Back to Introduction to Web Development

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Web Development by University of California, Davis

This course is designed to start you on a path toward future studies in web development and design, no matter how little experience or technical knowledge you currently have. The web is a very big place, and if you are the typical internet user, you probably visit several websites every day, whether for business, entertainment or education. But have you ever wondered how these websites actually work? How are they built? How do browsers, computers, and mobile devices interact with the web? What skills are necessary to build a website? With almost 1 billion websites now on the internet, the answers to these questions could be your first step toward a better understanding of the internet and developing a new set of internet skills. By the end of this course you’ll be able to describe the structure and functionality of the world wide web, create dynamic web pages using a combination of HTML, CSS, and JavaScript, apply essential programming language concepts when creating HTML forms, select an appropriate web hosting service, and publish your webpages for the world to see. Finally, you’ll be able to develop a working model for creating your own personal or business websites in the future and be fully prepared to take the next step in a more advanced web development or design course or specialization....

AB

Jul 19, 2019

It`s a fantastic course for a beginner. I could feel the effort that was put into to make sure people understood. Thank you Coursera, when I become one the greatest, I will remember this beginning.

V

Sep 05, 2019

Good to learn about Web Development.\n\nIt helped me a lot for learning and developing a site.\n\nI like this course and I'll prefer those to choose this course who want to become a web developer.

76 - 100 of 142 Reviews for Introduction to Web Development

By Malgorzata

Aug 09, 2017

Great course!

By Shivani B

Aug 20, 2017

I found the course very interesting and the way of teaching is very descriptive. No doubt in this that the course is very helpful and good.

By Mohammad A

Dec 26, 2017

Great For Begineer

By Angela C

Aug 20, 2017

This was a challenge as a beginner web developer.

By Janelle T

Nov 29, 2016

Very good course! I would recommend it to anyone interested in understanding how websites work. Great introduction to web development, it has spurred me on to learn more, and I feel confident that I can do this now. Thank you.

By oswaldo m

Sep 12, 2017

it is great

By ALVARO F S

Jul 09, 2017

Un curso genial para empezar a utilizar html, css y javascript

By Manvi T

May 28, 2018

This course provides with all the basics of web development and is a great help.

By Christopher J P

Aug 20, 2018

I started this course knowing absolutley nothing about designing web pages. Now I know enough HTML, CSS and JavaScript to probably freelance small simple jobs. The learning style is a bit frustrating of trying to copy the code off of the teacher's computer, but overall the course is well worth it. It was an intro course and I feel like I got my money's worth.

By Duguma Y

Aug 21, 2018

This course is well presented. It was interesting and inspiring. At some stages the topics presented were a bit too basic but good in overall. I loved this course.

By Saurabh J

Jul 24, 2018

Thanks for the best knowledge giving me😊

By Deepak K

Apr 21, 2019

It is an excellent course.

By María V B R

May 29, 2019

Muy enfocado a lo práctico y bien dirigido

By Fin

May 14, 2019

very good course!

By Soufiane B

Jun 11, 2019

Thank you so much for your time and work!

By RAJESH C

Jun 21, 2019

Thanks for helping me alot

By GAUTAM B

Jun 23, 2019

If you want learn the front-end part from basic then it's a better way for you.

By RAGHVENDRA M

Jun 11, 2019

good

By Joylene H D

Jul 10, 2019

Best course for beginners. A few weeks back, I wouldn't have thought I would like coding at all. But this course made me love it while learning it. Best suited pace for beginners. Thank you for this course!!

By Ayaan R B

Jul 19, 2019

By Abhishek D

Aug 14, 2019

The course was very well defined and gave an overview of most web technologies which are being used in industry also helped get an insight at web scraping .

By Yaser H

Aug 16, 2019

A very good foundation to get you started on web development

By Ashvin S

Aug 18, 2019

Best Course I have ever seen.

By Hamid O

Sep 03, 2019

good course as a start point for beginner

By karthik

Sep 06, 2019

Awesome teaching ,this course changed me a lot, thank you .