Back to Chemistry

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Chemistry by University of Kentucky

This course is designed to cover subjects in advanced high school chemistry courses, correlating to the standard topics as established by the American Chemical Society. This course is a precursor to the Advanced Chemistry Coursera course. Areas that are covered include atomic structure, periodic trends, compounds, reactions and stoichiometry, bonding, and thermochemistry....

WL

Jul 24, 2016

This is a great course. The primary feature is the number of worked and practice problems. Instead of memorizing, one learns by doing. Short of being in the lab, this is the next best thing.

HM

Mar 17, 2017

This course was intriguing and eye opening for me. It was relevant and broadly useful.\n\nI hope I took the advantage of it and that it will help me in my future learnings of chemistry

151 - 168 of 168 Reviews for Chemistry

By Rohn G

Jun 11, 2016

Well explained and a lot of questions to practice.

By Abhishek

Dec 12, 2016

This course is quite best for a student want to learn basics properly.👏👏🌟

By Mercier F

Sep 02, 2017

Amazing course. Unfortunatly, the lecture notes are not always readable...

By Eyob

Mar 19, 2017

just like my college course

By Venkatesh P M

Jun 03, 2017

Not able to solve a problem in Quiz 7, to calculate delta H for the eqn. MgO + 2H+ ---> Mg2+ + H2O

I got only 1.01 KJ, but it is telling wrong.

Kindly send me the answer

By wissal

Dec 28, 2017

the is amazing

By Tanish S

Sep 19, 2016

It's a great course, but some of the questions could be improved. Many of the questions were too lacking in content.

By Ruby M

Oct 24, 2016

Very thorough, easy to stay self-motivated with the clear objectives and accessible lectures. Occasional demos were a treat!

By Jonás P

Aug 11, 2016

Excelente curso, las explicaciones on sencillas y amables para el aprendizaje

By rishita c

Jul 12, 2017

this course was amazing.I learnt so much.Truly an incredible experience

By Anupama

Apr 05, 2016

A very informative ,interesting journey through the world of chemistry

By Nathan B T

Jun 29, 2019

A nice introduction to chemistry. Only comments I'd make are that there are a lot of errata that would benefit from being corrected in the course lectures; invariably when I find myself confused about something I'm flip-flopping between "is the problem on my end or is there a typo somewhere in the video"? Also, if somehow there was a way to make some sort of hands-on content in teh course (maybe a lab simulation app?) that would make some parts a lot more engaging!

By Pooja D

Nov 13, 2019

Good.

By M K

Dec 04, 2018

Professor is very knowledgeable. Possibly needs a slower approach to instruction

Very difficult course and I am not even done with week 1

By Dave H

Aug 31, 2017

Good to have a lot of practice problems to help gain familiarity with some of the concepts.

Course notes would be more useful if they included at least *all* of the slide material (rather than only some part of each slide). There are also a large number of errors, both in the narrative, in the slides, and in the practice problems, which ought to be corrected.

Some concepts were never clearly explained, especially work done in compressing a gas at a given temperature and pressure (they can't both be held constant during compression! -- not clear).

By Daniel I

Apr 09, 2017

Good course, I enjoyed learning chemistry! However, the pdf slides could be much better made, since most of them are empty, and the errors in the quiz should be corrected

By Collin C

Mar 14, 2017

The information is not presented well and the math is not always taught.

By TheMan

Jun 24, 2016

Poor lectures, inaccurate and incomplete information. Narrative about changing colors is reminiscent of Sal Khan. I just can't listen to any more of this.