Back to English for Business and Entrepreneurship

Learner Reviews & Feedback for English for Business and Entrepreneurship by University of Pennsylvania

Welcome to English for Business and Entrepreneurship, a course created by the University of Pennsylvania, and funded by the U.S. Department of State Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs, Office of English Language Programs. To enroll in this course for free, click on “Enroll now” and then select "Full Course. No certificate." This course is designed for non-native English speakers who are interested in learning more about the global business economy. In this course, you will learn about topics and language necessary to succeed in the international workplace. You will explore business English through authentic readings and video lectures, while learning about business vocabulary, concepts, and issues. Unit 1 will provide an introduction to entrepreneurship by examining ideas, products, and opportunities. In unit 2, you will learn about the basics of market research, including how to identify an opportunity. The next unit in the course will focus on business plans, why these plans are important, and will give you a chance to practice composing a business plan. In the final unit of the course, we will present basics for funding a business and will help you create a persuasive presentation, or pitch, based on a business plan. Unless otherwise noted, all course materials are available for re-use, repurposing and free distribution under a Creative Commons 4.0 Attribution license. Supplemental reading materials were provided by Newsela, which publishes daily news articles at a level that's just right for each English language learner....

DA
Oct 1, 2020

All thanks to Mrs Nichols and Mr. Redeil.\n\nI am looking forword to be in physical touch with Mrs. Nichol and Mr. Redeil. , I have lernt so much from them and their education method was so effective.

N
Jun 18, 2020

This is a great course and best opportunity for anyone who wish to start business. A knowledge and skill imparted in this course will definitely help anyone to start a business and become successful

76 - 100 of 1,207 Reviews for English for Business and Entrepreneurship

By Cesar M A

Apr 20, 2020

Amazing course. What i like the most, is that the course is more focused on the business topics rather than English grammar, but it does not mean that through this course I have not learn anything about English grammar, on the contrary it was the perfect mix to improve business and English knowledge.

By SUSANA A

Oct 31, 2020

I found it very well designed and it helped me a lot to get confidence on my English and also to have the necessary knowledge on Entrepreneurship for my career. The section of vocabulary with flash cards is excellent!! It helped me a lot to review my progress on English for business vocabulary.

By Sambath S

Sep 25, 2018

COURSERA is an excellent online web portal teaches Soft skills, English and many in a professional manner. I really got inspired by the coaching given faculty of Pennsylvania University, I strongly recommend COURSERA for my peers to enroll and gain knowledge, confident and develop their skills.

By Muhammad H P

Dec 31, 2019

15-years-old non-native speaker here. This courses really help me to improve my vocabulary, and of course helping me to get more understanding about business like how it created and operated. I'm sure this courses is my first stepping-stone to reach my dream of creating a business mega empire.

By Tihana G

Feb 19, 2020

The course has really helped develop my vocabulary and gave me a close insight in business and entrepreneurship that I previously haven't learned. It moved my limits and made me try something new. It has also helped me on developing the idea for my own business! I would recommend it any time!

By Barry O K

Jul 17, 2016

This course is helping me with my English as well as its giving me notions and concepts that will help me while i'll be setting up my own business. The lecturers are excellent and make it easy for us students to learn. Anyone interested in both, English and business should start this course.

By Aline A d P

Dec 21, 2018

It is an excellent course taught by extremely qualified teachers. Many thanks Coursera for giving us this opportunity, including from the beginning I recommend the site to everyone I know. Thank you very much for the shared knowledge, this improves our personal and professional development.

By Alejandro M

Sep 22, 2018

Amy and James did a great job. It was my first Coursera course and it has been a great experience.

Besides the knowledge, I get more confidence in my english language skills.

Thanks to the course I realize the importance of social entrepreneurship, of helping others to get a better life.

By Hayley K

Jan 10, 2021

It helped a lot me to learn English and entrepreneurship at the same time. It definitely was a fun journey taking this course. Many thanks to professor Nichols and professor Riedel. I hope that I will be able to take some business courses face to face in UPEN one day!

