Back to Managerial Accounting: Cost Behaviors, Systems, and Analysis

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Managerial Accounting: Cost Behaviors, Systems, and Analysis by University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign

In this course, you will learn how to use accounting to facilitate and align decisions made by owners, managers, and employees. You will learn how accountants create, organize, interpret, and communicate information that improves internal processes, and allows organizations to identify and leverage opportunities to create value within the supply chain and with customers. Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to: • Understand what managerial accounting is and why it is important. • Describe fundamental concepts of managerial accounting. • Apply the financial perspective of accounting for costs. • Identify problems associated with relying on financial accounting information for internal decision making. • Organize cost information according to the decision-making needs of the organization. • Apply activity-based costing (ABC) and recognize the influence of setting and decision characteristics on the relevance of ABC systems. • Address common "what-if" questions using cost-volume-profit (CVP) analysis. • Apply CVP analysis in a variety of scenarios. This course is part of the iMBA offered by the University of Illinois, a flexible, fully-accredited online MBA at an incredibly competitive price. For more information, please see the Resource page in this course and onlinemba.illinois.edu....

AS

Oct 07, 2017

Enjoyed this course as part of the Online MBA from UIUC. The concepts are solidly explained with examples and plenty of practice exams that you can re-take unlimited times to test your understanding.

VB

Aug 11, 2020

I have been using most of the terminology in my regular work , however now I could understand it better. I am sure the applicability of the terms would be more appropriate . It was a good learning.

1 - 25 of 179 Reviews for Managerial Accounting: Cost Behaviors, Systems, and Analysis

By Robert K

Sep 27, 2017

Very great introduction to managerial accounting for those unfamiliar with the subject. As a new small business owner with no formal business education, I can say that this course is hugely valuable for understanding costs within an organization.

By Ashwin K S

Oct 07, 2017

By VENKATA K B

Aug 11, 2020

By Ram S K

Nov 20, 2017

Great Course that gives you the basics of Costing and it's relevant in regular Business decisions. Well articulated to ensure that people new to the concepts also understand it clearly!

By Kon P

Jul 22, 2017

Great course overall, the assumptions question on CVP Quant quiz doesn't really make sense though. Other than that great materials and lectures

By Ponciano R

Dec 20, 2018

Great course, covers a lot of useful topics

By Scot B

Jul 02, 2018

Good course with lots of information. Text has a lot of errors that need to be corrected. Intro to videos could be shortened a little. No reason to have a 15-20 second intro on each one.

By Muhammad U F

Jul 16, 2020

I like the way it was taught to us. I enjoy it. It does not waste your time, the main focus was on the concepts of Managerial accounting. I learned the best way to look at the products need to be eliminated for better profit and focus on the winning profits. I also learn that CPV analysis is the method Managers need to adopt for internal reporting.

By ARVIND K S

May 28, 2019

This course imparts tremendous learning and provides valuable tools for decision making. I would strongly recommend it for students as well as managers for equipping themselves, through it, in the art and science of decision making, some of which could make a huge difference for the organization.

Excellent course!

Jul 15, 2019

Curso interesante sobre costes, bueno para repasar conceptos que había estudiado en la carrera. No obstante tengo el curso terminado pero no he recibido el certificado y no encuentro manera posible de recibir atención humana por parte de Coursera. Si alguien puede ayudarme con este tema estaría agradecido.

By CARLOS B

Sep 28, 2020

I enjoyed this course while learning so much at the same time. The content is high level, very well explained, easy to follow and engaging. I am more than satisfied with the knowledge I gained. Thanks very much to the instructor, Mr. Gary Hecht for the time and effort dedicated to setting up this course.

By Mohammed A

Sep 19, 2017

I enjoyed this course more then expected. While the content at times seemed too "light" and overall was fairly easy, I found myself engaged (I have no organic interest in accounting) and learning useful ideas. Cases and problems were all interesting as well.

By Reena M V

Nov 08, 2016

A very informative and detailed course. The professor explained clearly all the topics and have answered all the questions in my mind through the entire course. The instructions, modules, and handouts were given completely and are very helpful.

By Corey H

Jul 31, 2017

Excellent course material! The readings were informative and had articles to break up the text book monotony. The lecture videos covered and showed almost anything I was previously unsure about. I would recommend this course to anyone.

By Laleen D

Nov 19, 2016

Professor Hecht provides a very thorough and understandable class in Managerial Accounting. He mixes application with concepts. I've never liked accounting until I took his courses. He's a phenomenal teacher.

By Everson M

Jan 30, 2019

Gary is an amazing instructor. He makes difficult concepts simple. Exercises and Peer-Review Cases allow application of concepts in practical situations close to our daily routine. I really enjoyed it!

By Wolfgang R .

Nov 20, 2017

The topics are very precise and straight forward to the practice, I just would like to say that more practice would be fantastic with real cases but the time to complete the task is to short

By Shayla K

Jun 02, 2020

Appreciated it was informative but not overwhelming. Great to be able to go back and re-watch the examples and hear their explanations again. You do not get that in an in person course.

By ashutosh p

Mar 24, 2020

Good content overall for the course. Easy to understand in one go. Very well articulated by the Instructor along with relevant examples from practical life scenarios. Thanks a lot Gary!

By Steve M

Feb 03, 2019

Gary Hecht is an excellent lecturer, applies the concepts of Managerial Accounting to current events brilliantly, and sets a challenging yet achievable bar. Thanks Professor!

By JOSE F C

Feb 05, 2019

Professors Gary Hecht and Ron Guymon were terrific in their pedagogical methods. I learned and I can remember the material because it was reinforced via various methods.

By Mohamed J

Oct 03, 2017

All good, but the criteria of the peer review assignment is so unfair having so limited number of grades without much space for the reviewer to really rate the work well

By Nishok T

Mar 24, 2017

Great content. I would bundle the shorter videos in the first two weeks so that I am not listening to an intro and outro for every small point that the professor makes.

By Vladimir G

Oct 10, 2020

Very good program. I have learned a lot about cost allocation and hopefully, that is going to help me if I ever have a business, even if it is small. Thank you so much

By Kaman C

Feb 04, 2019

excellent rendition of how the subject should be approached and learned. Kudos to Prof Gary. He is to be commended for his grasp of the subject, and capacity to teach.