Back to Children's Human Rights - An Interdisciplinary Introduction

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Children's Human Rights - An Interdisciplinary Introduction by University of Geneva

Drawing on the contributions of several academic disciplines including law, psychology, sociology, history, educational and health sciences, economy and anthropology, an interdisciplinary approach guides the student into a selection of critical issues concerning children’s rights. Participants will gain insight relative to the development of this specific human rights category, as well as to the evolution of the challenges faced by children over time and society’s efforts to respond. Successful international strategies and programs promoting children’s rights will be highlighted, as well as the role of key actors involved in international organizations working in this field. This open online course provides an overview of the most important features of children’s human rights. A central portion of the MOOC will consist of a presentation of the international and regional standards on children’s rights and the related international and regional judicial and quasi-judicial bodies designed to ensure their implementation. No prerequisites or specific background is required to register for this MOOC. The course is conceived as an introductory level program, but participants, who wish to deepen their knowledge in the field of children’s rights, or already have some prior knowledge, will have access to additional reading material on a weekly basis. Participants who successfully complete the class activities and final assessment may request for a paid certificate of accomplishment signed by the Instructor and the main professors responsible for the program. However, no credits are awarded. The course consists of seven topical modules distributed on 4 weeks. English is the only language of instruction....

FR
Feb 24, 2020

Truly interdisciplinary course with rich content, and reasonable depth, based upon team work of faculty. I am even recommend my 15 year child to study it and know about her responsibilities and rights

SD
Jan 30, 2019

I strongly recommend this for people who are passionately working among children across the globe. This is the need of the hour! Let's educate ourselves and serve the best for our children. Cheers!

26 - 50 of 357 Reviews for Children's Human Rights - An Interdisciplinary Introduction

By Jonathan C

Sep 18, 2017

Fantastic course with a huge amount to learn and some great resources. Persevere with it, it gets better as it goes on.

My only criticism would be that the end of module tests are extremely badly designed! Most of the questions are in bad English, the questions and answers extremely ambiguous, and often don't cover some of the key concepts of the modules.

It would be great to have some compulsory group work too - I found the Forums quite inactive.

By Katarzyna J

Fantastic course, you can learn a lot. There are given interesting information and it motivates you to read and learn more about children human rights. Although, there are some issues with quizzes, sometimes there is no good answer or right answer is changed when you retake the quiz. But generally, I rate this course very high. I think it is useful for anyone, who works for children rights.

By Samwel M M

The course is detailed,cutting age information and well delivered . However some links have been disabled and needs to be looked into.

It also needs to be up dated .Lastly considering the rigorous content of the course, the units covered and marks scored should be reflected on the certificate. This will be be better confirmation to employers and peers of the skills and knowledge acquired.

By Luisa C J

Sep 4, 2020

Teniendo muy pocos conocimientos del área, el curso es bueno. Es general y entrega una perspectiva apropiada de la materia. Lo disfruté mucho y aprendí bastante.

I don't know much about the subject, but the course is very good. It's general, and gives you a nice perspective about the children's rights as an interdisciplinary topic. I really enjoy it and learned a lot =)

By Sandra C C M

Mar 15, 2020

A really interdisciplinary and interesting course! It is very complete but yet simple for those who do not have a legal background on children's rights. I truly recommend this course to everyone, in general, but specially for those professionals working with children. Thank you for your teamwork and effort to provide us very interesting and accurate materials to study.

By Trisha M

Nov 22, 2020

Very informative course. This course provided me with a deeper understanding of children's rights in order for us to find solutions to eradicate violations against children all over the globe. It is crucial for us, especially for teachers, parents, medical professionals, law (government) to recognize this issue head-on and to provide sufficient support and research.

By Yvette L R

The course was excellent and presented very good.

However, I would like to learn more about adoption. Parents die due to illnesses like HIV, during the migration process or do not want the child and then the child becomes adoptable, either by strangers or by a village or community. What rights does the child have when it comesmtomfamily reunification?

