Back to Game Theory

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Game Theory by Stanford University

Popularized by movies such as "A Beautiful Mind," game theory is the mathematical modeling of strategic interaction among rational (and irrational) agents. Beyond what we call `games' in common language, such as chess, poker, soccer, etc., it includes the modeling of conflict among nations, political campaigns, competition among firms, and trading behavior in markets such as the NYSE. How could you begin to model keyword auctions, and peer to peer file-sharing networks, without accounting for the incentives of the people using them? The course will provide the basics: representing games and strategies, the extensive form (which computer scientists call game trees), Bayesian games (modeling things like auctions), repeated and stochastic games, and more. We'll include a variety of examples including classic games and a few applications. You can find a full syllabus and description of the course here: http://web.stanford.edu/~jacksonm/GTOC-Syllabus.html There is also an advanced follow-up course to this one, for people already familiar with game theory: https://www.coursera.org/learn/gametheory2/ You can find an introductory video here: http://web.stanford.edu/~jacksonm/Intro_Networks.mp4...

WY
May 16, 2017

Great ! Interesting and abound at the same time. Hope Professors will clarify the strategic utility function more clearly because it's hard for students with poor math basic(forget most><) right now!

AS
Jan 26, 2019

Excellent course for beginners. Problem sets are very creative. No more further resources needed. I found this course specially useful if the purpose is to apply Game Theory in other disciplines.

126 - 150 of 717 Reviews for Game Theory

By Eric A J C

Mar 20, 2019

Took this course while on freshman year, very good video lectures and explanations, I find it is a very complete introductory course and challenging in a good way.

By Гомза Д А

Feb 4, 2020

pretty nice course. You can learn some basic idea of game theory and able to do all in a good way even if you do not have some learning in this. Recommend so much

By Keval S

Dec 21, 2019

It was very interesting, fun and informative and I was able to apply this to a few decisions in life. It was explained extremely well and I understood everything.

By Manuel V

Nov 27, 2018

Un curso maravilloso que te abre a un mundo de nuevos conocimientos y nuevas experiencias de aprendizaje, que fortalecerá el desarrollo de competencias laborales.

By Yasmin B

Apr 11, 2021

Some really interesting content. Accessible yet complex, this course makes you realise that every social and political interaction is actually a strategic game!

By Francisco P A

Aug 23, 2020

Very good course. What I liked the most was that there were so many examples when teaching, not only theory that is ifficult to apply and imagine in exercises.

By José V S d M

Apr 20, 2019

It's very good course. I'm a student of Economics in Federal University of Pernambuco (Brazil) and this course got deep into the subject.

I really appreciate.

By Asmita D

Mar 20, 2020

The course is well suited for beginners. It teaches very well about the different types of game and how to solve them using logic and mathematical analysis

By Abhiraj H

Jul 1, 2017

Pretty challenging course.Requires dedication but provides a firm base for building up further knowledge.Looking forward to studying Advanced applications,

By Shaofeng L

Nov 17, 2019

This is a good fundamental course about some basic knowledge of the Game Theory. But for some advanced content, I don't recommend to choose this course.

By Ya-Che L

Apr 23, 2019

Very concise and professional course.

It helps me a lot for understanding Game theory.

I believe it will support me to pass my exam at Warwick university.

By Richard P

Jul 3, 2017

This is an excellent course for a fundamental understanding of Game Theory. Expect a decent amount of math and set notation. Would definitely recommend.

By Ryan S

Jun 14, 2021

G​reat course, would definitely recommend to anyone willing to expand on their understanding of economics, fantastic teaching from course leaders also

By Inigo J G F

Jul 31, 2020

It's been concise and entertaining all throughout. It's a great recommend to those who want to look behind the scenes of decision making within games.

By Amir A

Oct 28, 2018

Thanks a lot. I learned a lot. The Professors are explaining materials very nice. The quizzes are very well designed and covers the course materials.

By Paul A

Oct 20, 2017

Good course which I used to fill in the blanks from my classes in university (that didn't have recorded lectures). Scored a very decent grade after.

By Agam T

Sep 8, 2017

Amazing course on basics Game Theory. I loved it. Thank you Prof. Matthew O. Jackson, Prof. Kevin-Leyton Brown, Prof. Yoav Shoham and Coursera team.

By Madhav S

Jun 11, 2020

A best online course available which provides so many thoughtful dimensions to apply Game Theory in real life scenarios. Highly recommended course.

By Kedar J

Mar 8, 2018

Great Game Theory 101 course. I am sure modeling real life situation is much more complex, and this course sets the stage for more advanced topics.

By Shubham S

Apr 1, 2017

There is nothing as such to mentioned from a beneficiary's end but thank you for bestowing me with the gist of this humongously significant topic

By Mariane d O A

Aug 6, 2020

I am thankful for being able to do this course. It was a challenge. In the end, everything was fine and the course fulfilled all my expectations.

By Тимур Б

Apr 2, 2017

I recommend it to everyone who wants to broaden their thinking and knowledge. To people with background in gaming this course will be to liking)

By Wilberth C

Oct 16, 2016

I belive that this course is usefull in computer science research, the discipline allow us to explore alternative soltions from other approaches.

By Nishant N

Oct 11, 2019

Great course. I see myself applying what I've learned in this course to real world situations, and that pretty much proves how much I liked it.

By LittleStone

Jan 13, 2018

A very good course to the beginner of Game Theory, I've learnt a lot of new things, thank you. I will continue to the successor course of this.