Back to Developing An Entrepreneurial Mindset: First Step Towards Success

Developing An Entrepreneurial Mindset: First Step Towards Success , Michigan State University

4.2

About this Course

This course is the first in a series on starting a business. Though new venture creation is the focus of the specialization, this course is important for everyone.To create a successful business it is not only about what you do (technical execution), it is also about how you think. This course provides learners with insights to re-frame their thinking in order to maximize their chances for success. So what can a learner expect to gain from this course? At the end of this course a learner: 1.) will be able to argue effectively against all of the reasons for not starting their business (or reaching some goal); 2.) will be able to operate effectively within the new framework or model for starting a business (or any new endeavor), thus increasing their chances for success; and 3.) will be able to make the initial business startup decisions of what type of business to start, and what type of business owner to be. Having an entrepreneurial mindset is critical to being successful as an entrepreneur. An entrepreneurial mindset stands alone in terms of its importance. No other attribute, personality, inherent entrepreneurial proclivities, training, or demographic profile is common to all successful entrepreneurs whether Warren Buffet, Steve Jobs, or the neighborhood florist or grocer. The course provides learners with an understanding of the attributes and perspectives of an entrepreneurial mindset, and the process to acquire one. We suggest that learners bring an open mind and be willing to thoroughly explore the nascent business ventures they have been carrying with them.The course introduces concepts that enables a person to start a trans-formative process in the way they think generally, and in the way they think about business specifically. This new way of thinking has the potential to positively impact not only them, but their family, and community....

By SP

Aug 06, 2018

I learned basic principles of starting a business as an entrepreneur. Very inspirational and useful to get correct mindset for business.

By AS

Feb 14, 2016

Practical and useful... good for someone who has thought of opening a business, but who has never actually taken action.

48 Reviews

By hamza mehboob

Feb 09, 2019

Nice course. Although real people who want to do something, just do something.

By James L. Olsen

Jan 18, 2019

Excellent course that lays out the components of the entrepreneurial mindset by both exposing the commonly held myths we hold and reveling the truth of trusted methodologies prevalent in functioning during a business start up. Great instructors with a knowledgeable and personal approach. Very happy with what I learned and with the useful information I am taking away with me. Thanks!

By Katherine Bueler

Jan 03, 2019

I'm very happy and relieved to have found this specialization, and this course. Dr. Carter is saying just what I need to hear: my instincts are right, but he is formalizing that and putting it in an actualizable framework. The website Fundera referred me here, when I went looking for "how to write a business plan".

By Mark Roller

Oct 24, 2018

Very good course to help develop an entrepreneurial mindset.

By Hafiz Ahsan Saleem

Oct 10, 2018

Refund my fee

By Donavan Eugene

Sep 21, 2018

Great course. It helped me rekindle my passion and enthusiasm for entrepreneurship. It really helped me look at failure in a new light. now more than ever, failure will not stop me from pursuing my goal of owning my business but will be the pivot upon which I persevere

By PRITISH KUMAR

Sep 05, 2018

Its a very interesting and informative course. I have also recommended my friends and colleagues.

By Sandipkumar Patel

Aug 06, 2018

By Danilo Chiarlone

Jul 18, 2018

Not really what I expected but it gave me good insight on things I was doing wrong.

I just wish I had the patience and time to watch the lectures.

By Ahasanul Basher Hamza

May 23, 2018

One of the best course on this platform. Very good content. And instructors were also very good.