Back to Business Writing

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Business Writing by University of Colorado Boulder

Writing well is one of the most important skills you can develop to be successful in the business world. Over seventy companies and twenty thousand students--from professional writers to new employees to non-native English speakers to seasoned executives--have used the techniques in Business Writing to power their ability to communicate and launch their ideas. This course will teach you how to apply the top ten principles of good business writing to your work, how to deploy simple tools to dramatically improve your writing, and how to execute organization, structure, and revision to communicate more masterfully than ever. From the very first lesson, you'll be able to apply your new learning immediately to your work and improve your writing today. Your ideas are powerful. Learn how to deliver them with the clarity and impact they deserve. "Thank you for giving me the knowledge I need in life. [Business Writing] was helpful, life changing, and has made a huge impact in my writing." -- Message from a Business Writing student The principles you'll learn in this course enable you to become a great business writer. They also provide the foundation for moving into Graphic Design and Successful Presentation, so that you can unleash your best professional self whenever--and however--you present your ideas in the workplace....

YS

Jun 12, 2017

It was an exceptional course with lots to take away from. It taught basic building blocks of business writing and then built upon it which provided a great way to self learn the content of the course.

JS

Jan 10, 2018

Even if English is your first language, this course was a great refresher of how to apply writing skills to email and business documents. I would recommend to anyone looking to sharpen their skills.

1 - 25 of 317 Reviews for Business Writing

By Sergio R

Feb 06, 2019

The course did fulfill my expectations. Just a note for the future, the continuous camera angle changes caused me distractions. Except for that the contents were very clear and easy to follow.

By Anuradha M

Feb 18, 2019

It was good but a bit basic for me. I was looking for help with writing bigger documents and reports. But some good insights gained.

By George V

Dec 11, 2018

efficient and needful course; highly recommended.

By Yasmina M

Dec 10, 2018

Thank you, it has definitely helped me a lot!

By Polina

Nov 26, 2018

I think this was the best course I've ever taken at Coursera (without 'I think' at the start:).

Business Writing from Colorado Boulder was perfect for me since the videos are short and followed by a small quiz: I am not into long-reads or 30-minute audio / video tutorials - those seem like lots of work, I rarely get to the end.

The course helped me look at my work from a different angle and fill in the gaps I had. I really appreciate the great work of Dr.McAndrew and the rest of the team.

By Umair Z U H

Nov 27, 2018

Very effective and accurate.

By Nikhil D

Dec 16, 2018

This course has been so helpful to clarify the thought process for effective communication

By Aurore B

Dec 01, 2018

I learned so many things, I feel more powerful and confident.

By Rebecca C

Nov 29, 2018

Loved it! Informative, simple and enjoyable.

By Ayoub M

Dec 01, 2018

Very helpful, clear and to the point. I love it.

By Gladys G M R

Dec 27, 2018

The course was easy to understand and provided many useful tips. I'm very thankful for the effort you made creating such an amazing course, I have no doubt that putting into practice what i've learn, will improve the quality of my writing.

By Nicola W

Dec 30, 2018

This was exactly what I was looking for in a business writing course.

By Habeeb A

Jan 02, 2019

This course helped me a great deal. kudos to Coursera

By Mahaboob S

Jan 02, 2019

Thank for teaching Business Writing course in a best way.

By Catherine D G

Jan 03, 2019

Exceptional course! Your enthusiasm, encouragement, and dedication to making this a great MOOC have set the bar high. Thank you.

By Jagannathan D

Feb 15, 2019

good.

By Nurul M M I

Feb 17, 2019

Made me reflect on my writing style.

By vedika j

Jan 23, 2019

This is well structured course and it covers all the small details of Business Writing that are often overlooked. Also, I loved Professor Quentin's style of teaching.

By Paulina A B

Feb 18, 2019

Recomiendo este curso porque de verdad es útil para cualquier trabajador y estudiante

By Mohammad S B

Feb 24, 2019

Gr8......

By guilherme t

Feb 25, 2019

Excelente para técnicas de escrita.

By Jeffery S

Mar 19, 2019

This is a great course to sharpen writing skills or to introduce key writing principles. The lessons are very effective and clear.

By Jessica G

Feb 28, 2019

An excellent refresher on the principles of good business writing. We all need to take a course like this and every year or two, to give us a chance to reflect on and improve our writing.

By Mohammad h

Mar 01, 2019

Excellent team, you did your best. Thanks

By Patrick F