Back to English for Business and Entrepreneurship

Learner Reviews & Feedback for English for Business and Entrepreneurship by University of Pennsylvania

Welcome to English for Business and Entrepreneurship, a course created by the University of Pennsylvania, and funded by the U.S. Department of State Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs, Office of English Language Programs. To enroll in this course for free, click on “Enroll now” and then select "Full Course. No certificate." This course is designed for non-native English speakers who are interested in learning more about the global business economy. In this course, you will learn about topics and language necessary to succeed in the international workplace. You will explore business English through authentic readings and video lectures, while learning about business vocabulary, concepts, and issues. Unit 1 will provide an introduction to entrepreneurship by examining ideas, products, and opportunities. In unit 2, you will learn about the basics of market research, including how to identify an opportunity. The next unit in the course will focus on business plans, why these plans are important, and will give you a chance to practice composing a business plan. In the final unit of the course, we will present basics for funding a business and will help you create a persuasive presentation, or pitch, based on a business plan. Unless otherwise noted, all course materials are available for re-use, repurposing and free distribution under a Creative Commons 4.0 Attribution license. Supplemental reading materials were provided by Newsela, which publishes daily news articles at a level that's just right for each English language learner....

DA
Oct 1, 2020

All thanks to Mrs Nichols and Mr. Redeil.\n\nI am looking forword to be in physical touch with Mrs. Nichol and Mr. Redeil. , I have lernt so much from them and their education method was so effective.

N
Jun 18, 2020

This is a great course and best opportunity for anyone who wish to start business. A knowledge and skill imparted in this course will definitely help anyone to start a business and become successful

51 - 75 of 1,211 Reviews for English for Business and Entrepreneurship

By Kanwara G

Apr 4, 2019

I recommend this course for someone who works in business area. There are many words that I thought I had been using them correctly, but I was wrong. Additionally, there are many techniques for you to write some important things within a short period of time. I love how they organize this course. Thank you all the teachers and the supporters of this course.

By Ganapati K

May 3, 2020

Excellent course, While there are plenty of courses by doing which one can learn and become fluent in English, this course combines the language skills necessary with basic knowledge required for Business and Entrepreneurship. The teachers did it in a lucid and simple style, can be easily grasped even by those for whom English is not their native tongue

By Jose A R N

Jul 13, 2017

My name is Jose Antonio from Brazil. I am looking for a new Data Scientist career (https://www.linkedin.com/in/joseantonio11)

I did this course to complete my CV in English to the area of Data Science.

The course was excellent and the classes well taught by teachers.

Congratulations to Coursera team and Instructors.

Regards.

Jose Antonio.

By Sandra N

It was a very useful experience for me to follow this course. I needed this type of course since very long. I have been working with children studying Enterprise who have difficulties to communicate in English. These very clearly explained notes, with simple and straightforward vocabularies were very helpful. Thank you very much.

By Irene S

Jun 3, 2020

This course has really provided me with some of the most crucial information about entrepreneurship. I love how the articles are mostly based on study cases. The videos also help us to gain insight into some of the most basic skills that an entrepreneur should have. The English lesson is also integrated well within the curriculum.

By Enkhbold D

Nov 9, 2020

This course contributed my English skills, business knowledge, especially who is an entrepreneur, what does mean a business plan, why important in communication using connectors, questions, compliments, intensifiers, passive voice, and hooks.

Thank you very much for your contribution. I wish you the best in your future successes.

By John C V

Jul 5, 2020

This course is highly recommended for initiating your business and entrepreneurship skills. It will give you knowledge in the English language and has additional concepts that grasp your understanding of how business works. Chiefly, this course is extraordinary because the foundation of business and entrepreneurship is acquired.

By Karoline A

Sep 12, 2020

This course was way more interactive than I thought. I thought that had some tips about grammar and about language in business ( in fact there is ) but it is approached in a way the student would not only learn about business communication but also in a resumed way all the structure of a start-up business and entrepreneurship.

By KHADIJA B

Jan 15, 2021

This course is interesting. This is a great opportunity for anyone who want to improve their level in English and to learn more about how to start a business and be a great and successful entrepreneur.

Thanks to Mrs. Nichols & Mr. Riedel for their effort. I appreciated your caring disposition and teaching style.

