Back to English for Business and Entrepreneurship

Learner Reviews & Feedback for English for Business and Entrepreneurship by University of Pennsylvania

Welcome to English for Business and Entrepreneurship, a course created by the University of Pennsylvania, and funded by the U.S. Department of State Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs, Office of English Language Programs. To enroll in this course for free, click on “Enroll now” and then select "Full Course. No certificate." This course is designed for non-native English speakers who are interested in learning more about the global business economy. In this course, you will learn about topics and language necessary to succeed in the international workplace. You will explore business English through authentic readings and video lectures, while learning about business vocabulary, concepts, and issues. Unit 1 will provide an introduction to entrepreneurship by examining ideas, products, and opportunities. In unit 2, you will learn about the basics of market research, including how to identify an opportunity. The next unit in the course will focus on business plans, why these plans are important, and will give you a chance to practice composing a business plan. In the final unit of the course, we will present basics for funding a business and will help you create a persuasive presentation, or pitch, based on a business plan. Unless otherwise noted, all course materials are available for re-use, repurposing and free distribution under a Creative Commons 4.0 Attribution license. Supplemental reading materials were provided by Newsela, which publishes daily news articles at a level that's just right for each English language learner....

DA
Oct 1, 2020

All thanks to Mrs Nichols and Mr. Redeil.\n\nI am looking forword to be in physical touch with Mrs. Nichol and Mr. Redeil. , I have lernt so much from them and their education method was so effective.

N
Jun 18, 2020

This is a great course and best opportunity for anyone who wish to start business. A knowledge and skill imparted in this course will definitely help anyone to start a business and become successful

1076 - 1100 of 1,177 Reviews for English for Business and Entrepreneurship

By Stephanie A

Aug 5, 2017

Really useful to learn vocabulary and to get involved with the topics, easy to understand and they help you out with everything you need to understand. The assignments are very appropriate to learn. I liked it a lot.

By Emmanuel A

Very interesting Course. Topics like Business Plan & Elevator were made simple and understandable.The appropriate English for Business and Entrepreneurship was taught. Many thanks to Faculty and the Coursera Team.

By Knarik H A

Jun 8, 2020

It's really good for especially newbies in business or those with intermediate English knowledge. You'll learn a lot from vocabulary to basic business planning. Good luck on your journey guys!

By Lulama N

Jun 21, 2016

This course is really good. I came at it thinking I know English well and do not need to be taught like I'm a first grader. But I'm learning more about entrepreneurship. It is fantastic.

By Lena

Jun 14, 2020

Good for starters and entrepreneurs whose mothertongue is not English. The tasks you have to achieve every week are doable and keep you productive. Explaining videos are the best. :)

By AYA A

Jun 6, 2020

Hello Dear

It was a great experience for me, I have greatly benefited, and the lecturers have high communication skills that make students more attractive.

By Fatouma M

Apr 11, 2017

I will recommend this course to anyone who would want to start their own business. This course is also part of a start up process for your business to be successful.

By Muralidharan

Aug 2, 2020

I've learned many business terms and a lot about entrepreneurship. This is a very good course for beginners and intermediate learners. I personally like this course.

By Rubria M T G

The Business and Entrepreneurship English Course helps people develop marketing strategies and learn more in advanced English. Thank to the Teachers!!!!!

By Muhammad A R

Sep 11, 2019

Overall it's a fantastic course and it will help you in the future no matter what you do in life. Though I would like the teacher to talk a tad faster.

By Simonas G

Aug 12, 2020

4,5/5 Good info about the basics of business and entrepreneurship. I would of liked it to be faster paced but overall a good course for beginners :)

By Gian A

Sep 18, 2020

I really like the course in general, it was a little challenging but the teachers really help you a lot!

I've learned more than i knew, Thanks.

By Yamileth P P

Me ayudo a saber mas vocabulario de negocios y a conocer la pronunciacion y significado de algunos conceptos hasta ahora desconocidos para mi.

By Mario

Jul 19, 2020

The course is easy to follow-up, maybe more basic than what I expected. But still is a great start for small businesses and entrepreneurs.

By PULANE N P

a very engaging course that uplifted me. made so easy for one to keep learning. i enjoyed the games and the assignments. thank you so much

By shihuizoe

Sep 25, 2016

Possibly a bit too simple for an advanced English learner. However, first time ever to complete a business plan writing. Pride of myself!

By Dongju L

Jun 8, 2017

I can learn about Entrepreneurship. If my friend plans to be an entrepreneur or small business owner, then I will recommend this course!

By Alice T K A

Jul 28, 2020

Well structure in delivering the course of teaching and course works. I find it benefit me in the scope of content and steps guidance .

By JOSE D J R R

Jun 4, 2020

Great opportunity to learn about beginning a new business and how to prepare a business plan. It is a basic course, but it is helpful.

By Abena P N

Jul 16, 2019

This course has given me greater knowledge and understanding about world of business. I've been inspired to start my own business.

By Sandra D

Mar 13, 2017

It is good if you are looking for basic information, I did not finish the entire course, I think it was not right for me.

By JORGE s

I learned the most basic and important things to be a entrepreneur and do it. I feel good, but I must continue learning.

By SORO P A

Dec 8, 2018

Excellent online cours. But the sound of the cours less important, I would like that you review this. Thanks for all.

By Doaa A

Oct 23, 2016

Very good, I suggest this course for everyone search about improve reading skill and English for entrepreneurship.