Back to Introduction to Web Development

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Web Development by University of California, Davis

This course is designed to start you on a path toward future studies in web development and design, no matter how little experience or technical knowledge you currently have. The web is a very big place, and if you are the typical internet user, you probably visit several websites every day, whether for business, entertainment or education. But have you ever wondered how these websites actually work? How are they built? How do browsers, computers, and mobile devices interact with the web? What skills are necessary to build a website? With almost 1 billion websites now on the internet, the answers to these questions could be your first step toward a better understanding of the internet and developing a new set of internet skills. By the end of this course you’ll be able to describe the structure and functionality of the world wide web, create dynamic web pages using a combination of HTML, CSS, and JavaScript, apply essential programming language concepts when creating HTML forms, select an appropriate web hosting service, and publish your webpages for the world to see. Finally, you’ll be able to develop a working model for creating your own personal or business websites in the future and be fully prepared to take the next step in a more advanced web development or design course or specialization....

AH
May 1, 2020

It was very helpful and I understood things so easily. A beginner in this field will surely be benefited. Also the extra material is very helpful. This helped me take up full stack web development.

AB
Jul 18, 2019

It`s a fantastic course for a beginner. I could feel the effort that was put into to make sure people understood. Thank you Coursera, when I become one the greatest, I will remember this beginning.

76 - 100 of 855 Reviews for Introduction to Web Development

By Tshering L

Oct 25, 2020

It enhanced my skills and gave me broader perspective of client side web development. I wish to learn the server side web development hereafter. Thank you for teaching me so well.

By MD. D A C

Aug 11, 2020

i have learned so much from this course. now i know about HTML, Css, Javascript. this course helped me a lot to understand and inspired me a lot to do more. thanks for everything.

By Maria J A

Dec 23, 2020

Thank you! This course was very helpful and even though it's not an easy topic the videos and lectures were very instructive and easy to follow. Congrats for this amazing course!

By Emmanuel K N

Aug 27, 2020

Very good and interesting, good fundamentals for a new web developer or designer. I recommend this course to the newbies in web development or designing. Good lecturing as well.

By Lidia A P E

Aug 10, 2020

Este curso es genial, no tenía idea de nada al principio y me siento muy satisfecha con los resultados!,simple de entender te guía paso a paso la mejor desición que he tomado!

By Arun K

Jul 28, 2020

I sincerely thanks to the instructor he explained in a very clarity way

I hope he provides more useful information to students with his knowledge

May god bless you

By Rajasingha M K H

Dec 20, 2020

This course is very suitable and essential for any child and this course is important for build web site .It is possible to understand very simply all the facts given about.

By Ana I L

Apr 7, 2020

It's a great course to start the contact with the web development world. Something I really appreciate was all the extra information in the reading sections. Thank you Dave!

By Qadeem A

Jan 30, 2021

Best Course to Start your Web Development Journey!

This course covers all the basic aspects of a Website from scratch and also guides about hosting your very first website.

By Lukman E A

Feb 14, 2019

This course really help me to know more about web development, especially for newbie like me in web development. The material was easy to understand and really practicable.

By Николюк Е В

Apr 13, 2019

Nice course! It will show to those who are not familiar at all with web development that this is not so hard actually and any interested person can afford this. Thank you!

By LaTia B

Jul 27, 2020

It was extremely challenging, but really worth it by the end of the day once you get the hang of it. Remember to stay focus, remain consistent, and please don't give up!

By Rathmalgodage J U S

Jul 22, 2020

This course actually helping people who are willing to word as a web developer. And also anyone to learn about web development. Lecturer is very good. Highly recommend.

By Nikko A

Oct 20, 2020

This course is good for the beginners without any background about web development. I recommend this course for the person without any background. Thank a lot UCDAVIS.

By Mansi

Aug 5, 2020

Its's a very good ,informative course . The videos are short so easy to watch in your free time ,even the resource materials linked to the course was very helpful.

By Duguma Y

Aug 21, 2018

This course is well presented. It was interesting and inspiring. At some stages the topics presented were a bit too basic but good in overall. I loved this course.

By Daksh S

Very good course with detailed explanation of all the important topics. Very helpful for beginners who want to master the skills in the field of web development.

By Alok B

Oct 15, 2017

This is really best course ever . I just wanna recommend everyone who has an interest in web development just go for it guys . You will really gonna learn a lot.

By T.J M

Jan 27, 2021

I liked the course. It is easy paced and you can work at your own time. Would recommend it to anyone who is still trying to learn the basics of web development.

By Dr G B K

Jul 5, 2020

I had interest in web development. Through Vidyavardhaka College of Engineering and Coursera I am able to learn fundamentals of web development. Thanks a lot.

By Ulrich W

Oct 17, 2016

A bit too much JavaScript, but even that part was well done! I hope there will be another course with server-side scripting as well, at least for beginners :-)

By DORIS P

Dec 4, 2020

Excellentfor getting you started quickly in web development. Helpful resources. Pleasant instructor.

This class takes th intimidation out of web development.

By Vedant K S

Jul 12, 2020

This is amazing course and give very good kickstart in journey of web development .I recommend everyone to take this course if u wanna learn web development

By Abhishek D

Aug 14, 2019

The course was very well defined and gave an overview of most web technologies which are being used in industry also helped get an insight at web scraping .

By Владимирцева С Ю

Jun 10, 2020

Many thanks to the creators of this course! Thanks to the course, I was able to refresh my existing knowledge. The teacher explains the material very well.