Back to Introduction to Web Development

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Web Development by University of California, Davis

This course is designed to start you on a path toward future studies in web development and design, no matter how little experience or technical knowledge you currently have. The web is a very big place, and if you are the typical internet user, you probably visit several websites every day, whether for business, entertainment or education. But have you ever wondered how these websites actually work? How are they built? How do browsers, computers, and mobile devices interact with the web? What skills are necessary to build a website? With almost 1 billion websites now on the internet, the answers to these questions could be your first step toward a better understanding of the internet and developing a new set of internet skills. By the end of this course you’ll be able to describe the structure and functionality of the world wide web, create dynamic web pages using a combination of HTML, CSS, and JavaScript, apply essential programming language concepts when creating HTML forms, select an appropriate web hosting service, and publish your webpages for the world to see. Finally, you’ll be able to develop a working model for creating your own personal or business websites in the future and be fully prepared to take the next step in a more advanced web development or design course or specialization....

AB
Jul 18, 2019

It`s a fantastic course for a beginner. I could feel the effort that was put into to make sure people understood. Thank you Coursera, when I become one the greatest, I will remember this beginning.

AH
May 1, 2020

It was very helpful and I understood things so easily. A beginner in this field will surely be benefited. Also the extra material is very helpful. This helped me take up full stack web development.

176 - 200 of 857 Reviews for Introduction to Web Development

By Deepak K

Nov 8, 2020

I learn a lot from this course. Now i am looking forward to start my Carrier in web development

By Anupriya U

It was fun learning this course. Thanks to the instructor who taught us in such a great manner.

By Gajipara H R

Oct 27, 2020

It is an excellent course explained very systematically. I liked doing this course very much.

By Raman

Oct 20, 2021

This is a really good and knowledgeable course offered by Coursera. I learned a lot from it.

By LEONEL Y V M

Aug 8, 2020

NICE, VERY COMPLETED IT HAS THE NEEDED INFORMATION AND VERY USEFULL.

I RECOMMEND THIS COURSE

By HIMANI

Apr 22, 2020

Course was best detailed in best shortest time covering all the fundamentals and techniques

By Elena F H

Jul 8, 2017

Great introduction to web development. I feel confident in going forward and learning more!

By Summiya I

Oct 28, 2020

It's an excellent platform for the learner to flourish their skills in an efficient manner

By Kerli L

Sep 25, 2020

Great course. Javascript was a bit difficult but finally managed to understand that one too

By Anis K

Nov 28, 2017

Excellent introductory course. Helps build confidence if you don't have the basic knowledge

By Diamond J

Aug 29, 2020

I learn a wide variety of things. I believe i could take this into the future of a career.

By YALAVARTHI M

Aug 6, 2020

nicee explanation if u r new to web development then dont worry they will teach from scrap

By Rodolfo M P

Apr 22, 2020

Strict fundamentals for anyone not familiar with any of the developer jargon. Very useful.

By Ayl D

Feb 28, 2017

Great course for beginners to get the basics of Web Development, HTML, CSS and Javascript.

By KM S

thank you coursera,now i'm able to creating my own websites.And its help me in my career.

By D N R s

Apr 30, 2020

This course made me get to know my interest i am very glad to have this type of platform.

By Bret A

Nov 6, 2017

A great course for beginners or if you're looking to refresh some web development skills.

By Ruth P

Oct 21, 2020

The professor was very detailed and very easy to understand the lessons and requirement.

By Boakye W K

Oct 18, 2020

Its a nice course. It has given me the confidence to pursue further in web development.

By NEEHA K

It was helpul for knowing how websites work,built.

In this we learnt HTML,JavaScript,CSS.

By Osvaldo, A I

Sep 26, 2020

Excellent course! I learned lots of things about web design. We no experience at all !!

By James O

Nov 4, 2020

The Instructor was very clear and his mode of engagement with students is commendable.

By SHIBANKUR D

Aug 27, 2020

It is good. But there is some lectures which are not understandable or implementable.

By Buchireddypalli K

Jul 11, 2020

It's really good to learn at this platform and i think everyone will learn it easily.

By JOSE V M P

Oct 21, 2020

This is a incredible curse, nice and complete first introduction to web development.