Back to Our Earth: Its Climate, History, and Processes

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Our Earth: Its Climate, History, and Processes by University of Manchester

Develop a greater appreciation for how the air, water, land, and life formed and have interacted over the last 4.5 billion years....

AF
Nov 22, 2020

Enjoyed this a lot and learnt a lot. Many thanks to the lecturers and team who produced it, clearly much thought and effort went into putting the materials together: exemplary on-line learning!

SD
Jun 4, 2020

I absolutely loved each and every part of this course. The video lectures and reading material were very interesting and easy to understand. Definitely recommending this course to my friends!

1 - 25 of 63 Reviews for Our Earth: Its Climate, History, and Processes

By Anna C

Nov 14, 2017

I found this course highly fascinating as it built up my knowledge on some aspects such as the layers of the earth but it introduced me to knew information like the explanation of how mountains can affect the atmospheric temperatures and the different temperatures of the atmosphere as you move away from the surface of the earth. It has left me becoming intrigued in some new areas of geography which i would like to learn more about in greater depth and it has demonstrated how different climatic conditions can be linked together and interrelated. i will most likely go away and find some documentaries to follow up on this course in the aspects i found most interesting.

By MANIMARAN A

Apr 20, 2017

From this course, i have learned Earth system science is the study has more scientific data stemming from various fields of research, such as the atmosphere, oceans, land ice and others, fit together to form the current picture of our planet as a whole, including its changing climate.

Thank you Professor's.

By Phillip W R

Mar 15, 2017

Awesome course! it was definitely a whirlwind of information, but the team at Manchester University really put together a great set of stories to whet the appetite and lay down a foundation of knowledge needed to understand these holistic-type processes.

By Agustin G

Jun 25, 2018

Excelent chance to understand how different spheres in the earth system deeply connect and interact with each other. Variables that slighlty change in one system can have a major impact in other orthers of the earth climate.

By Syed A S

Mar 22, 2018

It was a really nice, and interesting course, which will definitely help me in my career. Thanks University of Manchester!

By JOHN Q

Dec 6, 2017

A great course with some interesting and educational concepts. I really enjoyed this course. Thanks so much.

By Lashawn G

Jul 7, 2017

Very interesting for non-science learners.

By Mohammed S A

Aug 29, 2017

It was fantastic journey with our earth

By Victor J A J F

Apr 8, 2018

curso muy completo e interesante

By Lukasz K

Jun 18, 2020

I really enjoyed the journey prof Schultz and other lecturers took me on. Even though I already had some geographical knowledge, I did learn a lot and I feel more confident about teaching about climate change and the different aspects of it. The course was presented in a way I didn't feel pressurised to understand every little detail but rather to learn what I needed, building upon what I already knew. I enjoyed the Build Your Own Earth modelling and might use it to work with secondary school students to learn about climate. Thanks for a great course!

By Helen A

Excellent course. Clear and well structured. Packed full of fascinating information. Given me a new eye for the world around me, a much deeper understanding, and motivation to learn more. My son was interested in studying Earth Science at University and completing this course together has enabled him to move forward with confidence to apply for a full Geology degree.

By Markus W

Our Earth was among the two best courses I made on Coursera. I find it highly recommendable. I found the student book highly valuable, as it allowed me to also read the presented material in advance, which made it much easier for me to follow the videos.

By Md. I M

Jul 3, 2020

Nice course ,have to grip more knowledge. Thanks all

By Sarah R D

Jun 5, 2020

By Manojkumar P

Sep 10, 2017

This has proved to be a very useful course for me...

Thank the Team who put all the content together

Dr. Manojkumar P. Devne

Associate Professor

S.P.College, Pune 411030

Maharashtra, India

By Frank M

Jun 26, 2020

I audited the course and completed all except the exams and am using it as a refresher course. Great course and I recommend it highly.

By Richard K M

Aug 29, 2020

I've quite enjoyed this course! This Senior Citizen has been able to review and update facts and concepts studied long ago, as well as get a nice introduction into climate modeling through the Build Your Own Earth component. I could have readily gone through this material in more detail over a longer (12 week?) program of prescribed study. Thanks, University of Manchester. And thanks, Coursera!

By Harish I

Jul 26, 2020

A fantastic course for all those who are looking to undergo a learning towards the overall picture of the climate change affecting our planet. Very good reading references provided for future use to be able to explore further the various interesting topics.

By Andrew F

Nov 23, 2020

By Katherine T

Oct 20, 2020

Very interesting course, efficiently delivered. Some of the quiz questions were more tricky than helpful, but overall, a worthwhile course and good introduction to Earth's climate.

By Tracey R

Sep 2, 2020

Loved this course! The study time was much more than indicated, but the course provided a comprehensive look at Earth systems. Highly recommend. Thank you to all the instructors.

By Alain J

Aug 20, 2019

an excellent course, it size me at perfeccion becouse i am an bioclimatic architect and i need to know how the climate work

By Gabriel A F G

Nov 25, 2020

El profesor es directo en las explicaciones y ejemplos,y las actividades prácticas con Google Earth son muy interesantes.

By Manuel J L M

Sep 12, 2017

Excellent course to know more about our planet Earth and to understand why we are so fortunate to live in it now.

By Suparkorn S

Jun 2, 2019

So informative and well-prepared learning materials for students. Thank you very much for your course.