Back to Weight Management: Beyond Balancing Calories

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Weight Management: Beyond Balancing Calories by Emory University

Across the globe, more people are suffering from obesity than at any other time in our history. Why has obesity become so common and so challenging? In this course, we will look at the root cause of obesity, as explained by the latest science. We will see how our food environment has evolved over the last half-century, and how it is altering our biology to over-consume calories and resist sustained weight loss. We will also see how stress, a sedentary lifestyle, and inadequate sleep disrupt our appetite control system to promote gaining weight. By developing a better understanding of the physiology behind obesity, you will learn how to work with your body to prevent and manage weight gain. This course will also provide practical tools and strategies for creating a long-term, sustainable weight management plan to leverage your habits and your surroundings....

DD

Invalid date

This course helped me a lot in learning why it is difficult for us to manage our weight just by restricting our diet and what are the things we can do to change that.

CH

Invalid date

There was very good information to learn from this course. One frustration was the peer reviewed assignments. I do think that you should not have course reading materials that require a subscription.

351 - 365 of 365 Reviews for Weight Management: Beyond Balancing Calories

By sara r m

Aug 23, 2023

No puedo completar el curso sin hacer las actividades de calificación y no me deja hacerlas sin pagar certificado

By Nicole M

Nov 11, 2019

Good emphasis on what is important! Quick and easy to follow along - I would have loved even more info :)

By Alia A

Oct 1, 2022

It's interesting. I like the mindful eating module. However, not all sources included are credible.

By Elena L

Sep 6, 2022

Mishmash of everything from science to preudoscience. It was useful only to a limited extent.

By Sarah h

May 8, 2020

it will help understand the other reasons that affect the weight and how to deal with it

By dr.ahmed s

Mar 31, 2020

i need it completely free

By Ghazal A

Oct 31, 2019

was very informative

By Scott H

Jun 21, 2022

meh

By Michelle G

Jan 8, 2023

I am unable to submit my assignment although it has been paid for through NTI

By Tina O

Oct 21, 2023

shitty

By Esther C

Jun 19, 2021

Giving mandate peer groups to comments on us so as we pass or fail its not good, this make things harder and harder I dislike, I personal understand the course and pass my all assignments , am suppressed the results from Peer groups that fails all my three assignments and I have pass the two.

this disappoint me and I choose to cancel the course

By Eduardo R R

May 4, 2022

Muito repetitivo, muito dificil de alcançar nota nas tarefas onde os colegas avaliam. No meu ver é uma perca de tempo.

By Ailana B

May 15, 2024

Most of these articles are blocked or require a subscription. Complete waste of my time

By Bulbul G

Jul 12, 2024

There is a lot of research that proves the claims made in the module as false.