Back to Game Theory

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Game Theory by Stanford University

Popularized by movies such as "A Beautiful Mind," game theory is the mathematical modeling of strategic interaction among rational (and irrational) agents. Beyond what we call `games' in common language, such as chess, poker, soccer, etc., it includes the modeling of conflict among nations, political campaigns, competition among firms, and trading behavior in markets such as the NYSE. How could you begin to model keyword auctions, and peer to peer file-sharing networks, without accounting for the incentives of the people using them? The course will provide the basics: representing games and strategies, the extensive form (which computer scientists call game trees), Bayesian games (modeling things like auctions), repeated and stochastic games, and more. We'll include a variety of examples including classic games and a few applications. You can find a full syllabus and description of the course here: http://web.stanford.edu/~jacksonm/GTOC-Syllabus.html There is also an advanced follow-up course to this one, for people already familiar with game theory: https://www.coursera.org/learn/gametheory2/ You can find an introductory video here: http://web.stanford.edu/~jacksonm/Intro_Networks.mp4...

WY

May 17, 2017

Great ! Interesting and abound at the same time. Hope Professors will clarify the strategic utility function more clearly because it's hard for students with poor math basic(forget most><) right now!

AJ

Apr 24, 2020

This is a really helpful course which provides me with a basic understanding of game theory, its applications and ways to solve certain games. Huge thanks to the professors who made these recordings.

101 - 125 of 643 Reviews for Game Theory

By Meet P

Apr 16, 2017

Thank you for giving me excellent information on game theory. It is very helpful course for me. Thank you Stanford University,The University of British Columbia and Coursera.

By Lei T

Oct 04, 2016

This course is really helpful for me to understand the game theory, and it's not hard to comprehend so this course is optimal for those who know little about the game theory.

By Rahul U

Jun 21, 2017

It is a course for students who are willing to learn something different other than the subjects in your domain of specialization.Excellent faculty,interesting assignments.

By Greg W

Jun 19, 2018

The first couple of weeks are relatively straightforward, but once the course gets stuck into material, it makes complicated topics fantastically simple (and interesting).

By Amit B

Feb 01, 2019

Awesome, this course is perfect for math-explorers and strategy lovers!! The in-depth knowledge provided was really wonderful! The assignments were also very interesting.

By Himansu V

Mar 31, 2018

One of the best courses I've taken so far. The tutors not only explain the concepts in a clear fashion, but also often encourages us to think simple solutions of our own.

By Konstantinos G

Jun 28, 2017

This course is really heplfull for people who cannot understand how important role the game theory has , even in our daily routine.Congratulations to all the instructors!

By Anders A

Apr 18, 2018

Fun intro to game theory. The tasks were illustrative, the lectures engaging, and the provided games to play both were a great for intuitive understanding of the games.

By Dhruv S

Sep 14, 2017

This was an amazing course. The explanations were brilliant. However, they could be slightly simplified or explained with little more examples!!But, I loved the course

By Amol G

Oct 25, 2019

The course is very interesting and the assignment problems require a lot of thinking. Game Theory is a very mentally stimulating topic and I enjoyed the course a lot.

By Eric A J C

Mar 20, 2019

Took this course while on freshman year, very good video lectures and explanations, I find it is a very complete introductory course and challenging in a good way.

By Гомза Д А

Feb 04, 2020

pretty nice course. You can learn some basic idea of game theory and able to do all in a good way even if you do not have some learning in this. Recommend so much

By Keval S

Dec 21, 2019

It was very interesting, fun and informative and I was able to apply this to a few decisions in life. It was explained extremely well and I understood everything.

By Manuel V

Nov 28, 2018

Un curso maravilloso que te abre a un mundo de nuevos conocimientos y nuevas experiencias de aprendizaje, que fortalecerá el desarrollo de competencias laborales.

By Francisco P A

Aug 24, 2020

Very good course. What I liked the most was that there were so many examples when teaching, not only theory that is ifficult to apply and imagine in exercises.

By José V S d M

Apr 20, 2019

It's very good course. I'm a student of Economics in Federal University of Pernambuco (Brazil) and this course got deep into the subject.

I really appreciate.

By Asmita D

Mar 21, 2020

The course is well suited for beginners. It teaches very well about the different types of game and how to solve them using logic and mathematical analysis

By Abhiraj H

Jul 01, 2017

Pretty challenging course.Requires dedication but provides a firm base for building up further knowledge.Looking forward to studying Advanced applications,

By Shaofeng L

Nov 17, 2019

This is a good fundamental course about some basic knowledge of the Game Theory. But for some advanced content, I don't recommend to choose this course.

By Ya-Che L

Apr 23, 2019

Very concise and professional course.

It helps me a lot for understanding Game theory.

I believe it will support me to pass my exam at Warwick university.

By Richard P

Jul 03, 2017

This is an excellent course for a fundamental understanding of Game Theory. Expect a decent amount of math and set notation. Would definitely recommend.

By Inigo J G F

Jul 31, 2020

It's been concise and entertaining all throughout. It's a great recommend to those who want to look behind the scenes of decision making within games.

By Amir A

Oct 28, 2018

Thanks a lot. I learned a lot. The Professors are explaining materials very nice. The quizzes are very well designed and covers the course materials.

By Paul A

Oct 20, 2017

Good course which I used to fill in the blanks from my classes in university (that didn't have recorded lectures). Scored a very decent grade after.

By Agam T

Sep 09, 2017

Amazing course on basics Game Theory. I loved it. Thank you Prof. Matthew O. Jackson, Prof. Kevin-Leyton Brown, Prof. Yoav Shoham and Coursera team.