By Rhio

Oct 28, 2020

This course was very informative and relevant in today's issues. However, I wish some readings can be easy downloadable since there are some links that require registering on the website and/or pay subscription in order to have full access to the material. But so far, this is a good start if you want to have a career on Child Rights.

By Gökçe H A

Jul 15, 2020

I enjoyed the taking this course . I improved my knowledge in many areas like international law, children psychology, children health..etc. As a law student, I will surely recomend this course to my friends because topic of the course is really important and every people should have knowledge about it to make safe zone for children.

By Chandni P

This is really a significant course in gaining a deep understanding of the inception , implementation and challenges faced in application of child rights across its member state also an invigorating outlook of Health Human Rights of human beings which at times we are under ignorance or are misled due to lack of its knowledge

By Maryam N

Aug 13, 2020

It was a thorough and perfect course for me and I think it would be useful for everyone who cares about children and the future of world. This course encourages me to get to know more about children's human rights. Also, the course acquaints me to new matters regarding to the children's rights.

Thank you all.

By SERGIO H G

May 17, 2017

Excelente curso introductorio que presenta en diversos ámbitos el abordaje de los derechos de los niños, teniendo en cuenta las disposiciones universales y regionales relativas a cada ámbito, con relatos y aportes de expertos de diferentes países, enriqueciendo con ello la experiencia de aprendizaje.

By Zoe B

Jul 5, 2017

This course was very informative proving historical framework of the C.R.C , to relevant issues affecting children today . I would recommend it to all persons who currently works with children , parents or persons who simply wish to improve their knowledge base for personal development.

By Gaukhar K

Apr 28, 2019

It is a great course that gave me a wider and better understanding of my own field - early childhood development policy. I came to understand some of the reasons why child development programs can be ineffective. I recommend the course to everyone who is concerned with children in any way.

By Oduor K K

Nov 4, 2018

The Course was (is) mind opening. I always seen human rights in the eyes of an adult including the popular political, economical and socio-cultural rights. Now I have a deeper understanding of the righst to children and how they are affected by various institutions.

By Karuppiah S

Apr 21, 2020

It was a very interesting and engaging course thorough which I had learnt how to analyze and think about a variety of issues about Children's Rights. I had learnt various aspects and dimensions about the notion of Children's Rights. I enjoyed learning this course.

By jamie b

Sep 6, 2018

I really enjoyed this course and I had my eye opened . The faculties are all experts in their respective field which I like the most . Any one who are interested in children's Right must take this course. Thanks team from University of Geneva. Thanks Coursera .

By Priscila d S O A

Feb 20, 2020

Gostei muito do curso. A aulas são bastante breves, apesar de complexas e ilustrativas. Trouxe muito esclarecimento sobre o atual contexto internacional na luta pelos direitos humanos das crianças e o que as pesquisas recentes tem estudado ao redor do tema.

By Malola P

Dec 29, 2019

This is very good course that strengthens the understanding of the children's rights.

Providing a needly structured material. Two areas helped me a lot understand the children's Rights on the participatory research area and Ethics in engaging children.

By Fe M F

Aug 27, 2020

I found this course extremely useful in giving me an understanding of the international context of the laws and It help to widens the perspective, giving a depth and breadth which adds to the confidence in the relevance of the structures of protection.

By Alaa M A M

Jun 11, 2020

I have learned a lot in this enjoyable course because it contains a lot of very important information about children's rights and how they originated and developed until today and I advise every person interested in human rights to study this course.

By Carla L F V

May 20, 2018

This has been one of the most enriching courses for me. 7 hard weeks in which i learn everything i was expecting and even subjects that i had not contemplated.

thank you for putting in the course to people so prepared in the subjects that were seen

By Javed K

Feb 8, 2020

I have learned a lot through this Course. The way the Professors were teaching make a visionary Pictures of Children in my eyes and about female. thank you so much and I am very happy that I have completed and learned about the Rights of Children.

By Titania R A K

Aug 12, 2020

For an introduction course, I have learned valuable information regarding children's human rights from the professionals. It also raises my anticipation to participate in becoming an advocate for children's rights. I highly recommend this course.