Back to Python Classes and Inheritance

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Python Classes and Inheritance by University of Michigan

This course introduces classes, instances, and inheritance. You will learn how to use classes to represent data in concise and natural ways. You'll also learn how to override built-in methods and how to create "inherited" classes that reuse functionality. You'll also learn about how to design classes. Finally, you will be introduced to the good programming habit of writing automated tests for their own code. The course is best-suited for you if you are already familiar with Python fundamentals, which are covered in the "Python Basics" and "Python Functions, Files, and Dictionaries" courses (courses 1 and 2 of the Python 3 Programming Specialization). It is optional to have taken the "Data Collection and Processing with Python" course (course 3 of the specialization), but knowledge of retrieving and processing complex nested data is helpful. This is the fourth of five courses in the Python 3 Programming Specialization....

BY
Dec 6, 2020

As always like how I told, there's no doubt about this being the best python course that you will ever find, and take it from a guy who never found interest in studying until now.\n\nThank you.

TY
Aug 12, 2020

Great course! A month ago I still knew nothing about programming. Now I can try to understand and write codes for a mini game, which is super cool. Many thanks to the teachers and Coursera.

26 - 50 of 403 Reviews for Python Classes and Inheritance

By Stella B

Aug 12, 2019

Amazing course! though the instruction in the last assessment are very vague and could be interpreted in couple of ways. I wish the Staff would have dedicate more time for the final assessment instructions and further breakdown each task. Some the things in the last assessment didn't make any sense and I had to trial and error many times until I solved the issue.

By Shubham T

Apr 24, 2020

This course, being a part of the specialization course, has made my several concepts clear.

I'm don't consider myself a coder, but yeah now i can cosider myself a programmer, a programmer who can think and analyze, what is happening inside the code. All thanks to University of Michigan.

Thankyou, instructors and a big thanks to all community members

By AMIT N 1

Honestly, enjoyed the teachers as much as the content I was learning. Little intimidating at first, I avoided it for a while before I decided to dedicate myself to it, and now it's like, the three weeks are up? Already? Was super comfortable with Java, and Python always felt foreign, but this course has now added a very personal element to it.

By MERVIN J

Jun 9, 2019

There was a big issue with the week three final project. Several blog post about the attribute type error for the getMove method for WOFComputerPlayer class. We should have better clues about what test case was run to generate that failure. Spent several hours of cleaning up the code and making sure the getMove method does not return None.

By Bikash D

Sep 8, 2019

The course is awesome. It deals with Python Classes and Inheritance and it also gives a taste of Unit Testing in Python and how it is done.

The course ends with a project 'Wheel of Fortune' where the students are made to write classes also use Inheritance so not to repeat code.

Overall it's a fantastic course and i loved it.

By Santiago A

Jul 6, 2020

Great course! It really complemented what I learnt in the Python for Everybody Specialization and it goes deeper on classes and inheritance. By no means you become an expert, but you get more practice and a project or two where you have to use it. The professors have a great pedagogic style and are very supportive.

By Jorus T

Aug 26, 2020

Nice way to help understand classes and inheritance, practices in between are very nice and helpful, as is the last, although not an easy one. All of the python courses are giving an excellent overview and detailed information on how python is working, how to use and what can be done with it. Thanks.

By Jinesh S

Jul 18, 2020

This is an excellent course when accompanied by the previous 3 courses in the specialization, this course provides in-depth knowledge about classes and their inheritance from Superclass. Really like the way that the instructors have given the information and knowledge about the subject!

By PANIDAPU H C

Apr 6, 2020

FIRST OF ALL I WOULD LIKE TO THANK ALL THE PROFESSORS AND INSTRUCTORS FOR THIS COURSE.THIS COURSE IS EXCELLENT. THE WAY OF TEACHING IS VERY VERY NICE.I LIKE PROFESSOR PAUL RESNICK VIDEOS.AND ALSO PROFESSOR STEVE ONEY'S TEACHING.I WOULD LIKE TO DO MORE AND MORE COURSES IN FUTURE.

By Noah M

May 12, 2020

The best MOOC I've taken, it's only the 5th.

Well-paced, the instructors are clear, methodical in how they speak to the point it makes you confident how different concepts fit together, and repetition of ideas is just right to enable the info to sink in.

Very impressed.

By Timothy B

This was probably the best of the modules so far. THIS is more what I am expecting coming from my field: a well thought out list of task to perform with expected inputs and outputs. Very little was left vague. While I can see many errors in the program, it works

By Sherlyn H

Oct 20, 2020

I really like this series. The assignment format with Runestone is excellent. Great feedback on code and coding errors. My only complaint is that the coding windows should be more adjustable now that the code is getting longer, there is lots of scrolling :(

By Jason J D

Jun 28, 2019

A wonderful course that covers various important topics like classes, inheritance, error handling, test cases, etc. The instructors, course material and assignments are truly wonderful. Must try for those doing other courses of this specialization.

By venu g g

Sep 5, 2020

Good and interesting course to take part in. Python Classes and Inheritance course adds strength to my career and academics too. thanks to University of Michigan for conducting such courses. and thanks to course instructors and organizing team

By Geevarghese G

Feb 18, 2020

Challenging and exciting coursework! Learned a lot of useful stuff about classes. The final project was simply a great experience! I recommend this coursework to anyone at an intermediate level of python, lacking the basics of python classes.

By Sridhar J

May 12, 2020

Concepts were well explained and final project was well thought out to reinforce the concepts taught. Django part was enlightening and created a awe about inheritance, but few more examples from application development would be great.

By Thejus U P

Aug 18, 2020

Best course in the python specialization. This course gives you strong understanding of python objects, how to override classes, and use inheritance. Anyone coming from C++ background will definitely appreciate this course.

By Tushar S

Jun 12, 2020

Liked the course very much. Felt that code was really fun but debugging makes it difficult some times so worry not 'test cases' are here to rescue. Thanks Prof. Michael, Prof. Paul and others for making it easy to complete.

By Desale F

Jun 27, 2020

This course have made clear my understanding of classes and inheritance. I have been working with other object oriented languages but I have never have such a clear understanding before. But now I am good at OOP concept.

By zhanna g

Dec 13, 2020

I think it is slightly complicated because I feel like there is a gap between the amount of information given and the final project. I know it is a MIT Course, but nevertheless i think that it has to be slightly easier.

By Tim F

Mar 7, 2020

I am new to programming. The lectures are very clear and the online textbook resource is excellent. I would highly recommend for novices who would like a thorough introduction to beginning to intermediate programming.

By Ayush P

Aug 11, 2020

Extremely useful content ..This is the first time I am working with OOP's , And the mentors in the course made that so much easy to understand and apply them to the assessment. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE COURSE.

By Ian M

Sep 24, 2020

Amazing! The first four courses of this certificate were fabulous! Thank you. The textbook is a lifesaver. So much fun and good for the soul. Thanks! Go, Blue! (Coming from a Gopher who works for the Badgers.)

By Sankarsh P

Jul 21, 2020

Great course! I learned about classes and inheritance, exception handling, testing in this course. I liked the final project very much, its a wheel of fortune game, everyone should definitely try this one.

By Steve L K A

Jun 5, 2019

Nice course! Course videos are structured in such a way that it introduces one concepts per video. The final assignment is very challenging especially the wheel of fortune assignment. Highly recommended!