Back to Sequences, Time Series and Prediction

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Sequences, Time Series and Prediction by DeepLearning.AI

If you are a software developer who wants to build scalable AI-powered algorithms, you need to understand how to use the tools to build them. This Specialization will teach you best practices for using TensorFlow, a popular open-source framework for machine learning. In this fourth course, you will learn how to build time series models in TensorFlow. You’ll first implement best practices to prepare time series data. You’ll also explore how RNNs and 1D ConvNets can be used for prediction. Finally, you’ll apply everything you’ve learned throughout the Specialization to build a sunspot prediction model using real-world data! The Machine Learning course and Deep Learning Specialization from Andrew Ng teach the most important and foundational principles of Machine Learning and Deep Learning. This new deeplearning.ai TensorFlow Specialization teaches you how to use TensorFlow to implement those principles so that you can start building and applying scalable models to real-world problems. To develop a deeper understanding of how neural networks work, we recommend that you take the Deep Learning Specialization....

OR

Aug 04, 2019

It was an amazing experience to learn from such great experts in the field and get a complete understanding of all the concepts involved and also get thorough understanding of the programming skills.

JH

Mar 22, 2020

Really like the focus on practical application and demonstrating the latest capability of TensorFlow. As mentioned in the course, it is a great compliment to Andrew Ng's Deep Learning Specialization.

26 - 50 of 519 Reviews for Sequences, Time Series and Prediction

By Amandeep S

May 09, 2020

Great for learning the basics! Love the instructors. They have a great attitude, and their commitment just inspires us to try to give something back to the community as well.

The exercises were a bit not well-thought of. The data manipulations seemed too specific. Besides, reading the Numpy/Keras documentation is not always worthwhile for beginners. So that was a bit confusing. But if you are good at Python, that won't be a problem.

Keep up the good work, the deeplearning.ai team!

By Michael

Aug 17, 2019

I enjoyed the last course of the practice in tensorflow. There is a lot of note books to work with, the teaching was good and good referencing. Simple to understand, even though we might require more notes and also materials to work on the local jupyter notebook. Some simple code could be a night mare as you are using windows machine, linux, anaconda. As the courses progressed, there are more and more references to work with. Looking forward to the next set of courses.

By Andrés R

Jan 26, 2020

Ok, this course was amazing, cause i pass a big large course in Udemy about Data Science for get a right way to complete my master degree tesis, and it was not enough for my, this course will help me to use my own data set that have been streamed for some sensors to analysed and predict them, before this course i don't know that CNN and LSTM is a right way to work with time series but, nowadays i know that is a good way, congrats Laurence and Andrew.

By Ravi P B

Mar 15, 2020

Nice experience taking this course. Precise and to the point introduction of topics and a really nice way to start programming the models without going much into theory and a comprehensive and nice way to learn tensorflow framework. Mr. Laurence Moroney Sir has been excellent in all the courses and the conversations with Andrew sir are chilling as well as motivating. So its been a very good experience to take this specialization and learn tensorflow.

By Gabriel S

Jul 07, 2020

Guys you are the best, i commented to Laurence to about six months ago that i finded my vocation with your course, and with the firts course of this specialization i didn't understand anything and i did the Deep Learning Specialization and i am really fascinated with AI and deep learning. By the way I am a mathematician and thank to you i am a AI research with TensorFlow as a tool for coding and building DL and ML models.

Really Thank you

By Andrei N

Sep 21, 2019

Very detailed step by step tutorials of using Tensorflow with lots of effort to make things as easy to understand as possible. Especially, examples of generation a time-series pattern simulations looks very thoughtful and helpful for the course topic. A little lack of theory comparing to other courses by deeplearning.ai. Quizzes are quite undeveloped. But that is understandable, because the main goal of the course to introduce Tensoflow.

By Victor F L

Sep 01, 2020

Really enjoyed the course and it definitely helped a lot with my own projects. I guess the only thing I felt should be different were some of the quizzes. It seemed to me that there was too much attention given to questions regarding little nuances of the code, while I believe they would have been more interesting and significant if they focused more on theoretical concepts of forecasting and modeling. Overall great course, nonetheless!

By Wirach L

Sep 14, 2020

Before enrolled in this course, I've finished deep learning specilization taught by Andrew. This course really help me put everything together. I really hope that Laurence and Andrew keep releasing the course like this further.

Special thanks to Laurence himself, I really enjoy the way he taught. the way he progressively show how every some line of code done something and the way he wrap up in each weeks :D

By Tashreef M

The overall course was good,. The topics were demonstrated nicely. However, the absence of programming assignment and assessments really keeps a hole within me questioning have I actually mastered it all. Would have been more fulfilling if there were some programming assignments, through there were chances for self-evaluation through given google colab assignments in the end of every week.

