Back to Stanford Introduction to Food and Health

Jun 22, 2018

2801 - 2825 of 2,841 Reviews for Stanford Introduction to Food and Health

By Lisa v V

Feb 21, 2017

Useful information about nutrition, I would've loved to learn more about that. The part about home-cooking and how to reduce the health risks when cutting an onion where too superficial and unnecessary for me.

By Anna J

Jun 20, 2017

I live in the Czech republic (central Europe) and I didn't learn anything new about nutrition in this course. I know it all, from my mother and my grandmother and, well, we all know it should by like this, not saying it IS like this :-) but for me this course was very interesting as a "sociological research". Are there really people who don't know that home cooking is healthier than highly processed fast food? Are there people who don't know how important vegetable is? Very often I was just thinking "are you kidding me or is this the real life in the US?"

By Deniz Ö

Mar 27, 2017

It is a kind of introduction course as it was mentioned on course info, however it is very basic.

If there would be follow up courses about the same topic it is a good start, otherwise that is not a learning based lecture.

Thank you for your understanding.

Deniz Ozalp

By Frederique

Jan 19, 2016

Very basic content. I am not sure that there was anything new for me in this course. I am born in France and I guess we learn this from our families.

By Jessica S

Jan 18, 2016

Far too easy and far too basic for me. I would have hoped for a more in-depth and scientific look at food and nutrition.

By José V d C

Oct 23, 2016

Very basic knowledge

By Susana C M

May 09, 2017

Weak courses, information very obvious. You don´t even need to watch the videos to pass the assignments. Maybe American lifestyle is not so healthy, but I thought it was a waste of time and money. It is indeed just an introduction. I wouldn't recommend it

By Aya A E

Jan 21, 2018

A very general information is given. I was expecting to have more information on how to divide my protein in take or carbs throughout everyday meals.

By Brooke A L

Jan 11, 2018

While the information provided was helpful in some cases, I highly disagree with the staff behind this writing that veganism is, quote, "the least sustainable method" as a food solution. That's simply untrue to say; that spreads misinformation about the lifestyle choice, and only further encourages people to not consider it for themselves. I understand trying to be reasonable, as the common western citizen consumes meat and dairy and God forbid you hurt anyone's feelings, but there is no need to spread mistruths for the sake of saving someone's feelings. Overall it was a good course, and I'm grateful to have learned something through Stanford, I just disagree with a lot of the information presented within the course (namely, that veganism is unsustainable and that fish is safe, and furthermore nutritious to eat - spoiler, it really isn't, and overfishing is a serious issue that this course seems to mention nothing of at all when discussing it as a food choice). Plus, a lot of what was discussed, I was already educated on. So I sincerely wish it was more in-depth, thorough, and more respectful to dietary/lifestyle choices outside of the omnivore perspective. Thank you to both the Stanford and Coursera communities for providing this course as a tool to better health and wellness in this world that often makes it feel almost impossible.

By Linda W

Feb 13, 2016

Too simplistic if you already have some knowledge about a healthy lifestyle

By HM

Feb 24, 2016

This is less of a university level course and more of a long infomercial for Michael Pollen books with a cooking show at the end.

There is no interviews with nutritionists or scientists. In fact, there really isn't much here in the way of science at all.

The cooking videos are fun with some good recipes.

By Irene S

Aug 25, 2017

Very well made, but waaaaay too easy, not enough information and more of a first session at your nutritionist without the personalised information - for someone who has never ever showed an interest in nutrition before. Especially the choice as Michael Pollan as the only "expert" invited by the main host to join is very questionable. I would have liked to have more detailed information and real experts of nutrition and not writing.

By juliana F

Oct 30, 2017

very basic, I was expecting a more in depth approach.

By Mohamed A

Jan 29, 2018

In my opinion this course not help me as a doctor to know about diet,calories,regems,the calories of each ingredient i find this information is simple and every one can recognize it i want more medical information that help me to work in nourishment

By barbara c

Apr 26, 2018

I think this course is too basic. I had expected to learn more in-depth about nutrition. It feels more like cooking for dummies.

By Nadezhda

Mar 29, 2018

Этакое руководство для будущего первокурсника, который собирается покинуть родительский дом и хочет правильно организовать свое питание.

By Giacomo M

Jul 06, 2018

Probably my delusion has been caused by different kind of expectation: nothing about this course is "wrong" I just found it excessively simple and basic, perhaps directed to a public that never took a knife and cut some vegetables before. I was hoping in some more technical information, and nutritional biology.. it looked more like a well made commercial for a healthy life stile.

By Sebastian S

May 12, 2018

Vegan propaganda and encourage you to eat shitty foods such as pasta. Can't believe it.

By A

Sep 05, 2018

Aside from the recipes presented in Week 5, the course is very general and in my opinion does not teach valuable information about nutrition.

The advices that were given concerning choices in nutrition are very basic and in my opinion they are common knowledge.

By Timo S

Jun 05, 2019

Too Basic for me. No deeper Informations and a little bit too american focused.

By Vanya D

Aug 02, 2019

Very high level, basic information. Probably useful to someone that has no idea about nutrition.

By Elena

Aug 04, 2019

Created by Captain Obvious

By Yashasvi g

Sep 11, 2019

I knew almost everything this course taught. Was expecting to get more detailed information.

By Elvira V

Sep 23, 2019

Общеизвестная информация, мало нового

By Susanne M

Dec 05, 2016

Well, this course definetely has a clear message and a good purpose. However, it is very basic and coursera might not the right platform.