Back to Fundamentals of GIS

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Fundamentals of GIS by University of California, Davis

Explore the world of spatial analysis and cartography with geographic information systems (GIS). In this class you will learn the basics of the industry’s leading software tool, ArcGIS, during four week-long modules: Week 1: Learn how GIS grew from paper maps to the globally integrated electronic software packages of today. You will install ArcGIS on your computer and learn how to use online help to answer technical questions. Week 2: Open up ArcGIS and explore data using ArcMap. Learn the foundational concepts of GIS, how to analyze data, and make your first map. Week 3: Make your own maps! Symbolize data and create an eye-catching final product. Week 4: Share your data and maps and learn to store and organize your data. Take Fundamentals of GIS as a standalone course or as part of the Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Specialization. By completing the first class in the Specialization you will gain the skills needed to succeed in the full program. Students who need an ArcGIS license will receive a non-commercial, 1 year student license for participation in this course and specialization....

BJ

Dec 28, 2018

the content is awesome. i would recommend it to those who need to have some basic knowledge of GIS. it's very easy to learn the ArcGIS because of the instructions and demos given by the instructor.

JA

May 04, 2020

Muy buen curso, me sirvió mucho, aprendí demasiado sobre las cosas básicas y el profesor es muy bueno !! Super recomendado si no saben nada de GIS y están empezando a comprender las herramientas

26 - 50 of 1,138 Reviews for Fundamentals of GIS

By Adrian H

Jun 30, 2020

Nice course! Thanks a lot to the UCDavis team, Coursera and Nick Santos. The assignments guides are awesome. I suggest just to add a sort of index of tools and concepts. Thanks!

By Camila T J

Jul 01, 2020

I found the assignments very usefull to practice all the concepts learned in the lessons, and I really liked the last one were we had to demostrate all we've learned

By Shana

Great teacher. The only way you can learn this stuff is by doing the work, so don't take the class unless you are prepared to do the optional assignments.

By Ritu S

This is an excellent course. I have learned a lot from this course. Nick Santos is a great instructor. Thanks coursera for providing this opportunity.

By ERIC J

Jul 08, 2020

the best course i have ever taken in my entire life. this course provided with the best knowledge and skill i need to progress my career

By Kishan P S

Jul 04, 2020

Very interesting course, excellent presentation slides, explanation and appropriate practice assignments. Nicely delivered by Mr. Nick

By BELTRAN

Jul 03, 2020

One of the best courses ever made about GIS. Excellent instructor, excellent technique, excellent book and exercises recommendation.

By Zamil A L

It was an amazing journey. I prefer this course to everyone who wants to improve their skill regarding ArcGIS.

By Mennatallah H A

My main downside is the Extra readings section. I don't have the book nor do I have the ability to obtain it!

By Tysson S d C

The course added a lot of relevant information that I believed was advanced. Thank you very much!

By Sweelan R

Jul 01, 2020

I have learnt a great deal from this course. Very well put together. I'm excited to continue!

By Edgar C G T

It's a great beginning for someone that don't have idea about GIS I totally recommend.

By Arifunnahar

Coursera gave a opportunity to learned and enrich myself with a prudent community.

By Ashatai D

Jul 06, 2020

This is excellent and informative course to get GIS knowledge in details .

By Hugo F R V

Jun 01, 2020

es un curso bueno para aprender las bases de arcGIS. lo recomiendo

By Humberto G M

Jul 05, 2020

Very good. The course is well structured and easy to understand.

By Cristhian C O

Jul 10, 2020

This course was really helpful with my profession

By Chandler A

Jul 10, 2020

Very informative. Good overview of the basics.

By Himanshu y

This is a good course. I've learned very much.

By Gloria P

Jul 05, 2020

Very welcoming and clear introduction to GIS!

By Joshua S

Jun 29, 2020

Excellent introduction to GIS and Arcmap.

By Tim J

Jul 10, 2020

Great intro to GIS and ESRI products.

By Kayeron D B

Wonderful class! Very informative!

By Yoki S R

Great Courses, Awesome Teacher.

By Noor-E-Zannat S

Its very helpful.. Thanks a lot