By Robin R

Dec 02, 2019

I needed wonderful course and wonderful code to make me understand the way to solve the 'Time Series' problem. My English skill is awful, but the professor explained so, so well that I could understand pretty well. I knew the concepts of the models before I take this course, but I didn't have any opportunity to see codes realized! Thank you very much for offering me such a nice lecture :)

By RODRIGO A Z

Aug 31, 2020

I didn't know anything about TensorFlow, but i had been study from the Andrew Ng courses, that are more focused on the theory. This course is the perfect complement, with the applications.

The only thing is that i find a little short the course, but anyway very good. Thanks Laurence and I expect to have enough time to see your another specializations!

By charles l

Oct 23, 2019

This specialization was the ideal evolution in my DNN training after having taken Andrew Ng's classic ML course, followed by the deeplearning.ai DNN specialization. The instructor is excellent, as are the lecture notes, training materials, coding platform and examples! I am moving on to Advanced ML w/ TensorFlow on Google Cloud

By Ibrahim C

Jul 06, 2020

This specialization was exquisite from beginning to end. Without going deeper into the mathematics of the machine learning and deep learning algorithm we learned practical uses of such algorithms using TensorFlow. All the quizzes and homework taught us a variety of techniques. I am very satisfied with this course.

By Wenlei Y

Mar 19, 2020

I like all of the 4 courses in the entire series. Dr Moroney offers you the codes and you can play around by yourselves to better understand the concepts and the algorithms. My suggestion is: You can watch the videos and pass all the tests first and download the codes, and later you can study the codes in details.

By RUDRA P D

Jul 28, 2020

This course is different from the other 3 courses of this specialization as it teaches a new concept i.e Time series. This thing has not been taught in the deep learning specialization. But everything that has been taught in this course is well explained. I have my gratitude to Laurence sir 's way of teaching.

By Anthony B

Mar 15, 2020

At first, I thought this was tragically oversimplified. Then I realised that the real benefit of this course is the practical walkthroughs that it in the large consists of. Other courses can give you the theoretical foundations of Machine Learning, but this excels as a treasure trove of practical guidance.

By Ara B

Sep 09, 2019

The real life example of using the TF was excellent. I like to see more utilization of the TF in real life, things like anomaly detection in human interaction or imaging interpretation in health industry or economical data and modeling in financial markets. It was an excellent course overall. Many thanks!

By E. L C

Dec 06, 2019

Excellent course that takes an amount of time right at what is specified in the program description. All learning is productive - you won't be spending hours teaching yourself how to program and debugging code, but will rather spend all time evaluating code to further your understanding of the concepts.

By Karl J

Dec 29, 2019

A great course introducing syntax and application of TensorFlow to time series data. Does not go very deep, but pretty clearly is designed to show you how to apply the TensorFlow library to common situations rather than teach about time series and forecasting, which is a huge subject in and of itself!

By Rahul R

Oct 09, 2019

Wonderful course........these courses tough me that there is always room for improvement. Just we need to try with small steps in the right direction. DL is not just achieved using algorithms but need patience and trial and error too. Thanks to Laurence Moroney and Andrew Ng for this wonderful course.

By Lijun L

Apr 16, 2020

Wonderful class and it makes this complex task so simple. I really appreciate the hard work and effort from Laurence and Andrew to make this available to me. As what Laurence said, playing around those models and notebook will make a real difference on my machine learning skills. Thank you again!

By Michael B

Oct 20, 2019

I absolutely love the deeplearning.ai courses. I previously took Andrew's course that went more into the theory, and this course was a fantastic compliment to it that focused more on putting deep learning concepts into practice via tensorflow. I look forward to any future courses they put out! :D

By YUJI H

Aug 26, 2020

This is what I have wanted to study! When saying "Time Series Data" in the field of Deep Learning, they often only deal with text data and it means NLP. But in this course, we can study how to deal with real Time Series Data like Stock Price. Thanks for giving us the great examples of analysis!

By Gautam K

Jul 21, 2020

This course has been very great for learning sequences, time series and prediction code implementation in TensorFlow. This course is very helpful for beginners like me who are a newbie in TensorFlow.

Overall whole specialization has been really great and a small step towards learning DNN and ML.

By Daniel M M R

Nov 17, 2019

It was very nice to learn more about TensorFlow! Nice practice about real-world stuff. There's too much to learn, but I hope you get more courses in much different topics to connect all and get a better understanding of Artificial Intelligence possibilities! Thanks for teaching me this much!