Back to Developing An Entrepreneurial Mindset: First Step Towards Success

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Developing An Entrepreneurial Mindset: First Step Towards Success by Michigan State University

4.4

This course is the first in a series on starting a business. Though new venture creation is the focus of the specialization, this course is important for everyone.To create a successful business it is not only about what you do (technical execution), it is also about how you think. This course provides learners with insights to re-frame their thinking in order to maximize their chances for success. So what can a learner expect to gain from this course? At the end of this course a learner: 1.) will be able to argue effectively against all of the reasons for not starting their business (or reaching some goal); 2.) will be able to operate effectively within the new framework or model for starting a business (or any new endeavor), thus increasing their chances for success; and 3.) will be able to make the initial business startup decisions of what type of business to start, and what type of business owner to be. Having an entrepreneurial mindset is critical to being successful as an entrepreneur. An entrepreneurial mindset stands alone in terms of its importance. No other attribute, personality, inherent entrepreneurial proclivities, training, or demographic profile is common to all successful entrepreneurs whether Warren Buffet, Steve Jobs, or the neighborhood florist or grocer. The course provides learners with an understanding of the attributes and perspectives of an entrepreneurial mindset, and the process to acquire one. We suggest that learners bring an open mind and be willing to thoroughly explore the nascent business ventures they have been carrying with them.The course introduces concepts that enables a person to start a trans-formative process in the way they think generally, and in the way they think about business specifically. This new way of thinking has the potential to positively impact not only them, but their family, and community....

MR
Aug 16, 2020

This course is very helpful for who want to start a business venture. This course already changed my opinion about starting a business. Thanks to all who crate this type course.

PV
Jul 25, 2020

Well structured and balanced. This has helped me to better understand what is required to not just start a business, but how to use the mindset at work to trial new things.

76 - 100 of 113 Reviews for Developing An Entrepreneurial Mindset: First Step Towards Success

By Jacqui T

Aug 30, 2020

Great course and new understanding of how to be a more effective entrepreneur. The course in general just needed a little more visual representations, instead of just words on powerpoint but otherwise it was great. Highly recommended.

thanks

By Kevin A

Mar 18, 2016

Great course! Would have given it 5 stars , but this first course by itself is not much. I'm definitely going to check out the other courses in the specialization, as I'm pretty confident that as a whole it will be more complete.

By MARION W

Oct 27, 2020

Honestly, I REALLY enjoyed this course. It helped me who often feels very anti-business to see the great opportunities and value entrepreneurship has in this world.

By Jennifer G

Sep 16, 2020

This course gave me courage and helped me see a pathway to starting my own business. It no longer seems an impossible goal....though it will take a lot of work!

By Gábor Z H

Jun 11, 2016

Good material, insightful thoughts about starting a business. However, course material could be better quality. Looking forward to the following courses.

By Abdul T S

Aug 15, 2020

Thank you for guiding me through the business World as an entrepreneurial. I learned a lot, you people are the best.

By Sandile N

Aug 28, 2020

Some Peers don't take reviews seriously they just do it to move on to the next lesson not considering other.

By Abhishek A J

May 16, 2020

Very nice structured course to come out of your comfort zone and get the perfect business mindset

By Tejas H L

Oct 4, 2020

the course was quite informative, discussions and topics covered cleared many of my doubts.

By Manikandan K

Sep 20, 2020

Excellent course. I learned about entrepreneur skills and different principles of business.

By hamza m

Feb 9, 2019

Nice course. Although real people who want to do something, just do something.

By Eva A V

Jun 20, 2020

Very well organized and interesting course. Thanks, really enjoyed it,

By ISHAN S

Sep 17, 2020

session was very useful with practical experience.

By SACHINKUMAR R J

It was nice experience of learning

By Aliexo f

Feb 14, 2016

take the first step forward

By Lenny B

Mar 13, 2017

Very Good.

By rukhsana k

Sep 2, 2019

I don't like the assignment review system so giving it three star but content wise its five star .

For mindset challenge once i got 23/32 I failed then I again attempted got 23 /32 this time status showed passed .Even if you are done with all course and one assignments remains pending due to review and you can't completed course and review depends where classmates get time to review or not .IF you submitted your assignment again it takes long time in getting reviewed which think needs to be changed .

By Piotr P

Mar 7, 2016

Good and straightforward content but with so very little written excercises and thus very little room for lecturer feedback - I would not pay an additional 100$ just to get rated like that (I might consider it if the price included the mentioned books though). Still - I find it a very well designed, concise course. Thank you!

By Mridula S

Oct 27, 2017

This course is good but there are places where it gets too theoretical and a few more activities will make it more interactive especially towards module 7,8 and 9

By mohit

Jun 20, 2017

Their was problem in communication as the voice is not so clear.

It will be great if you can work on that and along with that content should be more engaging.

By Danilo C

Jul 18, 2018

Not really what I expected but it gave me good insight on things I was doing wrong.

I just wish I had the patience and time to watch the lectures.