Back to Child Nutrition and Cooking

Child Nutrition and Cooking, Stanford University

About this Course

Eating patterns that begin in childhood affect health and well-being across the lifespan. The culture of eating has changed significantly in recent decades, especially in parts of the world where processed foods dominate our dietary intake. This course examines contemporary child nutrition and the impact of the individual decisions made by each family. The health risks associated with obesity in childhood are also discussed. Participants will learn what constitutes a healthy diet for children and adults and how to prepare simple, delicious foods aimed at inspiring a lifelong celebration of easy home-cooked meals. This course will help prepare participants to be the leading health providers, teachers and parents of the present and future.The text and other material in this course may include the opinion of the specific instructor and are not statements of advice, endorsement, opinion, or information of Stanford University....

By ZP

Oct 07, 2015

This course is immensely informative, as well as fun! I loved the way Maya made things simple, with diagrams to accompany all of the the nutrition information. I hope she does more courses like these!

By RH

Sep 17, 2017

very useful and practical course.. it boosts my positive energy to cook more and more in healthy way for my baby coz much love=much healthy.. It inspired me, it's very simple , easy and very healthy..

1,442 Reviews

By Sandie Joyce

Dec 12, 2018

great course , lots of helpful info

By yaroslav

Dec 11, 2018

Short but pleasant course

By Zaina

Dec 07, 2018

A very professional job has been done by the team very smooth technique and a very beautiful and interesting information

I encourage parents and Dietitan to participate in learning this course because it's more than nutrition and cooking

Big thank to the teacher first and to the all team of Stanford uni and Courcers

By Maria Blaisdell

Dec 05, 2018

Incredible and easy to understand content. I would recommend this highly recommend this course to parents/caregivers. Most content could apply to adults without children as well. It gave me to confidence and courage to provide well balanced and mindful meals.

By Manjula.s

Dec 02, 2018

Very useful and it is easy for working individuals trainers are good

By Allison Parker

Dec 01, 2018

I thoroughly enjoyed this course. The information presented was clear, thorough and educational. The course included various tips and recommendations paired with practical advice and science based information.

By 林志健(Zhijian Lin)

Nov 30, 2018

It's easy to understood. I learned how to cook healthy food for kids.

By maria de lourdes ontiveros

Nov 29, 2018

al ser mexicana le doy mucha importancia a la preparación de los alimentos y sobre todo en la compañia de mis familiares, hacer espacios de comunicacion e interacion disfrutando los placeres.

By Ekaterina Nguyen

Nov 28, 2018

The info is mostly applicable to those who live in US.

By Olga Vitkovskaia

Nov 26, 2018

I just loved it, I know much and I'm doing much for my family of what is told here, but it will be so good to explain to your clients in simple words, to teach them how to live and eat healthy. Thank you.