Back to English for Business and Entrepreneurship

Learner Reviews & Feedback for English for Business and Entrepreneurship by University of Pennsylvania

Welcome to English for Business and Entrepreneurship, a course created by the University of Pennsylvania, and funded by the U.S. Department of State Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs, Office of English Language Programs. To enroll in this course for free, click on “Enroll now” and then select "Full Course. No certificate." This course is designed for non-native English speakers who are interested in learning more about the global business economy. In this course, you will learn about topics and language necessary to succeed in the international workplace. You will explore business English through authentic readings and video lectures, while learning about business vocabulary, concepts, and issues. Unit 1 will provide an introduction to entrepreneurship by examining ideas, products, and opportunities. In unit 2, you will learn about the basics of market research, including how to identify an opportunity. The next unit in the course will focus on business plans, why these plans are important, and will give you a chance to practice composing a business plan. In the final unit of the course, we will present basics for funding a business and will help you create a persuasive presentation, or pitch, based on a business plan. Unless otherwise noted, all course materials are available for re-use, repurposing and free distribution under a Creative Commons 4.0 Attribution license. Supplemental reading materials were provided by Newsela, which publishes daily news articles at a level that's just right for each English language learner....

DA
Oct 1, 2020

All thanks to Mrs Nichols and Mr. Redeil.\n\nI am looking forword to be in physical touch with Mrs. Nichol and Mr. Redeil. , I have lernt so much from them and their education method was so effective.

N
Jun 18, 2020

This is a great course and best opportunity for anyone who wish to start business. A knowledge and skill imparted in this course will definitely help anyone to start a business and become successful

301 - 325 of 1,177 Reviews for English for Business and Entrepreneurship

By MARYLYN M M V

Jul 6, 2020

I learned a lot and improved my English skills. It was easy to learn and I really enjoyed doing my research and lessons.

By Zeynep P

I believe this course helps you to improve yourself if you interest to start new business in english speaking countries.

By Grace

Apr 28, 2020

This curse gives so many details and is complete. I learned many new words and my English vocabulary has been enriched!!

By Matias A

Sep 29, 2019

Very good material and clarity in the concepts, I found it very useful to resume studies of English as a second language

By Mariia S

Mar 11, 2019

Thank you! Now I know about crowdfunding, interest, venture capitalism and elevator pitch. This course is useful for me!

By Ravi B

Jul 13, 2016

A very good course structured to help non-native English speakers and to those who want to get into an entrepreneurship.

By Amalia N H

Jun 22, 2016

Excelente curso, desafortunadamente no tuve el tiempo necesario, me gustaría obtener la retroalimentación de los quices.

By Víctor R F

May 20, 2016

Actualmente estoy en este curso y me ha parecido muy bueno. Me gustan los quizzes y los juegos para repasar el material.

By David A N

Oct 16, 2020

This is a great course, I learned a lot of vocabulary about bussines and other topics, thanks a lot. 100% recommended!!

By VATTEM M

May 9, 2020

This course is really helpful to me. I really thanks the lectures of this course. I have learnt a lot from this course.

By Leon M

Mar 5, 2017

Great course for those interested to increase their knowledge of business creation, management, operation and strategy.

By Salimu M

Nov 24, 2018

It is a very good course with very good instructors, surely I enjoyed and learnt many business skills from the course.

By Denis V

Jun 13, 2016

Many thanks for this course. I take a lot of information about business and enterpreneurship.

Best regards

Denis Vaschuk

By Cinzia S

Jun 3, 2020

This course as given me the opportunity to learn more about communication, confidence and of course business writing.

By Aswin R R

Dec 5, 2019

A very helpful course to improve your business communication and writing. I also learned a lot of new business terms.

By Jeevanshu D

Jun 22, 2018

It is easy to understand and an extremely efficient method to learn simple English for business and entrepreneurship.

By Gerardo M C

Jul 12, 2020

This course give me the opportunity to learn more skills to try something different in my life.

Thank you very much.

By Thuan N

May 12, 2020

Thanks for the course and your effort in making such an interesting lesson. I enjoyed the business pitch parts much!

By Alex M

Apr 1, 2019

I think is a useful tool for people who wants to improve their English level and at the same time are learn a topic

By Joyce C S

May 28, 2017

Excellent and Complete Course, very ease to learn, great teachers with clear speach, with a great tips to use daily.

By Yoganand L P

Jan 25, 2019

Very helpful course. It clears concepts about entrepreneurship and enhances English language skills. Great course!!

By Hoai A L

Aug 26, 2017

It is really useful for me. I had an opportunity to enrich my knowledge of English and Business. Thank you so much!

By Nayla G

Jun 1, 2020

I really enjoyed the whole course. It is very easy to follow the lesson and very enjoyable. I highly recommend it.

By Angela R Q

May 4, 2019

Thank you so much for offering this course. I am a little less scared about starting my own business. Thank you.

By Nhật-Thụy N

Dec 4, 2016

I have gained so much knowledge after 5 weeks with this course. Highly recommend to non-English speaking students.