Back to Creative Problem Solving

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Creative Problem Solving by University of Minnesota

4.4

This course deals directly with your ability for creativity which is a critical skill in any field. It focuses on divergent thinking, the ability to develop multiple ideas and concepts to solve problems. Through a series of creativity building exercises, short lectures, and readings, learners develop both an understanding of creativity and increase their own ability. This course will help you understand the role of creativity and innovation in your own work and in other disciplines. It will challenge you to move outside of your existing comfort zone and to recognize the value of that exploration. This course will help you understand the importance of diverse ideas, and to convey that understanding to others. The principal learning activity in the course is a series of "differents" where you are challenged to identify and change your own cultural, habitual, and normal patterns of behavior. Beginning with a prompt, e.g. "eat something different", you will begin to recognize your own = limits and to overcome them. In addition, you are encouraged to understand that creativity is based on societal norms, and that by it's nature, it will differ from and be discouraged by society. In this course, the persistence of the creative person is developed through practice. At the same time, these exercises are constrained by concerns of safety, legality, and economics, which are addressed in their creative process....

BD
Jul 21, 2020

Great course. It was really a great experience to take this course.\n\nI developed the insight into creativity and will definitely implement in my everyday life.\n\nThanks for such a great course.

NC
Jun 4, 2020

Thank you I'm so glad I can learn so many things about how to be more creative to solving problem and we can see or discussion about out creativities. Thank you for giving me this opportunity.

101 - 125 of 537 Reviews for Creative Problem Solving

By pullurvyshnavi

Apr 11, 2020

yaa its a wonderful oppertunity for the students ...im feeling great ....i want keep going like this...i will be continue what im learning in this course..thankyou

By zuhair o

Thanks so much for coursera first and the instructor for this useful course , i found everything in this course very fascinating and i hope for everyone success.

By Timiri V

May 3, 2020

Absolutely loved it! This course enabled to think in ways my mind would normally not venture into. The videos are well presented, clear and interesting to watch.

By Sehresh M

Jun 10, 2020

This course makes you stretch your creativity to new lengths as you try new and unusual ideas, Explains how we all can increase our creativity through practice.

By Bogdana K

May 12, 2020

I really enjoyed this course! The lecturers were great and they gave me a lot fo ideas which I can import into my daily work and brainstorm sessions. Thank you!

By Aliftya D

Jul 28, 2020

this class is so fun. no hard tests is needed, the explanation is easy to understand. i learned a lot and hope this will benefit in my real life. thankyou!

By Aishwarya K

Jun 13, 2020

I really enjoyed the tasks and originality development assessment. I have gained a quality knowledge on creativity and how a person can improve creativity,

By Aashish B

awesome, It is so helpful in real life practically. The creative thinking reduce the conflict on office management and also thinking about company growth

By Sharvari S

Jun 20, 2020

One of my favorite courses. I got to experiment with myself and my surroundings. It was fun and motivated me to always keep shining on with my creativity.

By Muhammad Y K

Jun 1, 2020

it was my first experience and honestly i cant tell you that how much happy i'm right now thank you so much for improving my skills and believing in me.

By Wannida K

May 13, 2020

This is the course I really enjoy. The lessons, handouts, and assignments are really helpful. And I love learning with the instructor Professor Brad.

By Wesley R

Aug 16, 2020

it really awesome. i started to look around and DSD on everyday life. hopefully with this method i can actually improve my creative thinking. thanks

By Giuseppe A

Apr 17, 2020

The teachers are amazing, and the subject is definitely interesting and adhering to multiple realities and working positions. Definitely recommend!

By Phước T P

Apr 27, 2020

This is my first time taking an online course from an overseas unit. After the course, I found that I needed to improve my skills to serve my job.

By N S

Apr 26, 2020

nice to learn the new thing and throughout the course will have stimulate us to think and try having the new creative ideas with weekly exercise.

By Jonathan B

Apr 16, 2020

An amazing practical course where you learn indispensable skills for your success at school, at work and in life. Everyone deserves to study it.

By Thalia S

It's my first Coursera course, and I'm amazed by the way the materials are so compactly packed yet easy to understand and apply. Worth to try!

By Prateek N

Apr 11, 2020

This course is very nicely created with of creativity from the instructors. Very helpful for learning in my current role and responsibilities.

By Virakboth K

Jul 6, 2020

This course is very fun. It really boost my creativity and also my confidence. Thank you and I highly recommend everyone to study this course

By Brahmleen K

May 5, 2020

I cannot tell you how much have I enjoyed and learned from this course. Thank you to everyone, the professor, my peers who gave suggestions.

By Ridzuan A

Aug 27, 2020

Coursera help me solve problem creatively and this course give me an opportunity to learn something new outside of my classroom. Thank you.

By Nishant c

It was amazing learning with the learning app being a fresher on it the university and the learning content was really amazing and helpful.

By Navaneethkrishnan N

Apr 12, 2020

Loved taking part in the hands-on exercises. It ensured community participation and thus allowed the sharing of know-how to others as well.

By Tajudeen O J

Jun 4, 2020

The course has really taught to the ability to think out of box to get unusual, original and unique ideas. This is a really great course

By LeAnn M H

I loved this course because it took you out of your comfort zone and allowed you to express your creativity without feeling embarrassed