Back to Creative Problem Solving

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Creative Problem Solving by University of Minnesota

4.4

This course deals directly with your ability for creativity which is a critical skill in any field. It focuses on divergent thinking, the ability to develop multiple ideas and concepts to solve problems. Through a series of creativity building exercises, short lectures, and readings, learners develop both an understanding of creativity and increase their own ability. This course will help you understand the role of creativity and innovation in your own work and in other disciplines. It will challenge you to move outside of your existing comfort zone and to recognize the value of that exploration. This course will help you understand the importance of diverse ideas, and to convey that understanding to others. The principal learning activity in the course is a series of "differents" where you are challenged to identify and change your own cultural, habitual, and normal patterns of behavior. Beginning with a prompt, e.g. "eat something different", you will begin to recognize your own = limits and to overcome them. In addition, you are encouraged to understand that creativity is based on societal norms, and that by it's nature, it will differ from and be discouraged by society. In this course, the persistence of the creative person is developed through practice. At the same time, these exercises are constrained by concerns of safety, legality, and economics, which are addressed in their creative process....

BD
Jul 21, 2020

Great course. It was really a great experience to take this course.\n\nI developed the insight into creativity and will definitely implement in my everyday life.\n\nThanks for such a great course.

NC
Jun 4, 2020

Thank you I'm so glad I can learn so many things about how to be more creative to solving problem and we can see or discussion about out creativities. Thank you for giving me this opportunity.

176 - 200 of 537 Reviews for Creative Problem Solving

By Maria

Jun 14, 2020

I had a lot of fun being creative with the assignments! Thank you for this course!

By Hui T

May 8, 2020

I really enjoyed this course, thank you for putting lots of efforts by making this

By Md S U R

Apr 26, 2020

Thank you COURSERA to give me that kind of chance to make my career more creative.

By Ubeysiriwardana A M

Jun 13, 2020

This helps me to grab lot of knowledge and a good foundation for my future career

By Jibrin O P

May 3, 2020

its helpful and useful and i will recommend for others to take the course. Thanks

By Alan C

Aug 27, 2017

That is a great course! The best course of my life untill now. Thank you so much!

By Sonam K

Jul 23, 2020

Thank you for the course! I developed my creativity, problem solving techniques.

By Ayodeji P

May 6, 2020

very insightful and i learnt new ways to think and train my brain to be creative

By Edoho E

Oct 18, 2019

I loved it. Very engaging and has made me see a whole new side in me. Thank you.

By vinoo m

great course , interesting exercises to do , a start that needs to be continued

By Aditi b

Jul 8, 2020

This is very interesting course I suggest try this course it had a lots of fun

By Ayesha F

Sep 30, 2020

best experience of life of been indulged in this course activities..!! 👌🔥❤

By LEFTERIS G

Sep 23, 2020

Thank you for sharing your knowledge. I appreciate so much!

We 'll be in touch

By Ahmed I

Aug 18, 2020

Was a wonderful experience and helped me learn new ways to develop creativity

By Gian L

Feb 27, 2016

Very inspiring and useful. Thanks for providing me with such a great service.

By SHIVA K

It was very nice course and really enjoyed by peer assignment and all that .

By Tabassum H

May 5, 2020

i find it very helpful to go outside my comfort space.to build my confident.

By Davina A B

Apr 1, 2020

Really enjoyable and just the right level of challenge to earn certificate.

By Victor R P

Apr 28, 2020

Really good materials, conductors and exercises to trigger our creativity

By Daniel T M

Sep 27, 2020

The course is well organized and highly informative. Thank you very much

By Badr A

Nov 20, 2015

High incentive, productive, informative, scientific, and unique course

By Christian M

Sep 9, 2020

Optimal for persons interested in add their value to the marketplace.

By Sudhakar R S

Jun 15, 2020

Course is very good & motivated for day to day life problem solving.

By Alberto S M

Thank you so much for making me find and develop my own creativity!

By Pramod G

Apr 17, 2020

it was really helpful and looking forward for new course ,Thank You