Back to Introduction to Web Development

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Web Development by University of California, Davis

This course is designed to start you on a path toward future studies in web development and design, no matter how little experience or technical knowledge you currently have. The web is a very big place, and if you are the typical internet user, you probably visit several websites every day, whether for business, entertainment or education. But have you ever wondered how these websites actually work? How are they built? How do browsers, computers, and mobile devices interact with the web? What skills are necessary to build a website? With almost 1 billion websites now on the internet, the answers to these questions could be your first step toward a better understanding of the internet and developing a new set of internet skills. By the end of this course you’ll be able to describe the structure and functionality of the world wide web, create dynamic web pages using a combination of HTML, CSS, and JavaScript, apply essential programming language concepts when creating HTML forms, select an appropriate web hosting service, and publish your webpages for the world to see. Finally, you’ll be able to develop a working model for creating your own personal or business websites in the future and be fully prepared to take the next step in a more advanced web development or design course or specialization....

AH
May 1, 2020

It was very helpful and I understood things so easily. A beginner in this field will surely be benefited. Also the extra material is very helpful. This helped me take up full stack web development.

AB
Jul 18, 2019

It`s a fantastic course for a beginner. I could feel the effort that was put into to make sure people understood. Thank you Coursera, when I become one the greatest, I will remember this beginning.

176 - 200 of 787 Reviews for Introduction to Web Development

By Anis K

Nov 28, 2017

Excellent introductory course. Helps build confidence if you don't have the basic knowledge

By Diamond J

Aug 29, 2020

I learn a wide variety of things. I believe i could take this into the future of a career.

By YALAVARTHI M

Aug 6, 2020

nicee explanation if u r new to web development then dont worry they will teach from scrap

By Rodolfo M P

Apr 22, 2020

Strict fundamentals for anyone not familiar with any of the developer jargon. Very useful.

By Ayl D

Feb 28, 2017

Great course for beginners to get the basics of Web Development, HTML, CSS and Javascript.

By KM S

thank you coursera,now i'm able to creating my own websites.And its help me in my career.

By D N R s

Apr 30, 2020

This course made me get to know my interest i am very glad to have this type of platform.

By Bret A

Nov 6, 2017

A great course for beginners or if you're looking to refresh some web development skills.

By Ruth P

Oct 21, 2020

The professor was very detailed and very easy to understand the lessons and requirement.

By Boakye W K

Oct 18, 2020

Its a nice course. It has given me the confidence to pursue further in web development.

By NEEHA K

It was helpul for knowing how websites work,built.

In this we learnt HTML,JavaScript,CSS.

By Osvaldo, A I

Sep 26, 2020

Excellent course! I learned lots of things about web design. We no experience at all !!

By James O O

Nov 4, 2020

The Instructor was very clear and his mode of engagement with students is commendable.

By SHIBANKUR D

Aug 27, 2020

It is good. But there is some lectures which are not understandable or implementable.

By Buchireddypalli K

Jul 11, 2020

It's really good to learn at this platform and i think everyone will learn it easily.

By JOSE V M P

Oct 21, 2020

This is a incredible curse, nice and complete first introduction to web development.

By Avikash K

Apr 4, 2021

A great course as it contain all points for the beginners to learn web development.

By Tanmay M

Jan 5, 2021

Good for newbies with no knowledge in web development. Prof. Daniel did a good job

By Bondada A

May 12, 2020

Simply superb Everyone must have to look into this course . Explanation is awesome

By ASHWANI S

May 6, 2020

i learned a lot from this course and this will help me a lot in my future carrier

By Asmaa M E D

Oct 21, 2020

it was a very interesting course and very useful. I really learned something new.

By LALIT P

May 14, 2020

Good experience with Introduction to web development .Thank you so much Coursera.

By Vageesha M

May 5, 2020

Great course, the videos are very interactive and everything is nicely explained.

By Rakshith

Jul 24, 2020

A great course to learn the basics of web development and covers a lot of topics

By Manvi T

May 28, 2018

This course provides with all the basics of web development and is a great help.