Back to Creative Problem Solving

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Creative Problem Solving by University of Minnesota

4.4

This course deals directly with your ability for creativity which is a critical skill in any field. It focuses on divergent thinking, the ability to develop multiple ideas and concepts to solve problems. Through a series of creativity building exercises, short lectures, and readings, learners develop both an understanding of creativity and increase their own ability. This course will help you understand the role of creativity and innovation in your own work and in other disciplines. It will challenge you to move outside of your existing comfort zone and to recognize the value of that exploration. This course will help you understand the importance of diverse ideas, and to convey that understanding to others. The principal learning activity in the course is a series of "differents" where you are challenged to identify and change your own cultural, habitual, and normal patterns of behavior. Beginning with a prompt, e.g. "eat something different", you will begin to recognize your own = limits and to overcome them. In addition, you are encouraged to understand that creativity is based on societal norms, and that by it's nature, it will differ from and be discouraged by society. In this course, the persistence of the creative person is developed through practice. At the same time, these exercises are constrained by concerns of safety, legality, and economics, which are addressed in their creative process....

BD
Jul 21, 2020

Great course. It was really a great experience to take this course.\n\nI developed the insight into creativity and will definitely implement in my everyday life.\n\nThanks for such a great course.

NC
Jun 4, 2020

Thank you I'm so glad I can learn so many things about how to be more creative to solving problem and we can see or discussion about out creativities. Thank you for giving me this opportunity.

76 - 100 of 537 Reviews for Creative Problem Solving

By Jade T

Thank you for making my Quarantine Life meaningful and productive. Whenever I look at an object, I know think of the possible many uses beyond its intended use. Thank you to the professors of University of Minnessota. More Power !

By Ehimwenma k O

May 5, 2020

The course encouraged me to explore and push my creativity boundaries and engage with my environment in ways that i would not have imagined previously.

It has equipped me to be more creative as an SME Accountant and business owner.

By Stanisław M

The course has a straightforward approach of putting practical exercises first, with no boring explanation of pedagogical science behind them. A great confidence of the authors makes it surprising and more effective for the user.

By Khanh N

Aug 27, 2020

This course gave me a new way of looking things around me. However, camera angles are quite bad and sometimes out focused. Overall, I recommend everyone to take this course. The DSDs are challenging but probably worth doing.

By Katherine K

Jul 19, 2020

This course will dare you to step out of your comfort zone. Most innovations and creative works defy the society's idea of normal. Sometimes it's just about stepping out of the box and re-learning something you already know.

By abha r S

May 1, 2020

I found this course very useful as it inspired me to think beyond mundane things in our daily life. I have also learnt to record my ideas and thoughts, which I have been not doing so far. very stimulating and encouraging .

By Ramiro V

May 16, 2020

Definitely cps is a course that we all need today, it leads us to understand in a much more diverse and rich way the most effective way to meet the challenges of our day to day in an original, unique and striking way

By SHRASTHI G

Jun 23, 2020

Very interesting and itself out of the box course that teaches you to think outside the box. A life changing lesson if you are able to grasp the depth of the course. Thanks to professor for such an awesome session.

By Hagaliaah p

Jul 1, 2020

It was a really good course to improve student’s self experience, I really enjoyed doing the DSD tasks and I’m this course really help me to think out of the box and I’ve improved my self experience as well 👌🏻

By Karen S

Nov 8, 2020

I had so much fun doing the projects in this course! I learned a variety of techniques to stimulate creativity, and I am looking forward to continuing with the suggestions to expand upon my creativity skills.

By Vivi A A

Apr 30, 2020

I am very grateful for this program, I can think more openly and differently, seeing an issue not only from the side that people usually see but from the side of what is possible and not thought of by others.

By Pooja S M

Apr 20, 2020

This course helped me to improve my creative thinking strategies, it helped me to teach my students in a very proper manner, very appropriate examples, and very informative lectures. Thank you for this course

By Aynura R

That was amazing experience for me.I got lots of new skills and knowledge about creativity.Thanks to teachers and every review from the group. I believe in the future this course wil help me on my career

By Dr S N S

Apr 24, 2020

Course was Brief. Yet it provided a Glimpse of spark or Ignition to our creativity. Congrats to Course Instructor. All the best to all who Interested to kindle their Interest in Creative Problem Solving.

By Juan F N C

Aug 7, 2020

I like the course becouse it forced me to act and think in a different way I used to and give me information to start developing a new aproach to the challenges and tasks I go through everyday

By Bharat D

Jul 22, 2020

Great course. It was really a great experience to take this course.

Thanks for such a great course.

By Jill P

the experience of doing this course and participating into the different quizzes and DSD's has made me think more creatively and somewhere made me more brave. The proffessors were amazing.

By PATIL V

Jul 24, 2020

It is an awesome course if you do it seriously and very interesting assignments were there and grading our peers helps us to learn new things I am glad that I was a part of this course.

By Việt H T

After studying this course, I was confident in doing something different for myself / everyone around me to make life more fun, more creative. Thanks for the course and the instructors.

By arpita s

Oct 14, 2020

Frankly speaking it helped me to explore a complete new dimension of my personality. After completing this course my idea, perception about creativity took a new path. Thanks very much

By Mildred R

Nov 21, 2020

Im so happy to had the opportunity to do this course. i really liked the way all the material was presented and the way the challenge us to try something different. well recommended.

By Maslennikova S

Oct 5, 2020

Курс понравился, одно удовольствие слушать лекции и выполнять задания. Выписала для себя полезные заметки и буду продолжать практиковаться. Спасибо!! Cool course! Thanks :)))

By Fatema P

Aug 5, 2020

wonderful course! Helped me laern many skills to increase my creativity and the DSDs were amazing to take part in and interact with other people taking the course with me

By Mihai A C

Sep 7, 2019

During this course i have learned a lot of interesting new things and i have learned that the sky is the limit when it comes to creativity. There are no wrong answers

By Vanik A

Jun 25, 2020

I really loved the course. Duration, assignments, and sharp thinking techniques helped me to become more communicative and creative while with friends or strangers.