Sincerely, Hyerin Kim

By Ivo C

Feb 18, 2020

Amazing course. The instructors have simplified very complex concepts in a very effective way. Assessments are extremely useful to get a better grasp of the theory. I strongly recommend this course to anyone who decides to approach the interesting world of business and entrepreneurship.

By Juan C M D

Jun 17, 2016

This has been the most exciting learning experience since I left university.

I am very thankful to have had the guidance of Amy Nichols and James Riedel. Their kind smiles were always inviting me to keep up.

I will definitely recommend this course.

Juan Carlos Melo

By Muhammad H R

Sep 4, 2019

This course was very helpful, especially because I started off not knowing anything about business and entrepreneurship. Moreover, I learned a lot of new English vocabulary. The course was also well paced and explained. I certainly did learn a lot of things from this course.

By Tania G M

Oct 12, 2020

Excellent course for beginners and intermediates.

Our surveys show that 80% of respondents are willing to try a new textile umbrella stand.

The umbrella stand is an excellent business opportunity. Here’s my card. Please feel free to contact me if you would like to know more.

By David C B

Oct 16, 2016

In my opinion the course is very complete. I've learned enough vocabulary related to the business world, plus expressions and strategies as well as the problems and steps as an entrepreneur. The platform is dynamic, helping to learn. In summary, a highly recommended course!

By Claudio A S B

Jun 18, 2016

I really enjoyed this course, it is very detailed and the instructions were crystal clear. The instructors were very good because they did their best to explain difficult concepts in an easy way. Also, the materials were very helpful and practical to understand the topics.

By Kashif A

May 15, 2020

Hello My Name is Kashif Ali and I'm from Pakistan. I am very thankful especially to U.S State Department of Educational and Cultural Affairs, Coursera and University of Pennsylvania who give me a chance to learn with Worlds Best Quality Education at my own pace & comfort.

By Pedro C P G P

May 12, 2020

Really good course! If you are a begginer with the english language, this is the perfect course to learn more, if tou already speak in english this course is perfect to practice and improve your skills. It was good to learn some technical words that you don't use everyday

By Mekha B C

Dec 29, 2020

English for Business and Entrepreneurship is very use full course for those who like to develop their skill and ideas it makes me more confident for start Business, a lot ideas sharing and practices as well,

Thank you Coursera Team, Hope I will learn more and more.

By Thet H S

Oct 6, 2020

This course is the best course I have ever attended. I could improve not only my English skills but also business and entrepreneurship skills. The lecturers are very professional and their teaching styles are very easy to understand and knowledgeable. Thank you.

By Paulo R d O J

Jun 21, 2020

Gostei bastante do curso. Foi muito útil para alavancar meus conhecimentos com a língua inglesa e serviu também para aprender expressões do mundo dos negócios e de empreendedorismo. Agradeço pelas aulas e pelo valioso ensinamento proporcionado.

Att.,

Paulo Roberto.

By Giulia F

May 13, 2020

A very well structured course for learning and improving english skills and terms in regarding Business and Entrepreneurship. The lectures are easy to understand and the assignments help you to use the skills you've just learned. A good base for my future career!

By Michelle K D R

This course could offer me a really good knowledge surround English for business and entrepreneurship. I can't afford for more courses but the experience that I had here it was great. I had the best teacher ever! Thank you for all the support Coursera Community.

By Solomon O U

This course is very informative and up-building. It is not just for English Language testing and training , but a general business and entrepreneurship skill acquisition. I am glad to acquire this unique short but intensive training with a worthy certificate.

By Bruna L A C

Aug 5, 2020

This course helped to develop my English and all the other skills involved in a second language. The incredible teachers and one of the best teachers I have ever seen. Besides all this, it has added a lot to all the ambitions of Business, which I do college.

By Giuliano M

Jul 12, 2017

This a great way to improve the vocabulary and knowledge about business and entrepreneurship. This course provides assessment that encourages the student through videos and others kinds of media. I really like the methodology of this course and recommend it.