Back to Creative Problem Solving

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Creative Problem Solving by University of Minnesota

4.4

This course deals directly with your ability for creativity which is a critical skill in any field. It focuses on divergent thinking, the ability to develop multiple ideas and concepts to solve problems. Through a series of creativity building exercises, short lectures, and readings, learners develop both an understanding of creativity and increase their own ability. This course will help you understand the role of creativity and innovation in your own work and in other disciplines. It will challenge you to move outside of your existing comfort zone and to recognize the value of that exploration. This course will help you understand the importance of diverse ideas, and to convey that understanding to others. The principal learning activity in the course is a series of "differents" where you are challenged to identify and change your own cultural, habitual, and normal patterns of behavior. Beginning with a prompt, e.g. "eat something different", you will begin to recognize your own = limits and to overcome them. In addition, you are encouraged to understand that creativity is based on societal norms, and that by it's nature, it will differ from and be discouraged by society. In this course, the persistence of the creative person is developed through practice. At the same time, these exercises are constrained by concerns of safety, legality, and economics, which are addressed in their creative process....

EN
Jan 17, 2021

I really enjoyed this course, it was very informative and easy to follow. The videos were clear and the graded sections were great. The course as a whole was enjoyable and would recommend to others.

AF
Mar 1, 2016

SO INTERESTING AND FUN. Have you ever took a stranger'S secret and propose another stranger to take that secret in exchange of one of his? This course is an opportunity to do crazy stuff like that!

126 - 150 of 582 Reviews for Creative Problem Solving

By Prateek N

Apr 11, 2020

This course is very nicely created with of creativity from the instructors. Very helpful for learning in my current role and responsibilities.

By Virakboth K

Jul 6, 2020

This course is very fun. It really boost my creativity and also my confidence. Thank you and I highly recommend everyone to study this course

By Brahmleen K

May 5, 2020

I cannot tell you how much have I enjoyed and learned from this course. Thank you to everyone, the professor, my peers who gave suggestions.

By Ridzuan A

Aug 27, 2020

Coursera help me solve problem creatively and this course give me an opportunity to learn something new outside of my classroom. Thank you.

By Nishant c

It was amazing learning with the learning app being a fresher on it the university and the learning content was really amazing and helpful.

By Navaneethkrishnan N

Apr 12, 2020

Loved taking part in the hands-on exercises. It ensured community participation and thus allowed the sharing of know-how to others as well.

By Ramiro R

Apr 6, 2021

I really liked the Do-Something-Different challenges. It really pushes you to generate different ideas and get out of your comfort zone.

By Tajudeen O J

Jun 4, 2020

The course has really taught to the ability to think out of box to get unusual, original and unique ideas. This is a really great course

By LeAnn M H

I loved this course because it took you out of your comfort zone and allowed you to express your creativity without feeling embarrassed

By Suraweera A V R L

Jun 12, 2020

No new ideas came to my mind at the beginning or before of this course, but my mind was trained to think differently from day to day.

By Philemon . G

Jul 14, 2020

I have learned more hear than I ever expected to and I loved every video every task I did it was life changing, so thanks very much.

By Zunaira S

Jun 29, 2020

I have a great experience with this course I leaned alot ... And I m encouraged to think in different ways to different things ....

By David A

Very enjoyable. Focused on aspect of problem solving that are easy to overlook and very valuable to the process ofproblemsolving.

By Arvind A

This is the good way to start with creative thing for beginners and this course would really help to begin people to be creative.

By Maryna B

Apr 25, 2020

Useful exercises and techniques to boost your creativity, clear explanations and good content in general. Thanks for the course!

By Saleh K D

Jul 8, 2020

i like our master and i do some work that i did not do never and this was amazing i like this course and creativity . thanks

By Joylance Y

Nov 19, 2020

This course is so interesting! It's help me improve idea, I more understand about creative and develop it. Thank you so much

By May M N A

I was really interesting this subject so I tried the best to get good rating.Especially,I was so excited to answer the quiz.

By hassan h

Jun 23, 2020

Very proud to achieve this course

Thanks Coursera and thank you University of Minnesota for give me this great opportuniity

By waqas t

Apr 27, 2020

No doubt, it's a very amazing course. I came to know that there are no wrong answers.

thank you so much to the course team.

By M. A A R

Sep 11, 2020

I love how this course make me think anything around me in different point of view. great job, professor and teams !

By Sajeesh A

May 7, 2020

This course creative problem solving is a marvelous course. I am proud to be a part of such a course.

Thank you ...

By Alexandra L

It was a great experience. I appreciate the "learn, understand, practice" framework and the peer review approach!

By Ana T C M

Feb 6, 2021

Excellent course to think outside the box, try something different and be creative using both sides of the brain

By Kartik

Oct 2, 2020

Nice course. Helps us to improve your critical thinking. helps to find multiple solutions to a single problem.