Back to Introduction to Relational Database and SQL

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Relational Database and SQL by Coursera Project Network

In this guided project, you will get hands-on experience working with a relational database using MySQL Workbench from Oracle. The basic knowledge you learn will allow you to work with any other relational database. At the end of this project, you will be able to create a billing report and a club member roster....

SB

What a great introduction to SQL. I didn't even know what it was before I started, and now I understand how to use it, at a basic level, and am ready to apply it a bit and learn more as I use it.

SM
Aug 13, 2020

i like to study this course, but the screen very small so the character also very small, difficult to write the SQL code\n\nI study about select, insert, delete, like, select with join 2 tables

251 - 275 of 290 Reviews for Introduction to Relational Database and SQL

Aug 4, 2020

GG

By Peter Z

Jul 29, 2020

It's purely introduction, I thought there would be some relational database theory as well. That being said, Mr. Kong does a good job explaining the material he presents. Had I known there was this little information, I might not've purchased the course however.

By Giuliana S

I wasn't able to download my worksheet as it said in the description. The first code I entered made the program crash, after that it wasn't obvious how to come back. Some details could have been better but on a overall view quite ok course.

By Ankit S

Jun 3, 2020

It was overall nice bt the rhyme panel was not working properly which created a bit inconvinience.

and videos were also constantly buffering which was really frustrating.

By Elizabeth M

Aug 31, 2020

Good if you just want to superficially observe examples of someone writing commands in SQL then copy him.

By Pratiksha

Apr 3, 2020

Actually, I wanted to learn how to create database and how to join different forms to the database

By Radhika B

Jul 18, 2020

It was a simple course for beginners, liked it. The cloud desktop was quite slow and error ful.

By Ashkan R

Aug 14, 2020

Nothing special about this super easy guided project, it's okay, nothing more, nothing less.

By Truong G

May 9, 2020

The project has clear instruction, but I hope it will be more exercises to practice

By Harsh k

May 16, 2020

Not so much Good ....Its for a very Begineer level project

By Steven W

Dec 15, 2020

It's a short basic course, easy and short project.

By Sai G

Sep 28, 2020

My SQL was running into errors always.

By Nigar F

Jun 11, 2020

Less Challenging, Good For Beginners.

By DEVIREDDY G

Aug 15, 2020

All topics are not covered

By NAMIT V

not up to my expectations

By Thomas D

A little too simple

By Rohit G

Very Basic Course

By Navya S N

Good

By Leopoldo H

Sep 16, 2020

Hmmm... everything was going great until you see joins. The professor teaches ways to join tables that aren't industry standard.

SELECT *

FROM table1, table2

WHERE table1.code = table2.code

These practice isn't used and it's preferred to use JOIN

SELECT * FROM table1

INNER JOIN table2

ON table1.code = table2.code

By Kurt A

Jan 13, 2021

Very basic SQL tools explained (select, insert, and delete) with easy to follow instructions. Could have used explanation of the table browser tool, more SQL commands, and additional explanation of joins for the price.

By Utkarsha K

Aug 4, 2020

Cloud desktop keep on hanging. The theory is not enough. The project is too easy even for beginner.

By Utsav P

Jun 5, 2020

Many technical glitches

By Samruddhi N

Aug 14, 2020

interface is worst

By Hopefully

May 23, 2020

The course content is good, but the service is horrible. Coursera launched these Guided Courses during Covid, but there are many glitches and no support. 1) I bought this course during their 2.99 Campaign that was supposed to end on 05/09/2020. A few days after I bought this course, I saw it lalong with all the 2.99 courses advertised in 2 sections on Coursera but at different prices (2.99 and then 7.99). I finished this course on 05/19. I was going to take another SQL course that should have been 2.99 because of the campaign, but to my surprise it was 9.99. I purchased it at 9.99 on 05/19 and reached at to staff, but until today 05/23 no one has gotten back to me with a refund for the difference. 2) Another issue is that the desktop for you to do your exercises become expired before you even get a chance to do all of your exercises, so you are left learning by watching the videos . This time when I reached out to Coursera, they told me to reach out the Course, but when you post questions no one answers hahaha and at the bottom of the course it tells you to reach out to Coursera for help.... 3) Oh the Guided Courses changed to 4.99 the day after I reached out to Coursera to let them their prices changed again, but still no refund for the difference I overpaid and not help from the course nor Coursera. Coursera used to have live support and was a fun place to learn from, but now with Covid and the increase in the number of students, they are only interested in making money. Before Covid, they had live support and you could fill out a survey, but now support is unavailable and when they reply they answer vaguely because they are making a lot of money and they dont need to care anymore.