Back to Building Web Applications in PHP

Building Web Applications in PHP, University of Michigan

About this Course

In this course, you'll explore the basic structure of a web application, and how a web browser interacts with a web server. You'll be introduced to the request/response cycle, including GET/POST/Redirect. You'll also gain an introductory understanding of Hypertext Markup Language (HTML), as well as the basic syntax and data structures of the PHP language, variables, logic, iteration, arrays, error handling, and superglobal variables, among other elements. An introduction to Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) will allow you to style markup for webpages. Lastly, you'll gain the skills and knowledge to install and use an integrated PHP/MySQL environment like XAMPP or MAMP....

By YY

Feb 10, 2018

Even being quite an expert in area, I still enjoyed this course a lot and learning quite much from it as well. Highly recommended to everyone who developed an interest to PHP and web-applications.

By VN

Feb 21, 2018

Thanks for a great course by which I learn a lot of experience from the experts :-). One of the my assignments has been gradually developed into a more robust site at https://englishpicture.net

171 Reviews

By JILAN D 17BIT0015

Mar 22, 2019

GOOD EXPERIENCE

By Yumei Leventhal

Mar 20, 2019

An excellent course taught by the best prof on Coursera!

By Abrar Hussain

Mar 20, 2019

Excellent teaching style by Dr. Chuk. I am able to develop web application after completing this course.

Thanks to Coursera and Dr. Chuk for great work.

By Andrea Mammoliti

Mar 14, 2019

I know several programming languages and I have been programming for a while but I think that this course really made understand much better how the web works and gave me solid foundations to build on top of for PHP. I also think the length is pretty reasonable and the assignment really make you realize what is the code about

By Suat Ozturk

Mar 11, 2019

Great course !

By Nikita Murashov Andreevich

Feb 28, 2019

I just love it. That's all.

By Dewang Rajkakati

Feb 22, 2019

PHP is great, Professor is also great

By Aamir Kalimi

Feb 16, 2019

Good Content Good Syllabus Good Exercises Make this Most Taking Course on Web Application.

By Nabil Fawzy Halim Ajayby

Feb 15, 2019

It is great Course .Cover the informations without any boring .I like the way that he explain with Many thanks

By Sofia Margarita Gomez Lorenzon

Feb 08, 2019

I really liked this course and found it very useful despite the fact I'd actually been working with php for a few months beforehand. The course really helped me to understand the structure of the web to be able to work better with it. I thought the lectures have a great rythm and the later assignments were a nice way to introduce good practices in security without being too preachy.