Back to Robotics: Aerial Robotics

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Robotics: Aerial Robotics by University of Pennsylvania

How can we create agile micro aerial vehicles that are able to operate autonomously in cluttered indoor and outdoor environments? You will gain an introduction to the mechanics of flight and the design of quadrotor flying robots and will be able to develop dynamic models, derive controllers, and synthesize planners for operating in three dimensional environments. You will be exposed to the challenges of using noisy sensors for localization and maneuvering in complex, three-dimensional environments. Finally, you will gain insights through seeing real world examples of the possible applications and challenges for the rapidly-growing drone industry. Mathematical prerequisites: Students taking this course are expected to have some familiarity with linear algebra, single variable calculus, and differential equations. Programming prerequisites: Some experience programming with MATLAB or Octave is recommended (we will use MATLAB in this course.) MATLAB will require the use of a 64-bit computer....

IT

Oct 23, 2017

The course is very good.\n\nThe classes are well taught and show general concepts. It is necessary to do research on the internet, to solve the assignments. This is not a bad thing in my point of view

ST

Jun 09, 2018

I think this is very good course of aerial robotics research. Being a student of robotics, I feel that some of stuffs in this course needs a good background in control and mechanical engineering.

126 - 150 of 623 Reviews for Robotics: Aerial Robotics

By Subodh M

Aug 13, 2016

Prof Kumar has taught some of the difficult topics very lucidly. This course is a must to anyone interested in Robotics and Control Systems!!

By Md M R

Feb 14, 2018

Found the Supplementary Material Lectures and Discussion Threads to be the most useful. There was a lot to learn from the final assignment.

By UMAR T

Feb 29, 2020

It is very challenging course. You really need to have a strong background in variable calculus, familiarity with Matlab programming.

By Juan C L

Feb 05, 2016

The course includes not only the formulas and calculations but also nice video examples. The assignments seem very challenging to me

By ABDULLAH H A

Jun 11, 2016

it is a great course with a very good illustrating and explanation that is easy to understand .. THANK YOU FOR THIS wonderful work

By Alim A

Jun 02, 2017

Learned so much during this course. I would like to thank Mr Vijay Kumar for taking the time to create it, as it is very helpful.

By mahendra d

Jul 30, 2020

Best Course i have done in past few years .It give the basic Knowledge of aerial robotics ,Planning, and Programming in MatLab.

By wawawa123

Aug 30, 2016

I hope I can do the assignment which is about high velocity and big angle.I have passed through this course.Thanks very much.

By Shekhda d

Sep 06, 2020

Assignments were of very good level, actually, they were the real thinker type.

Also help on the forum for doubt was amazing.

By Chen L

Mar 06, 2020

A very brief introduction and the rotation transmission is helpful for me to do the assignments and quizzes. Help me a lot.

By 江泽宇

Aug 07, 2016

the course is a good topic, but the exercises are mainly teaching you how to write a PD control and tune the PD parameters.

By Badal A P

Jan 18, 2020

It was a unique experience to complete this course online. I hope this helps me in during my master studies in robotics.

By Md T A

Apr 09, 2019

The course was awesome I have lean the basics of Aerial Robotics and every concept was explained quite well and clearly.

By Li J

May 13, 2018

nice course and with the help of this course, I also build a Simulink of the trajectroy tracking control of quadrotors.

By Ramya J

Great Course. It helped me understand the basics very well. The discussion forum was particularly very useful. Thanks.

By Krzysztof S

Feb 10, 2016

Excellent, from basic robotics (well you must to have some robotics background) to how to develop your own quadcopter.

By Anirudh M

Apr 23, 2020

Got a great insight on how these aerial vehicles move, plan & detect their surrounding with the help of mathematics.

By Mark M

Mar 29, 2020

It's so fun to learn about these incredible quadcopters and drones, have an insight about their dynamics and control!

By Suyash S

Nov 26, 2017

This is the best course i have ever learnt on robotics . The lecturer covered each and every topic very effectively .

By Piyush R

Dec 23, 2017

Although a great course, more supplementary materials and suggested readings will be very helpful for the beginners.

By Nuri H B

Sep 30, 2016

great course, I was trying to learn how to control a quadrotor and at the end of the course I managed to control it.

By Anubhav H

May 25, 2018

Thanks for all the support coursera.org has provided me. I am highly enriched and intrigued by this great course.

By chris s

Jan 03, 2019

Great coverage of the material with excellent supporting videos and text as well as meaningful Matlab exercises.

By Oscar d l H I

Jul 28, 2016

Very interesting course, very good lessons and lectures!

but I´ve missed some tips about quadrotors electronics.

By Alex M

Feb 23, 2016

A great course, though it's recommended that you have some basic experience in linear algebra before taking it.