Back to Child Nutrition and Cooking

Child Nutrition and Cooking, Stanford University

About this Course

Eating patterns that begin in childhood affect health and well-being across the lifespan. The culture of eating has changed significantly in recent decades, especially in parts of the world where processed foods dominate our dietary intake. This course examines contemporary child nutrition and the impact of the individual decisions made by each family. The health risks associated with obesity in childhood are also discussed. Participants will learn what constitutes a healthy diet for children and adults and how to prepare simple, delicious foods aimed at inspiring a lifelong celebration of easy home-cooked meals. This course will help prepare participants to be the leading health providers, teachers and parents of the present and future.The text and other material in this course may include the opinion of the specific instructor and are not statements of advice, endorsement, opinion, or information of Stanford University....

By RH

Sep 17, 2017

very useful and practical course.. it boosts my positive energy to cook more and more in healthy way for my baby coz much love=much healthy.. It inspired me, it's very simple , easy and very healthy..

By ZP

Oct 07, 2015

This course is immensely informative, as well as fun! I loved the way Maya made things simple, with diagrams to accompany all of the the nutrition information. I hope she does more courses like these!

1,478 Reviews

By Linda Smith

Feb 22, 2019

I really enjoyed this course! My children are grown up now but I still love to cook for them. I see that i followed many of these practices in healthy family eating as they were handed down from my mother. But I have learnt some facts & ideas that will help me in my profession of caring for paediatric clients in their own homes. Thank you so much!

By Lizeth del Carmen Salgado Aráuz

Feb 20, 2019

Me ha encantado este curso, he aprendido muchas cosas que no sabía y nunca tuve en cuenta a la hora de comprar alimentos y también me gustaron los tips para hacer que nuestros hijos coman vegetales.

By Nelson Rodrigo Roa Fernández

Feb 18, 2019

Wonderful experience ! Thank you very much for teaching me so many highly valued information for the well being of my family.

By Michelle Plancarte

Feb 12, 2019

Practical, fast, precision and simplest way of understanding is by doing it.

By SHANTO V. THOMAS

Excellent

By Trinita Ervin

Feb 11, 2019

Great course and very useful information!

By María Antonieta Ricoy Polidura

Feb 11, 2019

Maya is very good at summarizing information and describes it very clearly, particularly when she writes and draws in a blackboard. I also liked the recepies and the way she involves her kids in cooking and collecting things for cooking.

By Virginia Clarke

Feb 09, 2019

Very Informative

By

Feb 09, 2019

El curso es muy educativo e interactivo, siento que no sólo refuerzas ciertos conocimientos, sino que aprendes mucho más.

By Evagelia Panagiotopoulou

Feb 08, 2019

I fulfilled the first 4 weeks, I still have one ahead, but I feel like putting a comment now! I found the course very interesting and highly motivating! I will try to practice more as a mother and I will also try to advise better as a Nutritionist. Thank you Maya