Back to Entrepreneurship 1: Developing the Opportunity

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Entrepreneurship 1: Developing the Opportunity by University of Pennsylvania

How does a good idea become a viable business opportunity? What is entrepreneurship and who fits the profile of an entrepreneur? This introductory course is designed to introduce you to the foundational concepts of entrepreneurship, including the definition of entrepreneurship, the profile of the entrepreneur, the difference between entrepreneurship and entrepreneurial management, and the role of venture creation in society. You’ll explore where technology entrepreneurship and impact entrepreneurship align and where they diverge, and you’ll learn proven techniques for identifying the opportunity, assessing the opportunity, hypothesis testing and creating a prototype. By the end of this course, you’ll know how to test, validate and prototype your idea, and also whether or not you fit the profile of an entrepreneur! You’ll also be ready to move on to the next phase of entrepreneurship in Entrepreneurship 2: Launching the Start-Up....

AG
May 4, 2017

'Entrepreneurship 1: Developing the Opportunity' made me believe that i had all that one should know before starting up. I would recommend this course to all those looking to build the next big thing.

OO
Feb 28, 2021

Coursera is the best,,, I’ve always thought going to school was all you need to acquire the knowledge you want... But now I no you can be home and acquire your knowledge through the help of coursera..

126 - 150 of 736 Reviews for Entrepreneurship 1: Developing the Opportunity

By omar s

Feb 13, 2021

one of the most great course i have ever seen , the doctors are so qualified and present great information.

I recommend this course for the people wich keen on the business

By Nenchinmwa M D

Jun 8, 2020

I’m really happy and proud to have been a part of this and I definitely would continue through the other stages. The program is very easy to understand and it is inspiring

By Jose A P

Mar 1, 2016

This is an excellent course. It prepares you with everything you need in order to learn how to develope a business opportunity just from the idea.

I do recommend it 100%.

By John P M

Oct 31, 2020

Thank you Wharton for this opportunity in learning the basics of Entrepreneurship. I loved the online sessions. Will definitely enroll to the next specialized courses.

By Muhammad S H

Jul 2, 2017

Very helpful in understanding the process of developing the opportunity, I am sure this will save me a lot of time and efforts in my business opportunity exploration.

By Dapo I

Sep 22, 2017

An excellently conceived and excellently delivered course. Very useful, engaging and practical. Thumbs up all round! Thank you for brilliant tools, ideas and guides.

By Cesar K

Apr 3, 2020

Module based on real facts. Professors with experience as entrepreneurs. Content Delivered in Logic order. This is simply what i was looking for. Thanks to wharton.

By Kelli L

Apr 2, 2016

I really enjoyed this course. It stretched me to think beyond my scope and I'm looking forward to commencing further modules in the Entrepreneurship Specialisation.

By This G O H

Nov 24, 2018

This course gave me a better idea for what to do when starting a startup. It really grounds me and shows me what I could do for my product to make it successful.

By Oleksandr Bushkovskyi

Jun 6, 2019

It was amazing experience! I feel that now I have much better understanding of tools and approaches that can increase my chance of success in starting business.

By Nabetcy G

Dec 10, 2018

Excellent, I have learned may tips about the way to developing the prototypes. It's important to assess your potential to develop a enterpreurship successfull.

By Eric Y F X

Feb 23, 2018

It is great to know the methodology about innovation in start up and big company. It can help you to develop your own method to evaluate the new opportunities.

By Cole M

Feb 28, 2016

Very informative! After finishing part one, I now know that this is the program I want to take. I look forward to learning how exactly how to start my company!

By Arunoday S

Oct 15, 2017

Wonderful course for entrepreneurs in their early stage of work.

Beautifully explained the subtle nuances of developing a business idea to its practical form.

By Steven S

Aug 26, 2018

A great course given by excellent professors. It teaches best practices and challenges its students to use the best approach to development of our offering.

By Ivy O

Jun 23, 2019

I am truly amazed, I never believed it could be this possible .

thanks to my friend that introduced me to coursera as I am looking forward to do more courses

By Vishwajit S

Sep 2, 2019

Extremely beneficial for a student like me who is going to start his career.I am sure that this course will help me in giving a flying start to my career.

By jeyavishnu

Oct 2, 2019

A well developed content with many new concepts and models, which are crafted in a manner that is easy to understand. I really like it. Great experience!

By 류호창

Jun 8, 2017

I've learned Entrepreneurship course, and I developed my career and academic knowledge through this course. I would like to an other coursera course if I

By Pragya M

Apr 17, 2020

Very well taught, with great examples and interviews from real scenarios. This helped a great deal in iterating few concepts and ideas before launching.

By Abhishek S

Feb 20, 2016

Excellent Course. If you are really keen on being a entrepreneur, irrespective of the kind, this course definitely has really valuable lessons to offer.

By Eloi G

Apr 21, 2020

Really interesting, well-balanced approach to the topic of Entrepreneurship. A good set of teachers explain topics in a clear and substantiated manner.

By Rustam T

Feb 25, 2020

A must-take course for anyone interested in entrepreneurship. My appreciation to everybody who has helped to develop this course. Onto the next course.

By Bouna N

Feb 10, 2016

This course is exactly what I have been waiting for. Not having had the opportunity to have a business education, these teachings are invaluable to me.

By Jennifer P

Jul 14, 2020

Excellent course by amazing teachers. Excited to move onto the next class in the specialization. Thank you Wharton, for offering these courses online.