Back to Java Programming: Arrays, Lists, and Structured Data

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Java Programming: Arrays, Lists, and Structured Data by Duke University

Build on the software engineering skills you learned in “Java Programming: Solving Problems with Software” by learning new data structures. Use these data structures to build more complex programs that use Java’s object-oriented features. At the end of the course you will write an encryption program and a program to break your encryption algorithm. After completing this course, you will be able to: 1. Read and write data from/to files; 2. Solve problems involving data files; 3. Perform quantitative analyses of data (e.g., finding maximums, minimums, averages); 4. Store and manipulate data in an array or ArrayList; 5. Combine multiple classes to solve larger problems; 6. Use iterables and collections (including maps) in Java....

CT

Jul 20, 2018

The course was pretty challenging (and occasionally frustrating) for a novice programmer, but doable.\n\nI enjoyed the course, and came away with a greater understanding of computers and programming.

GB

Mar 30, 2017

Good and practical training approach to solve real worlds problems. Assignments and quizzes are quite challenging and interesting. Greatly motivates us towards programming and problem solving skills.

1 - 25 of 254 Reviews for Java Programming: Arrays, Lists, and Structured Data

By Ong J R

Apr 19, 2019

Good intro to ArrayLists, HashMaps and HashSets, but assignments are very repetitive.

By Chris T

Feb 03, 2019

Best course ever

By Eugeny K

Nov 26, 2018

Great course. Was not easy for me.

Requires lots of work. Everything is structured very logically here and it helps a lot.

By Tanvir M

Jan 17, 2019

This course is build in step by step which is very easy for me to understood as a beginner.

By Limei W

Jan 08, 2019

I like the way the instructors to deliver their classes.

By kushagra A

Jan 09, 2019

Very intuitive course, Projects teach you how apply your knowledge and think through the program.

By Chung E ( C

Jan 24, 2019

Thanks! I learned a lot!

By tingting h

Feb 10, 2019

I love this course. I really learned a lot from this course. Thank you those awesome teachers.

By Talgatbek K

Jan 25, 2019

I really appreciated for the effort to make this course possible, I have learnt a lot and I like to think I am becoming better java programmer. I think I might need to do a lot more exercise to get better. I found quite difficult especially Gladlib and Vigenere Breaker. I work as an automation engineer and I write a code every day but this was good challenging tasks and I enjoyed working on it. I have had a lot of sleepless night where I was thinking how to solve the specific issue. Thank you so much.

By Willem v S

Feb 24, 2019

This is a very nice course. The teachers speak clearly and explain very well. The subject used to teach Java (cryptography) is interesting. Many thanks!

Kind regards, Wim

By Olaide A

Mar 16, 2019

Very insightful and challenging

By Jade F

Dec 17, 2018

The subject and assignment choices in the course are very practical and enjoyable - the emphasis on cryptography provides a lot of interesting discovery and by the end of the course you're easily cracking very complex encrypted messages. I thought that the log parsing exercises had a lot of real world usefulness for me personally as well.

The course will train you to quickly conceptualize how to solve problems by writing methods that fit assignment requirements and get you on your way to being able to talk about problem solving the way they do at job interviews. I highly recommend this java course - it felt like it had a lot of value all the way through.

By Mengfei W

Jul 29, 2018

This course taught me many useful data manipulation skills in java.

By Pedro B

Jan 15, 2016

Amazing course. It really gives your mind something to work.

By Vijay S

Nov 30, 2015

Great course!

By Crystiane M

Sep 09, 2016

The content is very good as well as the assignments are.

By Joseph G

Feb 27, 2017

The course itself is well put together and contains the perfect amount of challenge for students who have completed the previous Duke Java courses. I have come to enjoy the odd quirkiness of the instructors and their videos, as they seem to embrace the fact that they must remain a bit silly in order to effectively engage students in this format.

By Chew W Y

Jun 17, 2016

I found it incredibly challenging but worthwhile.