Back to The Bits and Bytes of Computer Networking

TS
Aug 5, 2019

This was a very fun course! I really enjoyed the style and pace of the information given. A lot of technical information was given while the course made it easy to take in and comprehend the material!

JP
Jan 25, 2018

A lot of information, but i feel like i fully understand core networking concepts. A lot of this info has helped me comprehend what will be required for me when I take my Network + certification exam.

351 - 375 of 7,497 Reviews for The Bits and Bytes of Computer Networking

By Patrick A

It’sa really tough course and I needed to go through the Five Layer Network model several times to get through the written portion but I’m so glad I stuck with it. The material is challenging but it needs to be because this stuff isn’t simple. Thanks to Coursera for regular emails reminding me to finish!

By Karen G

Jun 27, 2021

v​ery informative and well organized. I paused the videos often to take in depth notes, and frequently rewatched sections or whole videos. I will definetly be returing to specific videos and my notes for refreshers before interviews! This felt like a proper three credit worth class over a whole semester

By Carson B

Mar 17, 2018

Awesome course, much more intensive than the 1st, but chalked full of useful information.

Some of those quizzes are tricky. If you add or take away a space, misspell, or don't word it exactly as it's supposed to be. You might be at a standstill for 8 hours. Do your research and triple check your answers.

By Stephen G J

Sep 11, 2020

A very challenging course chock full of information!!! I found the discussions about IPv4 vs IPv6 particularly interesting. I would've liked the opportunity to use the virtual machines in real life scenarios to apply and learn more about using the networking troubleshooting skills that were introduced.

By Jussara L

Aug 20, 2020

Conteúdo excelente, abre a mente para o mundo de redes, já havia tido um contato com o assunto antes, mas esse curso me analisar o problema de uma forma diferente, as analogias feitas durante o curso para possamos assimilar o conteúdo é algo encantador. Superou minhas expectativas em todos os aspectos.

By Zaheer K

Jul 25, 2020

I really enjoyed the course and especially the troubleshooting section in week 6. The interview role play regarding networking was awesome. Adding further role-plays as a learning tool could have been valuable. Some practical assessments using quicklabs could have enhanced learning. Thank you Coursera!

By JRC 4

Feb 27, 2018

Awesome course. However you guys need to explain the rules of the compression of the iPv6 quiz. Had to go to the discussion forums to figure it out but that's what made it challenging and more fun as well. However, it still would have helped if you provided the rules written out in the first place.

By elvin p

Sep 17, 2020

This part of the course has been the most challenging for me throughout this course, I have a lot of previous knowledge on networking but i really never studied the network layers topology as thoroughly as this course did. My previous knowledge did help me grasp the curriculum a lot more efficiently.

By Castro M S

Aug 9, 2019

Sir.Victor just nailed this course not only because of so informative according to me interactive keeps a head while learning Online courses this man does includes some fun facts in the middle of the course and always keeps a smiling and a cheerful face.So I am so glad and happy to take this course.

By Daniel P

Aug 28, 2018

An excellent presentation of networking basics. This course gives a broad overview of how networking works and the underpinnings of all modern communications, useful for understanding when troubleshooting, coding a new app, or just as a fun exercise doing binary addition or calculating a subnet mask.

By Joseph C

Aug 12, 2021

this was an excellent(albeit pretty tough) introduction into how computers work over a network, each week got more and more informative but also definitely upped the difficulty(lookin at you week 2 and 6!) but all in all, it was really awesome, and a great insight to the nitty gritty of networking.

By Osoraa N

Jun 3, 2021

I sudenly know a whole lot more about these networking stuff I see all around me. While my current knowledge might not be exhaustive, the way Google has delivered this course has done nothing but pique my interest in IT. I always thought IT-Support was something very daunting, but I'm good now...😂

By Fer

Mar 22, 2021

There is a lot of great information packed into this course. I needed to repeat a lot of videos, read certain things over and over, in order to try and understand how it all makes sense about computer networking. It has been very rewarding and feeling great about moving ahead for the certification.

By Ivon C

Nov 25, 2020

I loved the course it kept me intrigued at all times. I learned things in ways that I could understand them. I fooled around a lot in college and didn't pay attention, but learning here was so interesting this time around I gave my all. thank you so much. I'm looking forward to learning much more.

By Robert H

Apr 13, 2021

This is a very well-done overview of computer networking. You will have to read and dig deeper after you learn new terms and concepts, but this field is for lifelong learners, so it shouldn't be a problem. The people at Google are pros. I was very happy to learn all of this valuable information.

By Gary L M

Jun 5, 2018

While I doubt I would be able to get a job in network administration or repair at an advanced level at this time< I feel this course would give me an advantage over other beginners applying for an entry level network position. And pointed me in directions on how to improve my skills on my own.

By Angel B

Mar 8, 2021

I loved this course. It taught me so much about how computers communicate with each other so that we have the internet. Excellent job trying to be as simple as possible. It must have been difficult but Google did a nice job explaining it. I look forward to the next course. Keep up the good job!

By Akshaykumar K

Nov 27, 2020

It's very important to cleared your basics knowledge before starting advance courses. This is course which gives you very basic concepts knowledge 📝🤔 and hands-on experience 🧐, also gives samples how give interview. Also build your confidence and how to present yourself. 😎

Thanks To All 🙂

By OLanrewaju J I

Sep 14, 2020

This course was really impact-full and well packaged for me to develop myself.

I thought i knew a lot on networking, with my networking fundamental knowledge! this course made me realize that i still have a lot and it gave me a sense of direction in understating computer networking.

By Ezra I S W

Aug 9, 2019

This course amazingly explains computer networking in general. Not too detailed but not too simple either. Visualization is excellent and the explanation is superb. For me, this course filled in the gaps for my theoretical understanding of computer networking. Highly recommended for beginners.

By Ernesto E

May 19, 2019

I really think this is an excellent course even for Professional who have been in field for decades. It will correct some assumptions you have an give you indepth greater understanding on the OSI model and its many layers upon layers you thought you knew. If you are starting out, even more so.

By Ayush G

Nov 1, 2020

This was really an awesome course that covers a wide range of practical and theoretical knowledge. The instructors were quite awesome and interactive, It was really fun to learn this course. Loved this course, thank you Coursera and Google for helping me in learning such a wonderful; course😊

By Carolyn R H

Apr 26, 2020

I learned alot and im very proud of myself for taking the time do so I could not feel as comfortable as i do with out the lessons being covered and demonstrated in such a well mapped out curriculum for quick learning I feel as i will be capable to be further trained to advance on any it job

By Steve C

Jun 9, 2019

Very interesting course. It takes work, but if you dedicate yourself to it, you will learn the most important networking concepts, such as DNS, IPv4/IPv6, addressing, encapsulation, and the 4/57 layer networking models, and you will have a much greater understanding of how the internet works.

By Melinda A H

Mar 26, 2018

A challenging, technical course that provides a base of knowledge for networking, network layers and protocols, routing, cloud computing, and network troubleshooting. This is how the internet works! Just about everything mentioned in the course is important information to know and understand.