Back to Principles of Photo Composition and Digital Image Post-Production

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Principles of Photo Composition and Digital Image Post-Production by Michigan State University

Welcome to Course THREE! In the first two Modules you will gain a more professional-level understanding of the Design Elements that artists have used throughout history to create successful compositions. Arranging the Elements in ways that lead viewers through their compositions is an essential craft for photographers no matter whether their subject matter is pure documentary or vividly exotic personal expression. In Modules 3 & 4 we survey the essential elements of post-photography image management, using Adobe(tm) LIGHTROOM(tm). Image adjustment software designed for Smartphone photographers rounds out the Course. Since even photographers whose mainstay is a high-end DSLR also must admit to Smartphone use occasionally, and photographers who only use a Smartphone will usually admit that they want to step over to a "regular" camera at some point, there is something for everyone here! Let's get started with Module One!...

AT

Dec 02, 2017

Great course structure. Great Professors and Mentors. This course has really help me grow a lot as a photographer. I'm so thankful to Coursera & MSU for putting such a great course for learners.

CL

Jul 25, 2016

This was a very interesting and eye opening course for me. So many great techniques I found of such value. Peter & Mark left me with a great feeling of confidence after taken this course

1 - 25 of 132 Reviews for Principles of Photo Composition and Digital Image Post-Production

By German B

Dec 03, 2018

Very nice and detailed course for introduction to the post production in photography.

By George B

Dec 27, 2018

Very useful, you can really benefit from the power of mobile editing.

By Abdurrahman S

Jan 25, 2019

good

By SURAJIT D

Feb 28, 2019

Excellent

By joy o

Mar 24, 2019

photo composition lessons very well done. Post production somewhat more difficult for first-timers

By Shamily K

Jan 27, 2019

I like to learn a lot from ur teaching

By Karen W

Feb 01, 2019

This course provided outstanding foundational informaiton regaridng the use of various post-production software packages for both tranditional and smartphone cameras.

By Priyanka F P

Apr 14, 2019

Excellent technical knowledge!

By José M G

Dec 05, 2018

Excelent!

By Andreas Z

Jul 11, 2018

Great course, given with so much care for details.

By David T

Aug 11, 2016

A great course with very enthusiastic and responsive teaching staff

By Neil B

Apr 01, 2017

This session represented a continuation of what for me has been an very fine series of photography lessons. Professors Glendinning and Sullivan are excellent, and I would go so far as to so Professor Glendinning is outstanding, at presenting the technical and creative aspects of photography, and though I still have an incredibly long way to go before I consider myself either technically or artistically proficient, I believe I have learned so much in these first months that I now truly know what it is to make a photograph rather than to simply take a picture.

By Adler J

Nov 06, 2017

I really enjoy learning with both professors, it is a delight, I was a perfect neophyte, today, I can say, I have no fear of the camera and I also understand the mechanism related to shooting decent elements. I can't wait to complete this third month...

By soledad b

Sep 10, 2017

Fantastic course, learning about Apps for editing, collage, layers and creative compositions! Loving it!!

Thanks coursera for this amazing opportunity, thanks to professors Glendinning and Sullivan :)

By Michael O

May 13, 2016

Очень понравился

By Fatima R N

Dec 02, 2016

Dear professors Peter and Mark, I am very happy with the improved knowledge and results during the courses. Really, the excitement of you is mine too! I confess that I have a degree in digital photography and his classes always amaze me! It's a great joy to be able to access such a well-prepared content and watch your incredible classes! A hug with affection and admiration, until the end of the 4th. course!

Fátima Nunes

Feb 26, 2017

very good

By Sana I

Oct 03, 2017

enjoyed making pictures during this course.

By Anna c

Jan 28, 2017

Excellent, i wish id known about it before i did and open university course in the uk at the same cost which is why i only did the audit on this one. this was much much better and went into detail so much better. Im waiting to start a journalism speciality which is why im auditing some of the others in this series in the meantime.

By Suryanarayana T V N B

Dec 03, 2017

The course is very good. But I need more exercises to practice. Or optionally Professors should suggest more exercises even if not for credit.

By Nancy L Y L

Nov 28, 2016

This course has good motivation and challenging. Before taking this course, I do not know much about photography and always refuse to hold a camera. The knowledge I have gained from this course has changed my way of taking photo.

By Chantelle E

Jun 09, 2016

I am sad to be coming to the end of this specialization. I have learned so much and don't want it to end.