Back to Introduction to Business Analytics: Communicating with Data

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Business Analytics: Communicating with Data by University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign

This course introduces students to the science of business analytics while casting a keen eye toward the artful use of numbers found in the digital space. The goal is to provide businesses and managers with the foundation needed to apply data analytics to real-world challenges they confront daily in their professional lives. Students will learn to identify the ideal analytic tool for their specific needs; understand valid and reliable ways to collect, analyze, and visualize data; and utilize data in decision making for their agencies, organizations or clients....

RP

Sep 04, 2019

It was great to give me a better understanding about the way how we can structure and systematically deliver a great data visualization. It will definitely improve my communication.

RJ

It is an amazing course for a beginner who has just ventured into the world of analytics. Not only were the lectures amazingly explained, the assignments also were interesting.

1 - 25 of 61 Reviews for Introduction to Business Analytics: Communicating with Data

By Mohamed P

Sep 26, 2019

Amazing course - changed my perception about Data Analytics.

I understand why Kevin Hartner is heading Google's Analytics - he completely focuses on the story rather than the data (80% WHY - 20% HOW RULE)

By Miriam S

Jul 19, 2019

Amazing course - my only issue is that I think it was previously part of a 6 series specialization and I can't locate the other courses.

By Matthew B

May 29, 2019

Awesome course and even better instructor!

By Ksenia K

Apr 11, 2019

The course is rather boring. The instructor can't get the audience interested with a topic since he gets confused with his own words sometimes. The course focuses on some simple things too much and when it comes to something complicated - he gets over it too fast.

By Yongpeav O

This course very amazing help knowing alot about how to use data in the correct way and the right time use it. For moreover it give us each explanation in the lesson very clear and easy to understand about that. Thank you university and professor for provide this online course thank you.

By David A

Apr 17, 2020

Fantastic introduction course and very well explained. I enjoyed all the readings and all the recommended books and material was very good. I plan on taking several more courses from Gies College of Business and recommend the course to anyone. Thanks.

By Soobia K

Apr 07, 2020

It was a great start to expand on my very basic Dataviz skills. The most valuable part of the course was an introduction to new tools and applying different models/rules to build a story that your audience can connect!

By Shilpa B M

I learnt many new things about data communication. This course is helping me to improve my way of communicating data. I wish to recommend this course to our students with data analytics specialization.

By Rafael P

Sep 04, 2019

By Riya J

By Brandon M

Jun 09, 2019

Great course. I learned more than I expected and I have greater insight into the methodology for creating better visuals from data.

By KESANI T K

I'm very helpful and glad to achieve this course, learned amazed things in communicating h data

By Greg B

Sep 15, 2019

Excellent course that provides a foundation and guiding principles for communicating with data.

By Shailesh B

Jan 29, 2020

Very Good Course and contents. If anyone beginner to do the Business Analytics, must do.

By Ahmad k

May 16, 2020

It was great to learned this course i suggest it for others to learn about new things

By Soumya M

May 08, 2020

Really like the way of putting up such complicated material in the most easiest way.

By arnab b

Dec 11, 2018

Amazing learning from professor Kevin. Thank you so much for all the insight.

By Noah M

Great insights for simple tools I was completely unaware of!! Thanks Kevin!

By KRITIKA A I

May 01, 2020

Very useful course basic points how to use Dataviz and how important it is

By Prateeksha K

Apr 16, 2020

For someone new to this field, the course has been very helpful!

By Sanad L

Apr 08, 2020

Great introduction to business analytics and great instructor.

By Mohammed A

Feb 07, 2020

Has been made with Smart, Rich content, and understandable.

By SHARAN M A

Its was really an interesting course. Its was useful

By riya G

May 01, 2020

very good course for the beginners .

By Urmila I

May 04, 2020

It was a good learning experience