Back to Introduction to Web Development

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Web Development by University of California, Davis

This course is designed to start you on a path toward future studies in web development and design, no matter how little experience or technical knowledge you currently have. The web is a very big place, and if you are the typical internet user, you probably visit several websites every day, whether for business, entertainment or education. But have you ever wondered how these websites actually work? How are they built? How do browsers, computers, and mobile devices interact with the web? What skills are necessary to build a website? With almost 1 billion websites now on the internet, the answers to these questions could be your first step toward a better understanding of the internet and developing a new set of internet skills. By the end of this course you’ll be able to describe the structure and functionality of the world wide web, create dynamic web pages using a combination of HTML, CSS, and JavaScript, apply essential programming language concepts when creating HTML forms, select an appropriate web hosting service, and publish your webpages for the world to see. Finally, you’ll be able to develop a working model for creating your own personal or business websites in the future and be fully prepared to take the next step in a more advanced web development or design course or specialization....

AH

May 02, 2020

It was very helpful and I understood things so easily. A beginner in this field will surely be benefited. Also the extra material is very helpful. This helped me take up full stack web development.

AB

Jul 19, 2019

It`s a fantastic course for a beginner. I could feel the effort that was put into to make sure people understood. Thank you Coursera, when I become one the greatest, I will remember this beginning.

26 - 50 of 453 Reviews for Introduction to Web Development

By Vikas K G

Sep 05, 2019

Good to learn about Web Development.

It helped me a lot for learning and developing a site.

I like this course and I'll prefer those to choose this course who want to become a web developer.

By Akash R

May 22, 2020

I wanted to give it a 0 star but couldn't find the option. Instructor was not comprehensive at all.Discussed the lecture with some outdated tools.Overall it was not a good experience and a time-waste.

By Priyam R

Aug 13, 2018

this is a very interesting and innovative course and the best part is i am getting a very deep knowledhe about every aspect of how to build a website or webpage and what are the different aspects which are required to make them,i am much satisfied with this course and would like to do many more in future.

By Solehah B S

Jun 28, 2020

i love everything about this course. it really do helps for a beginner like me. it offers such a brief and great explanation by the educator. plus all the materials given for the tutorials/reading are superb. same goes to the assignments given. everything is perfect. thanks a lot ! ❤

By Sviatoslav B

Aug 02, 2017

Professor Daniel Randall explains clearly and gradually. Working on the tasks was entertaining. He gives readings and videos for non-class work and it was very helpful. Definitely go to course if you want to start your career in web development or just build an attractive website.

By SAKSHAM G

May 08, 2020

This course is Very helpful to the young aspiring engineers and shares a equal impact for betterment of a professional. I personally found it very helpful and interesting . One can worth spend his/her precious time on this amazing course of web development

By VAIBHAV S

It was an amazing experience. The explanation was excellent and the quizzes & assignments helped a lot. This course helped me in gaining basic knowledge required to start with in the vast field of web development. Thank you for such an amazing course.

By Abhishek P G

Jun 14, 2020

I really enjoyed the online course. I thought it was well planned and lay out, easy for me to follow. The work load(h.w. & test)was just enough, so i could finish everything with enough time, learn about the topics and not feel over loaded and rushed.

By FASASI Q B

Nov 29, 2018

Taking this course has given me the basic knowledge of front-end development. its been a wonderful moment each time i logged in for my course.am really happy for the coursera community for giving me the privilege to learn this course. i say THANK YOU!

By Janelle T

Nov 29, 2016

Very good course! I would recommend it to anyone interested in understanding how websites work. Great introduction to web development, it has spurred me on to learn more, and I feel confident that I can do this now. Thank you.

By Mohammed H T

Feb 01, 2017

From this i learned more things and more thinks about the web development and design in html,css,js and more and i thanks to coursera and UC DAVIS and I desire to spread my knowledge to others on the right of justice.

By Sujain K

Jul 05, 2020

This is my good luck to learn this course from Daniel sir . I am the new comer in this site and my first course is web development . I am very thankful to Daniel sir to give his complete dedication in this course .

By Woomme M

Oct 08, 2019

The course offered me the baisc idea of html,css and javascript in the best way possible which will help me in my future of learning web development in a better way.Thank u coursera for such a great initiation..

By Joylene H D

Jul 10, 2019

Best course for beginners. A few weeks back, I wouldn't have thought I would like coding at all. But this course made me love it while learning it. Best suited pace for beginners. Thank you for this course!!

By ANSHUMAN J

Apr 28, 2020

this was a nice introductory course to get basic knowledge of the vast field of web development. i highly recommend this course for those who want to start their new journey in the field of web-d.

By Suman G

Jun 27, 2020

A perfect course with a great teacher. Each lesson was laid out with great detail. Moreover, each exercise after each lesson made my concepts clearer following with the assignment each week.

By PARTH S

I have learnt a new thing.

But this course has made me think analytically.

Now I'm sure that I'll definitely join Army/Navy /Air Force one day.

Godspede

To

The

Instructor

Mr Dan Randall

Kudos

By Elena M

Jun 17, 2020

Thank you so much for an amazing course, it made me fall in love with the web development. Fantastic study materials, an amazing teacher and a great organization of the course. Thank you!

By TONALI M J R

It was a great course, it goes from the simplest to the most complicated and gives you tools so you can consult or learn more on your own, anyone could take it, you just need to learn !!

By ANASUYA D

May 03, 2020

This course was fabulous. I got to learn many more interesting things during this course . This is a very good primary course to learn web development. Good Luck to the future learner :)

By Joshua

Mar 22, 2017

Great course for beginners

This is a good course for people that have no experience in web development or for people that have done web development and want to refresh their memory.

By Ana I L

Apr 08, 2020

It's a great course to start the contact with the web development world. Something I really appreciate was all the extra information in the reading sections. Thank you Dave!

By Lukman E A

Feb 14, 2019

This course really help me to know more about web development, especially for newbie like me in web development. The material was easy to understand and really practicable.

By Николюк Е В

Apr 13, 2019

Nice course! It will show to those who are not familiar at all with web development that this is not so hard actually and any interested person can afford this. Thank you!

By Duguma Y

Aug 21, 2018

This course is well presented. It was interesting and inspiring. At some stages the topics presented were a bit too basic but good in overall. I loved this course.