Best regards,

By Anne C

Jul 25, 2020

This is one of the most interesting courses I have taken in years. The instructors are two of the very best educators I've encountered. Each day I looked forward to optimum learning with the determination to complete the course in good standing. Thank you Coursera for an AWESOME opportunity!

In appreciation,

Anne Cummings

By Firman A

May 5, 2020

This is my first course on English Language on this platform.

The lecturers are great and syllabus is very systematic.

I learnt lots of things here related to Business English. Without my knowledge it's not just learning English but learning business too from startup, bootstrap to business pitching.

I am addicted to this!

By Ninette P

Oct 17, 2018

It is an amazing course for those who are interested in entrepreneurship and marketing too. It has a lot of new vocabulary really useful for every day. I love the fact that Americans teach me. because it has really helped me with my pronunciation. All the activities are really interesting and helpful. Give it a try!

By Aye T M

Jun 1, 2020

I had no idea about entrepreneurship before I attended this course.This course helped me understand more about how to plan and start a business as well as it has improved my listening and writing skills.I am glad that I chose this course to attend as this course increased my knowledge in business and entrepreneurship.

By Jefferson D S

Jan 12, 2020

Excellent basic course. Teachers have good teaching didactics. The assignments are interesting. I really appreciated this course. I'd like to thank the University of Pennsylvania for offering courses like this for people like me who wants to improve their English skills and entrepreneurship knowledge at the same time.

By Hilda R Z

Apr 20, 2020

I really enjoyed the course. It helped me to improve my knowledge of the English used for business and also to organize my ideas and create my own Business Plan. I would recommend this course to students who are learning English as a Second Language and would like to improve their business vocabulary. Thank you!

By Shchetinina O

May 2, 2017

I enjoyed working with such talented mentors. Thanks to this course, I improved my English skills, got acquainted with the basic concepts in the field of business and entrepreneurship, got great experience in communicating with native speakers and expanded my horizons. Thank you so much for this wonderful course!

By Joshua T

Feb 28, 2019

I'm so thankful to Coursera. It helps me lot to understand various things when it comes to Business and Entrepreneurship. It taught me lesson like, intensifiers, word compliments, etc. Coursera also let me develop my own thinking skills. I appreciate the overall help of Coursera to me and to the other users.

By okba b

Nov 18, 2020

this course from Coursera is an absolute mind opener for everyone who seeks to understand business & Entrepreneurship while learning vocabulary that is related to this field, i have learned a several priceless skills starting from launching a business to write a persuasive business plan and elevator pitch.

By Supot S

May 15, 2020

It is a wonderful course overall. The course provides an essential knowledge for people who want to start their own business or project. However, the course gives students a fundamental knowledge to the business and entrepreneurship, so students still need to keep developing their skills after this class.

By Paulina S

I really enjoyed this course.That was my first attemption at Busiess and Entrepreneurship but definitely not the last one. The teachers were amazing and were bringing the knowledge in simple language which could be understood by everyone. I enjoyed doing my assignments and quizzes. definitely recoomend

By Faraaz M A

May 4, 2020

Top-Tier course, The teachers made the topic so understandable. The Quizzes made sure that I understood every part. The language is made so easy to understand. Everyone can do this no matter what country they're from because the language used is simple. I can't believe this is free. Thank you so much <3

By ALEJANDRO H

Oct 2, 2019

For me is an excellent course, I enjoyed it a lot, it was fun, clear and incredibly well designed for non native English speakers, really appreciate that you offer this for everyone.

Thank you a lot to the professors, University of Pennsylvania and the Department of State of the United States of America.

By Tanya Y

Jan 15, 2019

This course was very helpful for me, I learned many things in English language and business communication together. All videos were very clear with good volume, synchronize well. There are many quizzes - it was very interesting. I definitely recommended this course to improve English and get much more.

By Dhanu S

Jun 25, 2020

I really felt hard understanding even a basic discussion that happens about business. I also had no clear understanding on the loans and finance. This course is really useful for beginners like me who would want to learn about business. All the concepts are described in a very simple and clear manner.

By Lingwen Q

Apr 28, 2020

Very helpful, I have learned about so many skills of how to write a BP, I didn't even notice that there are so many details that I need to pay attention, the tone, the word choices, and sentence structures. I am glad this course is open to everyone and I could take it as a free self-improvement class.