Back to Creative Problem Solving

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Creative Problem Solving by University of Minnesota

4.4

This course deals directly with your ability for creativity which is a critical skill in any field. It focuses on divergent thinking, the ability to develop multiple ideas and concepts to solve problems. Through a series of creativity building exercises, short lectures, and readings, learners develop both an understanding of creativity and increase their own ability. This course will help you understand the role of creativity and innovation in your own work and in other disciplines. It will challenge you to move outside of your existing comfort zone and to recognize the value of that exploration. This course will help you understand the importance of diverse ideas, and to convey that understanding to others. The principal learning activity in the course is a series of "differents" where you are challenged to identify and change your own cultural, habitual, and normal patterns of behavior. Beginning with a prompt, e.g. "eat something different", you will begin to recognize your own = limits and to overcome them. In addition, you are encouraged to understand that creativity is based on societal norms, and that by it's nature, it will differ from and be discouraged by society. In this course, the persistence of the creative person is developed through practice. At the same time, these exercises are constrained by concerns of safety, legality, and economics, which are addressed in their creative process....

EN
Jan 17, 2021

I really enjoyed this course, it was very informative and easy to follow. The videos were clear and the graded sections were great. The course as a whole was enjoyable and would recommend to others.

AF
Mar 1, 2016

SO INTERESTING AND FUN. Have you ever took a stranger'S secret and propose another stranger to take that secret in exchange of one of his? This course is an opportunity to do crazy stuff like that!

151 - 175 of 622 Reviews for Creative Problem Solving

By RUBÍ G H G

Jun 17, 2021

The course was amazing. Also, the content increases your creativity and the university provides techniques to keep improving.

By Saleh K

Jul 8, 2020

i like our master and i do some work that i did not do never and this was amazing i like this course and creativity . thanks

By Joylance Y

Nov 19, 2020

This course is so interesting! It's help me improve idea, I more understand about creative and develop it. Thank you so much

By May M N A

I was really interesting this subject so I tried the best to get good rating.Especially,I was so excited to answer the quiz.

By hassan h

Jun 23, 2020

Very proud to achieve this course

Thanks Coursera and thank you University of Minnesota for give me this great opportuniity

By vaggac

Apr 27, 2020

No doubt, it's a very amazing course. I came to know that there are no wrong answers.

thank you so much to the course team.

By M. A A R

Sep 11, 2020

I love how this course make me think anything around me in different point of view. great job, professor and teams !

By Sajeesh A

May 7, 2020

This course creative problem solving is a marvelous course. I am proud to be a part of such a course.

Thank you ...

By Alexandra L

It was a great experience. I appreciate the "learn, understand, practice" framework and the peer review approach!

By Ana T C M

Feb 6, 2021

Excellent course to think outside the box, try something different and be creative using both sides of the brain

By Jade H

Apr 28, 2021

Estuvo muy entretenido y disfruté mucho la manera en que se realizaron las clases. Aparte fue muy interactiva.

By Kartik

Oct 2, 2020

Nice course. Helps us to improve your critical thinking. helps to find multiple solutions to a single problem.

By Ammar A

Jun 1, 2020

The innovative way of learning that helped me to be a better person. Thank you so much, keep up the good work!

By Krishna P P

Jun 27, 2020

I had a great time with this course and it will definitely help me in a way of thinking and decision making .

By Tolulope J I

Jun 17, 2020

This was such an awesome course. It literally opened my eyes to a different way of thinking about creativity.

By Aung K O

Jul 22, 2020

Thanks a lot for giving this great opportunity, please keep open more free certficate courses in the future.

By Devishi g

Jul 5, 2020

Learned a lot and loved the course as it not only teaches theory but helps in performing them in real life.

By ROMAN H N

Oct 25, 2020

I think it has been a great course, which has left me thinking, maybe, learning creativity never ends ...

By Yukta

May 12, 2020

This course is really engaging. I learnt some useful techniques which is very relevant in my profession.

By Subhanil C

Apr 21, 2020

A must do course for people of every field who want to advance or don't want to live a dog day afternoon.

By Andrea J R G

Apr 25, 2021

I like this course because it helped me better understand my creativity and how to make solutions to it.

By Udeslayne P d S

Jun 30, 2020

Excellent .. I had a lot of learning, it was amazing how the course content opened my mind to new ideas.

By Bozena W

May 1, 2020

Very nice course, encouraging to try new things in order to develop creativity and it actually works! :)

By Namphet S T

Apr 28, 2020

This class is fun. You'll learn to be more creative and get to do interesting activity as an assignment.

By Jahayra J V J

Dec 24, 2020

I found it somewhat difficult at first but I have learned a lot to be more creative and trust my ideas.