Back to English for Business and Entrepreneurship

Learner Reviews & Feedback for English for Business and Entrepreneurship by University of Pennsylvania

Welcome to English for Business and Entrepreneurship, a course created by the University of Pennsylvania, and funded by the U.S. Department of State Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs, Office of English Language Programs. To enroll in this course for free, click on “Enroll now” and then select "Full Course. No certificate." This course is designed for non-native English speakers who are interested in learning more about the global business economy. In this course, you will learn about topics and language necessary to succeed in the international workplace. You will explore business English through authentic readings and video lectures, while learning about business vocabulary, concepts, and issues. Unit 1 will provide an introduction to entrepreneurship by examining ideas, products, and opportunities. In unit 2, you will learn about the basics of market research, including how to identify an opportunity. The next unit in the course will focus on business plans, why these plans are important, and will give you a chance to practice composing a business plan. In the final unit of the course, we will present basics for funding a business and will help you create a persuasive presentation, or pitch, based on a business plan. Unless otherwise noted, all course materials are available for re-use, repurposing and free distribution under a Creative Commons 4.0 Attribution license. Supplemental reading materials were provided by Newsela, which publishes daily news articles at a level that's just right for each English language learner....

DA
Oct 1, 2020

All thanks to Mrs Nichols and Mr. Redeil.\n\nI am looking forword to be in physical touch with Mrs. Nichol and Mr. Redeil. , I have lernt so much from them and their education method was so effective.

N
Jun 18, 2020

This is a great course and best opportunity for anyone who wish to start business. A knowledge and skill imparted in this course will definitely help anyone to start a business and become successful

151 - 175 of 1,208 Reviews for English for Business and Entrepreneurship

By Luis O S M

May 14, 2020

Excelente Curso lo recomiendo, fue mi primer curso y me quedaron ganas de seguir obteniendo certificaciones, lo recomiendo demasiado, profesores expertos en el tema y muy buenos.

FELICIDADES Y MUCHAS GRACIAS.

By Darshan P

May 2, 2020

I really impressed by the course and I learnt a lot of things from this course about improving English and business strategies. I am really thankful to the faculty and the University of Penn for this course.

By Lana B

Jun 22, 2016

Great course ! Easy, well structured, I also enjoyed different reading tasks for intermediate and advanced levels. Short videos, various types of tasks to complete - readings, quizzes, audios and videos etc.

By Anderson B P

May 4, 2020

A great course. I learned how to be even more confident about my english skills, and how to organize and plan a business strategy, making clear to me how to avoid common mistakes in an entrepreneurship way.

By Sueudo G d S

Apr 10, 2020

I thought sensational, the content was clear and easy to understand, I got to put my knwledg in prove and test if I hadunderstood completely. The classmates help me also e and the teachers were incredibles.

By Andrés F V V

Jul 5, 2020

It is a good course for people who wants to learn new basic business vocabulary and have new business templates for doing a survey, a business plan, and an elevator pitch. I strongly recommend this course.

By Leandro F

Jan 21, 2020

Great contents and great professors. An entertaining way of improving vocabulary while learning business strategies, common entrepreneurship practices, and ways of adding impact to my speech. Great course!

By Ira I

Nov 21, 2019

Great course, teachers explain, everything is accessible and understandable. I learned a lot from this course. Even if you do not know English very well, everything is understood.

By Jacky H

May 7, 2017

This course is great. There are basic articles and advanced articles, and you can choose.

That makes it easy for non-native English speakers to understand.

I hope people would make courses like this more.

By Douglas B

Mar 7, 2018

Very Comprehensive step by step way of teaching and learning outside the classroom. I have learnt alot.

About the Certificate, not all of us can afford it, so if you could do something about it. Thanks

By Diyaa e A

Oct 2, 2020

All thanks to Mrs Nichols and Mr. Redeil.

By Petrov A Y

Nov 26, 2016

It's a very helpful course. I've learned many new words and got acquaintance with entrepreneurship. I strongly advise other coursera students to try this course. Thanks to the perfect instructors.

By Julian G O

Oct 5, 2020

It's a great business english course because the teachers share you vocabulary, sentences, strategies, examples and excercises to better your english and entrepreneurship business skills.

Thanks!

By Wakana M

May 18, 2016

We can learn not only Basicaly English but also Business and Entreprneurship.Thank you for kindness staffs and classmatesHowever you needs computer , Android application software is not perfect.

By Jehison E B P

Jul 19, 2020

Es un curso muy bueno para los no hablantes. Me divertí mucho con cada una de las actividades y los vídeos, los cuales están cargados de mucho conocimiento. Gracias a Coursera y la Universidad.

By Francesca G

Apr 28, 2020

This was a very interesting course. The teachers are very clear and the lessons are short so people can stop or continue in any time. I will strong recommend Coursera courses to all my friends.

By Haroon A

Aug 2, 2019

excellent course , contains various skills such as language skills ,business skills : plan , marketing , fund raising skills , and enterpreneurship skills ,thank you so much for this course

By KATIUSHKA H

Aug 6, 2020

Hi there! I was very exciting and enjoyed it very much, thanks so much both great teachers. i think i acquired some important knowledge that would be very useful in my new entrepreneurship.

By Miriam R

Jun 10, 2019

Un curso muy bien estructurado y planeado, con recursos externos para mayor entendimeinto de la lección, muy completo en aspectos generales sobre empredimiento y áreas de la administración.

By Sri K

Jun 17, 2020

I have learnt lot of new information on this online course. Mentors nicely explain the same. Way of assessment totally different. I like it very much. Convey my thanks to courses community

By Carlos F H P

Mar 26, 2020

Pretty good course and well organized and professors are great. The course is so introductory; it would be great to have an intermediate or advance one to continue this interesting topic.

By María L A

May 4, 2020

It was an excellent course. I expected a Business English course and ended up knowing a lot more about entrepreneurship. It was concise, clear, and very educational. I really enjoyed it!

By Diego A P T

Jan 8, 2020

Excellent teachers, in this course you improve your level of English, while you learn business and entrepreneurship. Thank you for sharing your knowledge with us. Greetings from Colombia

By Chu H T

Jun 17, 2019

The course is very good for me. It brings a lot of benefits about business knowledge, how to make a survey and how to make business plan,etc. Both of lecturers are very good, enthusiasm.