the Global Social Impact House. GSIH is a seven-day residential program that provides fellows with the tools, community and training they need to advance their ventures. Workshops are customized to the needs of fellows and explore advanced concepts in business models, design thinking and leadership. The program is also designed to help fellows build meaningful, global connections while living together in an inspirational host location. For more information on the Global Social Impact House, please visit: socialimpactstrategy.org/residential/gsih...

LH

May 30, 2017

Very informative with lots of practical touch points and examples! I genuinely enjoyed taking part in this online course and it has significantly shaped my own research for my master's degree.

A

Nov 02, 2017

Wonderful!!! A great way to organize your thoughts and make your plan more efficient if you want to make a social impact. Thanks Coursera for offering this great tool for social entrepreneurs!

51 - 75 of 113 Reviews for Social Impact Strategy: Tools for Entrepreneurs and Innovators

By samarth m

Oct 09, 2016

It is very useful for an aspiring entrepreneur like me. Thanks Peter and Suzi for the lovely course.

By Prasanna M

Sep 18, 2017

Useful course for an Entrepreneur

By Evandro P V F

Aug 06, 2017

It is really good course. Some concepts are generally for all kind organizations. Hope new courses are going up about the same subject.

By Melissa M

Jul 16, 2017

Great opportunity to learn the tools necessary to pre-launch and launch my social enterprise. It was thorough in all aspects to give me the opportunity to utilize the tools given for current for future projects. Truly enjoyed the course and the ability to go at your own pace.

By Clairol M T

Mar 10, 2017

Very good and detailed introduction for social entrepreneurship!

By Sarel v d W

Apr 21, 2018

Was a bit sceptical at first with the limited real life case studies, but the course has grown on me and given me critical tools to get my own social enterprise off the ground. It will help me think my idea through thoroughly, develop the right plans in order to secure the necessary resources to pilot and later scale my enterprise.

By shubham s

Mar 01, 2018

COURSE IS EXCELLENT

By Sudhanshu M

Mar 06, 2018

Some really good content, took it as a high school student and had no problem at all. Would recommend to all!

By Lizelle V F

Jan 17, 2017

The material was easy to understand and structured. Very informative for a beginner who wants to become a social entrepreneur.

By Lenore M

Nov 05, 2017

Excellent course with thorough examples and tangible tools to adopt and implement in one's own practice. Absolutely worth the time investment. Highly recommended.

By N!b R M

Jul 24, 2017

Good, very Good. Congratulations.

By Aprajita M

Aug 04, 2017

This is wonderful course, it has given me real insights of social impact strategy.

By Bohdan H

Nov 06, 2017

Love Mr. Frumkin's style of lecturing. It helped me a lot with the first stages of converting my existing nonprofit into a social enterprise

By Laura C

Jan 22, 2018

Thank you for the course, it is great refresher esp for me who is embarking in the Social Entrepreneurship journey. Great & informative course esp. after leaving the academic world for more than a decade

By Alexander W

Jun 14, 2017

I think this is a fantastic course for anyone exploring or who is already seriously considering social entrepreneurship. Even for those who are deep into the developmental stage or in the piloting stage, this course can also serve as a fundamental structure and reminder for how to properly design a solution for a pressing societal need. I will absolutely reference my notes and readings from this course in the future. For those briefly exposed to the realm of social entrepreneurship and enterprise, I'd advise you to seriously consider devoting a few hours a week for four weeks to develop and strengthen your understanding of the core of social enterprise.

By Michael S

Oct 29, 2016

Excellent interface - super accessible and easy to navigate. The content itself was easy to digest and set up in a sequential, progressive manner that made it both enjoyable and simple to follow for either starting entrepreneurs or seasoned veterans in the field! Thanks for the opportunity to learn, grow and for the skills and tools that I'll carry with me to continue to build a social enterprise that will hopefully create the impact I dream of in this world.

By Will M

Aug 04, 2017

This is an excellent class that provides the student with some highly valuable tools.

By Sheena A

Oct 25, 2017

This course has been really helpful to give the basics and set the foundation on your dream Social Enterprise journey. :)

By Andrey C

Jun 22, 2018

It was a fantastic course and I learnt many interesting issues related with entrepeunership and social impact measuring. I did not have any idea about social enterprices, but this course helped me to learn many tools for my research about impact in vulnerable communities

By LI Y

Mar 26, 2018

I found it very useful even after working in the non-profit sector for more than a decade. It's very clearly structured, easy, comprehensive and enlightening. Definitely helpful for anyone that wants to design a social enterprise or to learn/reflect on their impact pathway.

By Nigel A

Jan 04, 2018

It was great studying this course being taught by Uni. of Pennsylvania, it has really helped me realize social challenges and how to develop solutions in solving them. I learned how to develop a mind map, an empathy map and a road map for setting up a social organization in solving social issues in my community.

By Frederic H

Mar 19, 2018

Great content, and clear delivery of the content. The illustration of the concept through the stories of two entrepreneurs is also very useful.

By Nitin K D

Nov 25, 2016

This course is a wonderful tool for social innovations to start with. Key concepts are explained in a very, clear innovative and well-designed way.

By Chris S

Jul 07, 2017

very good course with samples and tools

By Rafael G D

Oct 26, 2016

Very useful course for social entrepreneurs. Thank you!!