Back to English for Business and Entrepreneurship

Learner Reviews & Feedback for English for Business and Entrepreneurship by University of Pennsylvania

Welcome to English for Business and Entrepreneurship, a course created by the University of Pennsylvania, and funded by the U.S. Department of State Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs, Office of English Language Programs. To enroll in this course for free, click on “Enroll now” and then select "Full Course. No certificate." This course is designed for non-native English speakers who are interested in learning more about the global business economy. In this course, you will learn about topics and language necessary to succeed in the international workplace. You will explore business English through authentic readings and video lectures, while learning about business vocabulary, concepts, and issues. Unit 1 will provide an introduction to entrepreneurship by examining ideas, products, and opportunities. In unit 2, you will learn about the basics of market research, including how to identify an opportunity. The next unit in the course will focus on business plans, why these plans are important, and will give you a chance to practice composing a business plan. In the final unit of the course, we will present basics for funding a business and will help you create a persuasive presentation, or pitch, based on a business plan. Unless otherwise noted, all course materials are available for re-use, repurposing and free distribution under a Creative Commons 4.0 Attribution license. Supplemental reading materials were provided by Newsela, which publishes daily news articles at a level that's just right for each English language learner....

DA
Oct 1, 2020

All thanks to Mrs Nichols and Mr. Redeil.\n\nI am looking forword to be in physical touch with Mrs. Nichol and Mr. Redeil. , I have lernt so much from them and their education method was so effective.

N
Jun 18, 2020

This is a great course and best opportunity for anyone who wish to start business. A knowledge and skill imparted in this course will definitely help anyone to start a business and become successful

226 - 250 of 1,175 Reviews for English for Business and Entrepreneurship

By Marie C M

it was a best learning experience. I learn a lot. I enrich my english vocabularies. I improve my business and entrepreneurship knowlegde.

By Zulkifli

Very helpful, Enroll and learn for free and you can choose whether you want to grab the certificate with some of Dollar or just learn for free completely

By Lucas M O

Apr 4, 2020

A simultaneously very accessible and comprehensive course, for English and Business learners to begin their journeys or to revisit some essential topics

By Geandra S d S F

Jun 21, 2016

I am in love for this course. Unfortunately, in the first week I did not had much time to study and know I am late, but I will certainly catch up rhythm.

By Oraya S

Mar 23, 2020

I have learned a lot of technical vocabulary that are extremely useful for my future career. I am gain more confidence and knowledge due to this course.

By Ayako S Y

Jun 26, 2016

This is great course for both Entrepreneurship learning and English.

I was happy to have a opportunity to learn those with wonderful teachers.

From Tokyo.

By Kuan H L U

Jun 17, 2016

Excelente curso para no nativos del idioma inglés, y que quieran tener mayor entendimientos en los negocios, y del vocabulario necesario para el mismo.

By Pattira P

Apr 10, 2020

Really good course ever I had learn this course before when I was in the uni but I don't understand but this course make me understand more thank you.

By Yuliya C

Oct 16, 2019

Курс дал практические навыки составления упрощенной модели бизнес плана, понимание роли предпринимателя, и помог в составлении 60 - 90 секундной речи

By Shifat-E-Monzur

Mar 30, 2019

very interactive and valuable course. learned many things. Special thanks to the awesome course teachers. Wishing them a very good future. thank you.

By Edil A

Sep 10, 2017

is a very exciting course, thanks for the class and with this i have more skills for understand the english of business, the teachers are very good.

By Lety C

Sep 6, 2020

Un curso sumamente práctico y bien estructurado, de gran ayuda para los emprendedores y empresarios que desean afinar sus habilidades empresariales.

By Jessica J B

Jun 14, 2020

This was an amazing course, I could learn a lot about basic business process, my vocabulary totally improved, the instructors very good, not boring.

By Ivan G

May 9, 2020

Very like this course. Very helpful for international people as well who want to understand the basics of the business and steps to be entrepreneur.

By Jose I V J

May 6, 2018

Very good course. Thank you Amy and James for your good pronunciation and your complete explanation. I hope see you again. Best regards from Europe.

By Emin M

May 26, 2016

İ would like to mention that, This course was my first enrolment. I enjoy and really learn a lot of things about entrepreneurship,business plan i.e.

By Fathima F H

May 22, 2020

this is so much valuable course, i learned lot and it given me so new ideas too, i m happy i passed out the course with excellent grades, Thank you

By Karla C S H

Feb 5, 2019

This Course has been a great source of knowledge in simple words and activities, helping me encrease my vocabulary, and vision of businesses world

By yuji k

Aug 10, 2016

This course was great for me. I could gain a lot of knowledge of entrepreneurship. If there is another course like this, I will 100% sure take it.

By Hernan D O C

Jan 31, 2020

This course challenges you to learn with different kind of assessments. Information is clear and simple for an ESL student. I fully recommend it.

By abdul h y

Mar 17, 2018

very useful course, recommend to all people who want to improve their English skill beyond knowing much more about business and entrepreneurship.

By Marcelo O

Aug 9, 2020

The English course is great, clear and easy to understand. For me it was a great value and I will continue study this amazing powerful Language.

By Pankaj K

Jun 1, 2020

This course has a great content as basic of entrepreneurship like how to write business plans, how funding works, how market research works etc.

By Nacarid R

Mar 3, 2019

It is a very didactic and simple course for learning. It goes to the grain and helps you improve your English in English. I recommend it

Thank!